AO music compilations

A place to post pictures and share various media links.

Moderator: Station Managers

Re: AO music compilations

Postby bitnykk » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:05 pm

Gridfan wrote:Being able to run around in AO with some new tunes spinning in ones favorite media player is going to be amazing.

As a lucky sort of "first-listener" myself, i can swear it is :D
bitnykk

Postby bitnykk » Sat May 13, 2017 11:58 am

There we go for latest project's news !

So the direction it seems to be going is a free DLC that will be made available through Steam directly on AO's application page.
It would contain all 4 volumes (2 old re-edited + 2 new on preparation) in high-qual MP3 along with corresponding high-res artworks, still being worked by now, that would allow anyone wanting so to fufill their own CD(s) - at home or using a professional service.
Even though not finalized yet, here is a *preview* of what it might look alike http://imgur.com/a/lXeVz

There's no date yet decided for release, as some elements are still being worked or examined, but ideally the next AO anniversary would seem ideal ... let's cross fingers ;)

Some more news ASAP !
bitnykk

Postby bitnykk » Tue May 30, 2017 9:20 am

This report brings us closer than ever to project completion !

First news : its validated title will be "Anarchy Online Music Collection". Second news : 7 new tracks of top quality were added to the project & most of the previous we had were improved upto CD quality also. Last excellent news : Leon Willett also joined the project & should bring 2 more tracks improvements (& may be a new one ...) within this week.

We're very near finish line & then, the last step would be to finalize the playlists & artworks (including a note) for each of the 4 volumes.

So, next report should be the ultimate, hoped to unveil the playlists ... and a surprise bonus :)
bitnykk

Postby bitnykk » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:56 pm

Endly, here comes the last report for this project ! I got some pretty cool news :
- the 4 volume final playlists are now being displayed on top original post edited for clarity, so check upper if you're curious
- each volume artwork features a few words from one of the musicians (M. Sørlie, T. Linløkken, B.A. Lagim or L. Willett)
- electro band Ayria joined in for a special track, related to famous ICC club The Grind, that is shipped within vol. 4
- all files (music & artwork) got finalized & provided to Funcom's Communication Manager ; Steam release is imminent ...

... also, i promised a surprise in previous report, so here it is : the video trailer of the collection !
The link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqDn5LbMetM so feel free to enjoy & share around ;)

My best regards to the present/past/future community of AO.

[End of transmission]
bitnykk

Postby bitnykk » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:38 pm

bitnykk

Previous

Return to Pictures & Media