Christmas 2013 Brainstorming

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

Christmas 2013 Brainstorming

Postby Jezebelle » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Christmas in September again, yay! I know it seems early to start talking about Christmas ideas while we're waiting for Halloween, but this is how long it takes to get ideas, vote on them, write them up, and send them in and leave time for all FC has to do to make them happen, should they choose to. It takes Elfleets a while to construct and package and wrap all those toys without any hands, you know.

I'm going to try collecting ideas for both TSW and AO, since it's the same team that will be making them anyway, and some of the ideas overlap, and an idea meant for one might inspire a related idea for the other. So whichever game you prefer, go ahead and make your suggestion.

The rules:

1) Don't infringe anyone else's Intellectual Property. There are Fair Use exceptions for parody and such, and oblique references are fine, but a direct copy of someone else's IP isn't going to happen. Grey areas are not worth the trouble of having a court decide.

2) Keep it within the game's rating and rules. Items should be social in nature rather than providing any gameplay advantage. Clothing can be pretty skimpy, like the various bikinis we already have, but remember, only monsters go to "clothing optional" beaches. Ingesting drugs or alcohol, including tobacco, is similarly prohibited. I don't recall anyone suggesting anything patently offensive, but if even suggesting it would be against he EULA, it's probably not very Christmassy anyway.

3) New ideas are preferred. If you want to go back to last year's thread and copy one or two favorites, because they're still your favorite ideas, go ahead. I'll probably be doing that myself toward the end. Don't just paste the whole thread here, though. Similarly, please look over this thread before you add to it, to make sure someone else hasn't already said the same thing. If they have, adding some details and/or options to it is fine.

If you want to refer to the lists from previous years for old favorites, or to pick up some inspiration for new ideas:

Christmas 2012
Christmas 2011
Christmas 2010

The schedule:

Sep. 06 - Sep. 20 - (two weeks) I'll be collecting Christmas ideas at all the GSP shows I can get to and posting them in this thread. If you think of something in between shows, just post it here or PM it to me. You can also tell any of the other Dancers if I'm not at the show when you think of something.

Sep. 21 - Sep. 28 - (one week) GSP DJs, Staff, and Dancers vote on their favorite ideas.

Sep. 29 - Oct. 05 - (one week) I'll write up the top 20 ideas in a big, detailed suggestion list with links to reference art. attach the remainder as additional brainstorming, and mail it to FunCom with a link back to this thread, in case they want to see any additional discussion we have about it here.

some time mid-October - FC normally starts planning the event two months ahead to have time to plan, design, create, implement, test, and debug the new items and events.

some time around Dec 12-19 - AO Christmas event starts shortly before Christmas. How shortly depends on whether they're doing a "12 Days" event. TSW had an "End of the World" event last year, so who knows what might be in store this year. Leetzilla vs. Santa Leet trashing Tokyo? The year the Filth stole Christmas? Chasing possessed snowmen around Central Park on snowmobiles, dodging snowball shotguns and icicle swords? We'll have to wait and see. Or suggest one and then wait and see.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Re: Christmas 2013 Brainstorming

Postby Jezebelle » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:10 pm

1) dancing zombie Santa

2) trade mechanism for snowman parts and replicas

3) personal fireworks for New Year's Eve - a nano or reusable toy in AO, stacks of fireworks or a flare launcher in TSW

4) shiny red ribbon bandeau and boyshorts with little ribbon ties on the hips

5) jetski, or some kind of water vehicle smaller than a yacht, that preferably doesn't require much skill (who actually spends anything on Vehicle- Water?)

6) versions of Mr. Wheelie with Santa hat or antlers or mistletoe or icicles

7) Candy cane dress in the style of the AO Play Costume - Fifth Edition / TSW One shoulder soiree dress (the new "little black dresses")

8) pet costumes, like a beard for Carlo and a Santa hat for slayer droids

9) gingerbread man/woman on a stick

10) candy cane-striped dancing pole

11) Cheerleet in an Elfleet costume

12) mermaid morph that buffs swimming and nerfs runspeed, like a boat does

13) box of mint candies like the chocolate exultation gift box, maybe with random minor buffs on some of them

14) ghost pets of christmas past present and past - full size avatars

15) fix the bugs in the Santa Leet's Workshop mission: snowballs not working on escaping gifts, no warp to the site for lowbies, Grin'Cha sometimes vanishes without loot and never has enough loot to get the one thing you still need in a reasonable number of tries... (Was that all of them? I thought there was more than that.)

16) Christmassy versions of existing clothing items, such as a red and white striped thong

17) shiny silver tux to match the “Style and Gilt” ones from TSW or the purple/green/red/orange/pink ones from AO

18) halos in TSW

19) glowing incorporeal angel wings - like http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2 ... 386i7k.png

20) pet half-naked Christmas sprite - like a fairy in a skimpy little "Santa's Helper" costume, I suppose? Flying around you like the Orochi drone and throwing glitter at things?

21) pet reindeer

22) dick in a box - wearable cardboard box, or detachable toy, I suppose

23) pet accessories like collars and glowing eyes and doggies with antlers and red noses and Carlo & Carlita Claus, optionally added to existing pets

24) a shotgun that shoots Christmas cookies or tinsel or ornaments

25) elf costume like a green version of Play Costume - Holiday Series #2, with the tutu optional

26) a gravy boat, a really big one, big enough to escape in if the world is flooded with gravy, a gravy ark, if you will

27) leet pulling a sleigh

28) mistletoe bikini

29) variant Naughty List bikinis - green with red straps and silver/white gift box designs, white with green straps and red Christmas balls (ornaments) - or strategically placed mistletoe

30) wearable snowman costume

31) permanent Santa Hat

32) silver bikini

33) TSW Golem event where the golems are in santa hats and give approrpriate xmas themed loot

34) Naughty List bikinis, and all the other Christmas outfits, copied from AO to TSW

35) TSW: army of filth-infected mall Santas and Red Cross Santas

36) leet-drawn sleigh ground vehicle

37) lumps of coal

38) Jell-o, or other things that jiggle like Jell-o

39) a shrubbery, and a "herring" skin for the chainsaw. So once we've collected a couple shrubberies, we can cut down the tallest tree in the forest with a herring.

40) animated inflatable lawn ornaments, like snowmen and evil elves

41) pink silvertail pets in TSW too ... or just ponies

42) Christmas sweater with blinking Christmas lights

43) zombie rampage sleigh ride mini game, like running over zombies in Santa hats to get away from a massive snow man, like the snowmobile from issue 7 only with zombies

44) Cupcake the Barbarian used TSW's agartha portal system to escape AoC and is hiding out in AO

45) Christmas-themed weapon skins - icicle swords, candy cane hammers, gingerbread foci, frosting guns, candy cane claws, etc

46) candy cane panties - with the candy canes on the back instead of a tiny little thong too small to see a design on

47) peppermint candies like the Wierd Looking Candy Cherries, but they morph you into cute things like leets and reets and silvertails and minibrontos

48) more musical instruments, like quitars and drums (with drumsticks)

49) santa leet shaped shoulder lanterns in green and red

50) green, red, white, and striped strings of leet-shaped lanterns for apartments

51) deer antler hats (headband like AO, wool hat with ears and horns, or a deer skull)

52) yellow construction hardhat

53) beer hat with eggnog cartons instead

54) reindeer costume in separate parts: furry pants with a fluffy tail, "hoof" boots, "hoof" mittens, spotted brown and white fur jacket, furry hood with antlers, and a black or glowing red nose accessory.
Last edited by Jezebelle on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Jezebelle » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:11 pm

[reserved for additional/late ideas, maybe some resurrected from old lists]
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Shigy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:56 am

More christmas edition of already in game clothing.

Maybe a red and white striped thong?
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Faeyte » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:55 am

Haven't seen one of the FC Christmas events yet but I thought this would be kinda cool & funny at the same time:

A shotgun that shoots Christmas cookies or tinsel or ornaments (take your pick)
Faeyte
Post Hunter

Postby Caliana » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:59 am

Deer antler hats. Either in the headband variety

the cute hat/hood style

Or a pagan/realistic style (perhaps done similar to the Anubis one, but not as ugly)
Last edited by Caliana on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caliana - 9 Swords, Rapier Division
Zellira - GSP Dancers, Leader
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Fraitliner » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:27 pm

never can have enuff hats... the yellow safety hat beer hat... with eggnog cartons
raindeer back half costume. or full.. so its your top half but a raindeer bottom like a centar lol . costume not so much a morph
Fraitliner
GSP Dancer

Postby Caliana » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:33 am

:question:

27) leet pulling a sleigh

28) mistletoe bikini

These would be so cute!
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Jezebelle » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:57 am

Caliana wrote:

:question:

Yeah. I blame Lonely Island. (I'd link to it, but even when The Lonely Island posted it themselves on their own website, NBC Universal had it removed for copyright violation. But at least the lyrics are still available.) And then FC went and made "Zix in a Box" pets for last Christmas in AO, so it became kind of a running joke. At least those aren't wearable. Strap-on cardboard boxes were specified when this was suggested. And not just for Christmas, apparently. Every. Single. Holiday.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Jezebelle » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:12 am

The Christmas List has been sent in. Here's the results of the voting and the more detailed descriptions I came up with. A link back to this thread was included in the message, so if you want to discuss any of these here, go ahead. If they use any of these ideas, they might click on over here and see what we discussed.

1) mistletoe bikini

By far, the most popular suggestion this year was a mistletoe bikini. Not a tiny triangle and thong bikini with a mistletoe design on it. That was a separate item. This one is more like an even skimpier version of Miiir's Leaves outfit, made of mistletoe. Strategically positioned leaves and berries held in place by narrow branch-colored ribbons. Works for the ladies in both AO and TSW, but the gentlemen and troxies might need a bit more fabric, maybe something like those new men's swimsuits in TSW, maybe with a suggestively placed design of twig, berries, and leaves.

2 (tied) red ribbon outfit

Second place was a tie, so the skimpier one is listed first only because it was suggested earlier. Years earlier. This has been mentioned almost every year. It's a shiny red ribbon bandeau and boyshorts with little ribbon ties on the hips. Or something generally like that. I've attached reference photos before, but it doesn't have to be that specific. There's plenty of examples out there of the basic idea. Sometimes the bow is on the back of the thong, sometimes it's on the front of the bra, and sometimes it's just two lengths of actual red ribbon tied on with a bow, or one length of ribbon on the bottom and two ribbon pasties on top. Anything that looks like wearing nothing but the shiny red ribbon from a Christmas gift would be fine.

2 (tied) candy cane dress

The second place tie is a lot easier to describe. It's just a short dress, like the AO Play Costume - Fifth Edition or TSW's one shoulder soiree dress (the new "little black dresses") but striped red and white like a candy cane.

4) variant Naughty List bikinis

The good old Naughty List Bikini has red panels, white straps, and a green Christmas tree design. Those colors could be rearranged to make different designs of the same style, such as green panels with red straps and silver gift box or white snowman designs, or white panels with green straps and red Christmas balls (ornaments) or green and red mistletoe. Maybe the existing Naughty List bikinis could even be updated to change colors to those variants, and then dropped again for those who missed them.

5) elf costume

There are lots of examples of elf costumes out there, ranging from Legolas to Tinkerbell to Robin Hood to a tavern wench on St. Patrick's Day. It's generally a lot of green, usually fairly skimpy, and relatively simple. Something like a green version of AO's Play Costume - Holiday Series #2, with the tutu optional, would be good.

6) Christmassy versions of existing clothing items

This was a pretty vague one. The only specific example that came up was a red and white striped thong. That's an AO item, but TSW could use some of those, too. Presumably, bras and boxers would go well with it. Particularly for TSW, it should be easier to just take a variety of existing items and re-skin them in Christmassy colors than to create new styles and outfits, right? For AO, maybe some of the anniversary outfits could be redone in Christmas colors. Or some of Miiir's lingerie or suits, or Maria's casualwear or uniforms.

7) TSW Christmas golems

Not everyone is thrilled with golem events that require them to tune their graphics options below minimum just to survive, but it seems there are still a fair number of players who want more ambulatory mountains they can gang up on, 30 at a time, to smash like pinatas. As long as us lowbies who can barely run the game without all that excitement also have our chance at Christmas loot, I don't see a problem with that. And I bet those giant golems would look cute in Santa hats. Maybe have little elf-sized ones run around with just the basic social loot for us lowbies and give the big golems that stuff plus some special rewards for the big groups and power players. Bullion and signets and other stuff that lowbies can't even use yet anyway.

8) leet pulling a sleigh

A pet Antleet harnessed to a little sleigh. In TSW, it might need a new set of animations. Or at least skip the "curl up and take a nap" part.

9 (tied) TSW Christmas-themed weapon skins

Molds for icicle swords, candy cane hammers, gingerbread foci, gift-wrapped storybooks, frosting guns, peppermint stick claws, etc. Maybe even Mr. Squeaky Ray Guns?

9 (tied) candy cane panties

Not the same idea as the red and white striped thong that got more votes. This is something with a little fabric to it, like French-cut or hipster briefs, something with enough room for a candy canes design on the back instead of a tiny little thong too small to see a design on. And don't leave the boys out, of course. Probably most of them would probably prefer boxers, but girls like boxers, too. Maybe make two styles, boxers and briefs, and make them both fit everyone?

11 (tied) personal fireworks for New Year's Eve

I think this would be more welcome in AO, preferably as a nano or reusable toy, like the Holiday Holograms. In TSW, a reusable flare launcher might be fun, but many of us are a little overloaded with multiple stacks of fireworks for now. Perhaps by Christmas we'll have used some of them, but there were way too many at the Gilded Rage event.

11 (tied) deer antler hats

There are numerous forms this could take, including the antlers we already have in AO. To make the same thing in TSW, they'd probably make more sense with a headband. A knit wool hat with ears and horns would be a cute option for either game. An actual deer skull for AO, like the TSW Mayan Headdress, would be the creepy option.

13) Santa Leet-shaped shoulder lanterns

Glowing red Santa Leets and/or green Elfleets hovering over your shoulders. Or maybe the glow comes from something in the bags tied to their backs.

14 (tied) glowing incorporeal angel wings

I think this one was meant more for TSW. AO already has angel wings, but translucent ones would still be cool. Cool and icy and blue, like Redeemed mobs, or fiery like http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/027/5/e/dragon_wings_by_mosquitone-d386i7k.png.

14 (tied) all the AO Christmas outfits copied to TSW

Especially the Naughty List Bikinis and Boxers, but the various Play Costume - Holiday Series outfits would be good, too. And the fuchsia ski suit and Christmas sweaters and jackets and, of course, the Santa Suit.

14 (tied) TSW: army of filth-infected mall Santas and Red Cross Santas

I'm sure most, if not all of you, have seen the Doctor Who: Series 3 Christmas Episode "The Runaway Bride". It's the one where robot Santas all turned homicidal, with exploding remote toy cars and tubas that launched cannonballs and all sorts of giftwrapped mayhem. That's what this idea reminded everyone of. If you could do something kind of like that, but with Filth instead of aliens and robots, it would go really well with the Christmas-themed weapon skins.

17 (tied) pet sexy Christmas sprite

I imagine this as Tinkerbell in a skimpy little "Santa's Helper" costume. Not that exact character, of course, but the general idea- a little flying, glowing fairy girl, maybe about the size of an Orochi sphere, so she's not too tiny to see. Maybe she even behaves like the Orochi drone, flying around you and throwing glitter at things instead of zapping and scanning them. At least the TSW version should do that. If she shows up in AO, I don't think anyone would expect as much.

17 (tied) reindeer costume in separate parts

Definitely separates, not a one-piece uniform. Furry brown/tan pants with a fluffy tail, "hoof" boots, "hoof" mittens, spotted brown and white fur jacket, furry hood with antlers, and a black or glowing red nose accessory. See also "deer antler hats" above.

19) mermaid morph

I guess this one's more for AO, since TSW doesn't seem to even have swimming. (Yet?) Is is possible to swap swimming speed and running speed? If not, just buffing swimming and nerfing runspeed, like a boat, would suffice. Oh, and there would need to be merman and mertrox, too. And of course, then we'd want to swim /under/ the water and all that. But maybe the morph doesn't give us gills? (Yet?)

20 (tied) ghost pets of christmas past, present, and future

Full size avatars were specified, but I really didn't think it would get enough votes to worry about getting the details of what they meant. Maybe the ghost of Christmas Past is a Pict from AoC, Present is an Orochi agent, and Future is Uncle Pumpkinhead?

20 (tied) zombie rampage sleigh ride mini game

"... like running over zombies in Santa hats to get away from a massive snow man, like the snowmobile from issue 7 only with zombies." Sounds like a TSW-only idea to me, but I haven't done Issue 7 yet myself, so I'm not really sure what the details would be.

20 (tied) more musical instruments, like quitars and drums (with drumsticks)

I guess it's only "more" instruments in AO. TSW doesn't even have social "weapons" yet. It's an idea that comes up pretty frequently, though. Things that are equippable as weapons and can make pretty effects, or maybe sounds, but don't have any actual combat use. Maybe they'd have their own skills, or maybe they could invoke the graphics of various weapon skills without any real effect.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Vallikat » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Great work on this as always Jez! Crossing my fingers that we see some of these ideas in both games. :)
Vallikat
Station Manager & Events Lead

Postby Caliana » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Eee! :) I'm happy something I suggested ranked so close to top ten :D
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Return to General/Discussion