Halloween 2011 Brainstorming

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

Halloween 2011 Brainstorming

Postby Jezebelle » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:33 am

Time to think spooky again! Yes, I know, the 10th Birthday event is still going on as I type this, but if you think that's too early, check out the date on the thread where Means asked for suggestions for the 10th Birthday.

Friday with Means - April 15th, 2011 - 10th Anniversary Content Suggestions

And then they had their meeting to discuss which ideas to use less than a week later, April 21st, for an event that started about two months after that. We want to get these ideas to FC more than two months before the event. If the Halloween event starts some time in the last week of October, I'm sending in the top suggestions in the middle of August, so:

Jul 8 - Jul 22: Two weeks of collecting suggestions at parties and here in this thread.

Jul 23 - Aug 6: Two weeks for GSP DJs, Dancers, and Staff vote on their favorite ideas.

Aug 7 - Aug 17: 10 days for me to write up detailed descriptions of the favorite ideas, with example links where necessary.

Aug 24 - Oct 24: FC has two months to design, build, implement, and test all the new goodies, in between all the other things they're working on, like rebalancing the professions and finishing that new engine.

Some time around Oct 24: Event starts

Oct 31: Halloween

Now this is a brainstorming thread, so we want lots of ideas to choose from. GSP will be picking favorites for me to write up, but that list will have a link back here to the whole list, because something that didn't strike a chord with us might turn out to give FC a good idea anyway.

Some guidelines for suggestions:

1) Be specific enough that everyone will have roughly the same idea what you mean.

2) Don't infringe on anyone else's Intellectual Property. Ideas inspired by some other game, movie, tv show, or whatever, are fine, as long as they're just oblique references. Using quotes, images, or names that belong to someone else isn't going to happen.

3) Keep it within the game's "T for Teen" rating. You've all seen the bikinis, thongs, and alien toys, so you know there's still a lot of room to be sexy without getting too explicit.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Jezebelle » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:34 am

Ideas collected since last Halloween:

- skull nipple shields (That's pushing the rating limit, but we can leave it up to FC to decide whether that's over the line)

- biohazard warning signs (specifically posters, maybe placards too)

- Hellhound Cheerleet. Spiky black dog collar and Gothic Lolita dress. Says "Girrr *giggle*" a lot.

- pumpkin / jack-o-lantern backpack

- Full-size Leetzilla costumes so we can stomp around that miniature city out in Galway.

- haunted tree morph, darker than the usual one, maybe with tp in it or bats or something

- broomstick skirts

- Nushen decoys that charm GUPHs or have their own aggro copied to any nearby GUPHs (hunting DJ Nushen at Halloween has somehow become something of a tradition)

- invisible bikini (ala “the ghost in the invisible bikini”)

- scary bunny costume (like the one in Donnie Darkko)

- Poster of Griefing Uncle Pumpkinheads smoking cigars and playing cards (like the famous dogs painting)

- T-shirt: “G-Spot” ... Maybe a little less direct and more innuendo? A picture of a coffee pot with the letter 'G' on it? "G's pot"
Last edited by Kwaut on Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Sprkly » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:30 am

Pink silvertail doll and/or pet

It's name should be Fluffy.
Sprkly
I Am Legend

Postby Andyz » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:19 am

A zombie leet nano that turns other people into zombie leets if you touch them? That would be really funny :P
Andyz

Postby Sprkly » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:20 am

Andyz wrote:A zombie leet nano that turns other people into zombie leets if you touch them? That would be really funny :P

I don't know how "touching" other players would be defined, but I think this idea is hilarious. What if... Someone summoned a zombie leet pet, and the zombie leet auto-casts an AoE nano to turn either players or other social pets into zombie leets? Would have to be unable to do during combat though.
Sprkly
I Am Legend

Postby Jezebelle » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:06 am

I see two options there.

1) Zombie Leet Pet nano - "aggros" and /petduels any non-zombie social leet pet in range and has a proc that replaces the victim with another zombie leet, cancelling the petduel.

2) Zombie costume for players - a friendly morph nano, so those who don't want to participate can cancel it. Can side be temporarily changed to "monster" for the duration of the nano? If so, set side to monster, nerf all initiatives and runspeed down to nothing, heal per tick like a Keeper with a Doctor's HoT running, and grant a proc that casts this nano on the fighting target, but only with melee/unarmed weapons and only affecting other players. Start the Zombie Apocalypse by having an Events ARK or GM cast this on themselves, stagger into Borealis, and "bite" someone.

That would be a lot of work, I think. They'd have to really want to make that happen to put that much work into it. The pet would probably be easier.

Other ideas suggested at tonight's show:

- Frankenduckie, or would that be "Dr. Frankensqueak's Monster"?

- zorro masks and lorgnettes (those glittery masks with a handle people wear to fancy masquerade balls) - perhaps clickable to change between holdable/wearable and black/silver
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Andyz » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:07 pm

Evil bunny costume,

If the zombie nano thing is too much, A zombie Vision nano that turns the player to (client side) see everyone as a zombie/Zombieleet?

Ingame charmable Marylin Manson mob? (I mean, he'd fit in, creepy fucker) :P
Andyz

Postby Jezebelle » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:44 pm

Andy, do you mean an "Evil Bunny" like the one in Donnie Darkko (already on the list) or something different?

Making everyone look like zombies would be adding a whole new feature that the engine doesn't already have. That would be even more work than the zombie morph, unless there is no way for a nano to set your side to "wildlife"... which I don't think has been used if it does exist and might be prone to exploits. So they both might be more trouble than they're worth.

And "Marilyn Manson" is a perfect example of someone else's IP. His image is his trademark and it's pretty unlikely FC is going to be making any marketing deals with him to use his likeness to plug his music, like they did with Ariya. Parody is fair play, but some people don't see it that way. MM strikes me as the kind who takes himself way too seriously and would take offense at parody. Besides, a parody of Marilyn Manson without the music would just be an exaggerated stereotype of a horror-freak Goth.

New ideas today:

- Party hats, like the one the heckler pet wears
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Andyz » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:22 am

Well, evil bunny sort of either like donnie darko or this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzkJYoyHqdI

(shows up a little bit into the song) but yeah, Evil/possessed bunny ftw. also at MM analysis: LOL
Andyz

Postby Gemmikins » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:31 am

Leet dolls to coincide with the ones we have as nanos - Draculeet dolls would be so awesome :)

Halloween based sparklies - maybe they can send out pumpkins in halloween style colours :)

Mini sabretooth pet - a small version of the advie kitty form so that it runs around with you so you can have the witch's black cat with you ;)

Hmm I'm sure something else will hit me later on so will add to it when it comes to me *giggles*
Tomorrow is another day for tainting and corrupting more innocent souls :)

"Do I detect the formation of a new org? Bacon Appreciation Society? I have first dibs on the head post at the Tastier As Rashers Division...Yes...that would make me The Man from B.A.S.T.A.R.D !."
Gemmikins
Station Manager & Promotions Lead

Postby Jezebelle » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:41 am

Andy - good "evil bunny" example. Something in between the two, so it's not close enough to either one to be a problem, would be about right.

Gemmy - Yay kittens! I like all those ideas, but kittens always get my vote.

Collected since my last post:

- black trenchskirt with blue GSP logo on front, blue designs starting at bottom in a light blue matching the Blue Boots, then “GSP” on back, darker blue toward the top

- moonshine still furniture

- a skirt that can change from looking like the Galean Close Combat Skirt to the bottom of a Trenchskirt to a black version of the female bottom of the 3rd edition Play Costume

- tail back item - click to select bunny, kitty, or fox

- short shorts that match the Rubber Catsuit, like the Bunny Legs of Gridstream Productions without the fishnets, but matching the color and style of the Rubber Catsuit

- turkeys to shoot for thanksgiving, randomly spawning in the woods like nomads appeared in the deserts. Different appearance and name for different level ranges: nuttaz turkey, sickly turkey, fatty turkey, lady turkey, bare nekkid turkey, etc. all the way up to an Inferno-baked turkey as mean as a Griefing Uncle Pumpkinhead. And don't forget the black powder guns to shoot them with. And headdresses made with their feathers.

- t-shirt: “how to confuse a noob - see instructions on other side” on both sides. (even if that all fit on the texture, we'd probably only be able to read it on an Atrox Enforcer, so maybe just make it intentionally illegible to start with and put the text in the description, then you get to laugh at people inspecting you)
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby audrima » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:32 pm

Flying Kitty of DOOM nano (social only, for doom kitteh only)... hey I can wish can't I? ^_^

Little Doom Kitteh doll, looks and claws like the real one!
http://audrima.net/?page_id=2&file=Little/IMG_0020.jpg

hm punckens that explode?

Nano that plays spooky music?

nano that turns every shadow green?

nano that turns everyone who's name starts with magne into a cheerleet?

nano that shouts out "JEZY IS THE SEXY RULER OF JO ALL!"?

Nano that shouts (with pretty rainbow colors) "Sprkly Unicorns YAY!"

Nano that SHouts (with cute awesomeness) " J0@N RULES!!!!!"

Nano that... well you get the idea (insert gsp people and me here ^_^)

hm a sign that says "it's GSP DUH Login!"

how about a fire truck?

hm free candy that turns the person that eats it into a Ganu?

ooo! wolfman.

^_^
audrima
Forum Preacher

Postby Sprkly » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:49 pm

Light bulb!

Spiderweb bikini! Picture spider webs covering all the naughty bits. I'm seeing the style of the spiderweb nanospray, but shrunk down. I think that could be done in a mostly PG way.

Spiderweb undies for a trox would be totally funny too.
Sprkly
I Am Legend

Postby Gemmikins » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:45 am

I like them ideas sprkly :)

How about a nano that is a pot of glitter that can be thrown at people like the snowball but shower them in sparklies instead ;)

Wands to provide our fairys with something to hold along with their wings :)
and crowns to have something for them to wear on their head too :)

Leet balloons! Flying leets would be awesome :)

Purple and black mini skirt :)

Purple and black boots :)

Purple dress like the red/black ones already ingame :) - or other colours as people so wish :)

"Do I detect the formation of a new org? Bacon Appreciation Society? I have first dibs on the head post at the Tastier As Rashers Division...Yes...that would make me The Man from B.A.S.T.A.R.D !."
Gemmikins

Postby Jezebelle » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:16 am

Lalesi - Exploding pumpkins? What, thrown like grenades? Or when you step on them, like mines? What would they do, other than get icky orange goo all over you? And firetruck? Gnu? I'm missing the Halloween connection there. I like the wolfman idea, though. Maybe it could change the user's "skin" texture to something that looks like fur and fangs and such. That would work.

Sprkly - Yes! Spiderweb Bikini would look something like the Snowflake Bikini I suggested last Christmas. We didn't get that one, but maybe if we keep asking.... Hey, maybe it's adjustable to look like either a snowflake or a spiderweb! They could give it out for both events.

Gemmy - Lots of good stuff there! Especially the thrown glitter!

More new ideas from tonight:

- The “Running Down the Beach Naked” social game Means mentioned at the RK4 10th Birthday Q&A session

- interactive succubi

- tentacles/cthulhu outfit - two parts to this one. 1) like a Mutant morph, but more tentacles (maybe both arms and head snakes like medusae) 2) a new variation on the tentacle bikini (will the tentacles writhe in the new engine? I'm squirming just thinking about it)

- little mini castles to put in your apartment

- mini dragon (pit lizard) balloons or pets or a poster of them (maybe a poster of some cheesy sci-fi "Attack of the Pit Lizard" movie with them breathing fire, like last year's "Night of the Draculeet")

- a pretty princess costume, preferably pink, with a glittery wand (same one as the fairy mentioned above) and a conical hat with streamers. A tiara would also be acceptable. Tiaras are always good and those would work for the fairies, too.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Ashval » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:47 pm

I'm not sure that Funcom is going to be down with my idea of "interactive succubi." :twisted:
Ashval
Former Station Owner & Deacon of Doom

Postby Gemmikins » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:12 am

It's worth a shot regardless, it's a good idea :)

Gemmikins

Postby Nicodar » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:38 am

Ashval wrote:I'm not sure that Funcom is going to be down with my idea of "interactive succubi." :twisted:

Well maybe if you suggested it for AoC, they would be...
Nicodar

Postby Jezebelle » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:32 am

I suppose it depends on what exactly your idea of an interactive succubus is. Flirting is interaction. Assigning a quest that involves chatting up some Savage Medusae and rewards you with some skimpy, sexy new outfit, is interaction. Following you around with a riding crop and smacking your behind with it any time you're not running fast enough is interaction. The kinds of interaction succubi are best known for would, indeed, be outside the "Teen" rating, but if we just leave it vague like that, maybe someone with an imagination and a sense of humor will get an idea from it.

New ideas for Thursday:

- tradable Trick-or-Treat bags containing Halloween goodies, like Christmas Gifts

- candied apples (or whatever Rubi-Ka fruit goes well with caramel)

And on Friday:

- complete “geisha” costume by adding a mask with shimada hairstyle and kanzashi hairpins and an obi sash to Maria's kimono and sandals.

- “Hello Leety” personal massager

- bikini top that changes to the same colors the new thong does, same style as the one that comes with Back Stars Tattoo or the Tentacle top would be good, but a new style would also be welcome (maybe it's something else on males and troxes, like a neckkerchief or neck tie or bow tie or something)

- palm leaf bikini, or whatever passes for a fig leaf on Rubi-Ka, for naturists, because obviously there are no nudists in a teen-rated game

- fishnet bikini, possibly a third variation of the spiderweb / snowflake bikini
Last edited by Kwaut on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Jezebelle » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:51 am

There wasn't much Halloween discussion over the weekend, but there were still two ideas that came up.

- bandeaus in at least a couple different colors and patterns. Black with skulls or jack-o-lanterns is an obvious one. Orange with bats or black cats is good, too. Or maybe something less traditionally RK4 and more AO, like making it ragged, as if it was ripped from Uncle Pumpkinhead's robe. Or little Childhood Memories teddy bears on it.

- Silvertail morph - minimal requirements and no effects, like the Veteran Leet Morph, but it turns you into a pink Silvertail.

I wasn't there for much of Synnthetik's show tonight, but a bunch of ideas came flooding in. If I missed any or more came up after I left, someone please add them on.

- hobo costume

- ghost leet - a leet tail poking out from under a sheet with big holes for the eyes.

- Trolleet - I can just see the games of "whack a troll" already

- a dancing devil opi girl toy, like the Dancing Mrs Claus

- poisoned candy (makes you /puke if you right-click it, possibly even causes disease damage)

- devilgirl (succubus?) costume that morphs the user into a Solitus mesh and skin, like the catgirl uniform, but with a devil tail and horns, so even little Opis have curves when wearing it. Maybe male and trox versions too, this time?

- skeleeton - If it's too much work to make a mesh for the skeleton of a leet, how about putting one of those "skeleton costumes" on a leet?

- Freddy Kruger leet - the hat and ripped sweater will have to be close enough. No hands. Metal claws on one foot?

- "dead" Mr. Squeaky with 'X's for eyes (placeable as furniture, sideways of course, possibly looted from yellow reet "ducks")
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Next

Return to General/Discussion