News from Dharzee-land, part 2

Saturdays (8pm - 10pm Eastern) with DJ Dharzee

Moderator: Dharzee

News from Dharzee-land, part 2

Postby Dharzee » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:02 am

Hello once again. Still surviving out in RK4 and even getting some cleaning done here and there. In a few weeks my hours at work will be changing rather radically so when the Big Hair Ball returns, it will need to be a different time or day or both. I have identified an interesting prospect for a new ISP but they require a clear line of sight from their equipment on top of the house to a nearby tower. There are two different towers close enough to where I live but there are also lots of trees in my neighborhood so they might not work out. Ciao for now.
#BlameDharzee
"I'm in love with my lust, burning angel wings to dust" - Nightwish, Wish I Had An Angel
Dharzee
Training Wheels Officer

Re: News from Dharzee-land, part 2

Postby Jezebelle » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:43 am

You're getting laser internet? Fiber's too slow? Don't burn the trees with those blazing 80's riffs!
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Re: News from Dharzee-land, part 2

Postby Dharzee » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:42 am

They call it "speed based wireless internet." Maybe that's the fancy way of saying lasers. Pew pew. And apparently fiber isn't available in my area yet. At least it wasn't available through the phone company because the fellow I spoke to when I cancelled my service looked it up to se if he could 'upgrade' me. I don't know if the cable company uses fiber lines or not but I have never heard anything nice about their service so I'm not planning on using them except as a last resort.
#BlameDharzee
"I'm in love with my lust, burning angel wings to dust" - Nightwish, Wish I Had An Angel
Dharzee
Training Wheels Officer

Return to Big Hair Ball (AO)