New themed show -

Saturdays (12:30 pm - 3:30 pm Eastern) with DJ Gemmikins

Moderator: Gemmikins

New themed show -

Postby Gemmikins » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:51 pm

I asked on fb and in discord about a new type show. I'm pondering an RP SWL show with reading excerpts and some music inbetween. Looking for feedback on this and some additional ideas for types of reading, SWL areas to host in and some help with the RP side if you can.

Gemmy
Tomorrow is another day for tainting and corrupting more innocent souls :)

"Do I detect the formation of a new org? Bacon Appreciation Society? I have first dibs on the head post at the Tastier As Rashers Division...Yes...that would make me The Man from B.A.S.T.A.R.D !."
Gemmikins
Station Manager & Promotions Lead

Re: New themed show -

Postby Jezebelle » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:44 am

I'm not heavy into RP, but I played along with Trevalin and Iolanthe's shows. I never really got into the Twitter RP thing. I wouldn't mind going along with another RP show, but I'm afraid I might not have much in the way of ideas for running one.

As for story ideas, that's a little easier. I'd start with the kinds of stories that fit the world and even inspired the lore. Lovecraft in particular. Did you know he wrote poetry, too? Those are pretty short. The kinds of pulp horror that made the Halloween radio shows would fit, too. If you could get your hands on some old "Penny Dreadfuls" there should be plenty. The FC SWL forums have a thread about Secret World Recommended Readings that should help.

There were contemporaries of Lovecraft who might be worth looking into. People he admired enough to name places, monsters, or artifacts in his stories after them. Clark Ashton Smith and August Derleth come to mind. If you poke around the Lovecraft shelves on Amazon, you'll find a trove of Cthulhu-adjacent horror, collections of Cthulhu-mythos stories, etc.

As for how to spin the stories into RP... what if the excerpts you read are like the pages of journals and notes and whatnot that we find in missions? Maybe you came across this manuscript in some abandoned asylum or something and want to share it with the Secret Worlders in general before either the Illuminati or the Templars disappear it into some private sealed library for their own records. Of course, it may not really be accurate. Anything found scrawled in an asylum is about as apocryphal as it gets.

Always liked that word. There aren't enough occasions to use it. Maybe call the show "Apocryphal Reports" or "Apocrypha Now" or something. Or you could just have Dave Screed introduce it. That would get the point across.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Gemmikins » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:50 pm

You are the best Jeze, that helps a lot! Thank you so much!
Tomorrow is another day for tainting and corrupting more innocent souls :)

"Do I detect the formation of a new org? Bacon Appreciation Society? I have first dibs on the head post at the Tastier As Rashers Division...Yes...that would make me The Man from B.A.S.T.A.R.D !."
Gemmikins
Station Manager & Promotions Lead

Postby Kermie » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:44 pm

yep. she is all sorts of awesome.
Kermie
GSP Crew

Return to Blissful Elevations (AO)