lets see what you guys get tattooed

A place to post pictures and share various media links.

Moderator: Station Managers

Postby Sprkly » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:27 am

Drexlore wrote:Once you get a tattoo....you'll want another one.

Indeed. I have 6 and plans for 5-6 more already, including making my phoenix into a half sleeve. I'm thinking of drawing a sketch of all my free space so I can brainstorm how to fill it in. :D
Sprkly
I Am Legend

Postby Mivat » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:30 am

Drexlore wrote:Once you get a tattoo....you'll want another one.

Pretty much this. I've got two so far, and I'm going back to re-ink my right arm later this year. Also have a full sleeve planned on my right arm, but have to wait with that. My better half isn't much for it. Yet :P
Mivat

Postby Sprkly » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:24 am

ValliKat wrote:Thanks. :) One quick thing I wanted to mention for those that aren't on my FB. This may or may not be done. He did want to do more with yellow flames around the head to offset it a bit. However it was getting late so he suggested that I go home with it now and then think about whether or not I want more done later.

I think some yellow flames would look cool with it! I can totally picture what he's wanting to do and I think it would be awesome :)
Sprkly
I Am Legend

Postby Gemmikins » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:16 pm

looks good Valli and definitely can third opinion that wanting more tattoos, went from one to four within two different trips and already wanting a couple more already hehe
Tomorrow is another day for tainting and corrupting more innocent souls :)

"Do I detect the formation of a new org? Bacon Appreciation Society? I have first dibs on the head post at the Tastier As Rashers Division...Yes...that would make me The Man from B.A.S.T.A.R.D !."
Gemmikins
Station Manager & Promotions Lead

Postby Ashval » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:07 pm

That's awesome Valli! :)

ARGH...now I'm back to trying to figure out what I want for tattoo #3. I want one bad, but I can't decide what to get.
Ashval
Former Station Owner & Deacon of Doom

Postby Vallikat » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:51 pm

Thanks everyone! I'm so glad it is well liked because I'm really proud of it. :)

Not sure if I have the bug yet though. I'm more inclined to see about finishing this one off first. Then we'll see.

I just really can't say enough about my artist. He was so patient with me. He sat with me for a very long time during the afternoon and brainstormed with me what I was going to want. He was so reassuring about the whole process and really made me feel comfortable about it. He explained everything and answered all my questions. He stayed late to do it last night because he knew I really wanted it for my birthday. I have his personal cell number and he said to call him anytime if I have any question at all about my tattoo. It was a really good experience.
Vallikat
Station Manager & Events Lead

Postby Sprkly » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:44 pm

That's good. :) I had a hard time finding an artist whose work I liked that also had a great personality. My most artistic tattoo (my phoenix) I got from a freakin weird jerky dude. 3 hour session and he didn't say a word to me. :/

I found a cool artist who did 2 of mine, who let my little girls come in with me. They were 3 and like 6 months old at the time. It was pretty cool he allowed that. But, his tatts weren't the greatest.

Love the girl who did my last 2. My first female artist, and she's super cool and can do amazing things with color. She has a kinda heavy hand, but a little extra pain is worth good art and a friendship. :)

You're lucky to have had such a cool person your first time.
Sprkly
I Am Legend

Postby Sprkly » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:03 pm

Kapow.
Attachments
100_2898.jpg
Sprkly
I Am Legend

Postby Vallikat » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:29 pm

Nice. :)
Vallikat

Postby Gemmikins » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:18 pm

Oh that's pretty Sprkly! Making me want another tattoo even more now >.< sucks i'm in the wrong household to get more as it's frowned upon and i can't drive to get another one xD

"Do I detect the formation of a new org? Bacon Appreciation Society? I have first dibs on the head post at the Tastier As Rashers Division...Yes...that would make me The Man from B.A.S.T.A.R.D !."
Gemmikins

Postby Shigy » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:30 am

yay sprkly :)
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby kawajiri » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:01 am

idk if i posted any of my tats i have in here but i will by end of joans show tonight i promise ^_^
xbox live ftw gamet tag LimblessKiro

toons for ao:kawajiri, merlee, koibitoyume, ralord and more to come :P
kawajiri

Postby Sprkly » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:28 pm

Got my unicorn tattoo this week!! I'm having kind of an ugly reaction to it at the moment... think I may be allergic to one of the ink colors. :/

So once it's healed I'll post pics. You don't want to see it as it is now. lol
Sprkly
I Am Legend

Postby Vallikat » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:33 pm

About a week after getting my tattoo I colored my hair and it didn't take. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. So I did some hunting around on the internet. I didn't actually get an answer to my question but I did find out something else that could explain what happened with you, Sprkly. I found out that some hair color brands suggest that you not color your hair in close proximity to getting a tattoo because of the increased risk to having an allergic reaction. Evidently it's just a lot of dye for your body to process. Not sure if that's it or not (and even if it is, not sure it helps other to be informational). However, it does seem like it might fit since you've colored your hair and had 2 tats in a short period of time.

Anyway, I can't wait to see it once it's all healed!!
Vallikat

Postby Sprkly » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:47 am

Turns out the reaction I was having was just my arm not liking all the trauma directly over my bicep. The swelling and stuff lasted for a few days, but it went away. I did lose a little ink from the unicorn because of using the wrong ointment the first 24 hours, and I think I may have actually been having a reaction to the purple ink at the same time... but, it's mostly healed now so I took pics! I'll be going back to my artist in a couple weeks because she always touches up my tattoos once they're healed to make sure they're perfect. :)
Attachments
100_2919.jpg
Back of my arm.
100_2920.jpg
Side of my arm.
100_2915.jpg
Front of my arm.
Sprkly
I Am Legend

Postby Vallikat » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:02 am

That looks really great!!
Vallikat

Postby Sprkly » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:18 am

Thanks! My left arm is looking really cool - I've got the unicorn and phoenix, the cuppycake and the "Sprkly" all on my left arm/hand. You kind of have to see a further away pic to appreciate how it all fits together, but I'm really digging it :)

Now to get more work done on my legs/ankles/feet. Most of my tatts are on my upper body... I need to work on the symmetry. lol
Sprkly
I Am Legend

Postby Gemmikins » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:38 pm

Wow sprkly they look awesome and cute, made my day just looking at them :)

Gemmikins

Postby Kermie » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:20 pm

Its kinda funny. I love ink. don't have any but i really love looking at the stuff everyone else has. Even though i am the black sheep of the family my sisters are the ones with the tat's. I guess they felt they needed to compete with my former haircuts and hair colors... :)
Kermie
GSP Crew

Postby Sprkly » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:39 pm

Pic of more work on my fantasy rainbow half sleeve incoming in about a week when it's not crusty and ugly anymore. ;) Added a fairy to the phoenix and unicorn arm.
Sprkly
I Am Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures & Media