Starship Trooper... Warhammer style...

A place to post pictures and share various media links.

Moderator: Station Managers

Starship Trooper... Warhammer style...

Postby Oddysee » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:12 pm

This will make NO sense to those of you who never heard about Warhammer 4oK... And it will look pointless for those of you who do know what it is, but find it silly...

Warhammer is a board game, with little miniatures, that wage war and kill stuff... Check out www.games-workshop.com for more details... It's a war game, and it's got tons of rules... All you need to be a nerd! :wink:

Anyway, this is really mostly for Muki... But if any of you lot play it, I thought I'd share just for laughs!

:twisted: Tm
Attachments
Oct16_01.JPG
My newly assembled Imperial Guard, against one of my heavilly converted Tyranid Hive Tyrants...
Who said "Let the bodies hit the floor?" ;P
Oct16_01.JPG (29.71 KiB) Viewed 16675 times
Will do naughty things for cake!
Oddysee
Unstoppable!

Postby Tacz » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:17 pm

Im a Space Mariner (so **** off, you damn Tau =D) and my army is painted with a custom Black-DarkBlue-Green paint scheme. Some of my Scout Snipers look particularly badass. Ill see if I can get a pic later.

ARMY STRENGTH:
Vindicare Assasin (the sniper one) HQ
2 Tactical squads with 20 marines each TROOPS
1 Tactical squad with 10 marines TROOPS
3 Marine Scout squads with 2 snipers, 2 shotguns, and 1 heavy bolter each TROOPS
1 Devestator Squad HEAVY WEAPONS
2 Assault Bikes FAST ATTACK
1 of those hover thingys FAST ATTACK
2 Rhinos FAST ATTACK

Beat that :twisted:
Tacz
Unstoppable!

Postby Oddysee » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:23 pm

Hehe... Untill yesterday...

Aun'O Etheral

Shas'O Crisis Suit commander
2 Shas'Ui Crisis suit bodyguards
ALL With twin linked Plasma and fusion guns
HQ

3 Crisis Suits
Mixed anti marine, anti personell weapons

2x 5 Stealth suits
Elites

3x 12 Fire warriors

2x Devil fish transports

2x 15 Kroot carnivores

3x Kroot ox
Troops

Hammer head

2x 3 Broad side heavy weapon suits
Heavy support

6 Scouts
3x 8 Gun drones
Fast attack

Yeah, sure Tacz, I'll beat ya... lol!
Nah, I found the Tau boring... So I settled for the Imperial Guard, and Tyranids, I have a soft spot for the man consuming buggs... (I cried in "Alien" when it died... Evil woman!)

Oddysee
Unstoppable!

Postby Tacz » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:35 pm

Actually, we seem pretty evenly matched. With the exclusion of most of your heavy armor. My army concentrates on long-range and fast attack. If you and me faced with standard armies, itd be a tactics match. And even if you use ALL of those, itd still really go down to tactics.
Tacz
Unstoppable!

Postby Oddysee » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:36 pm

Oh, and Tacz... I really don't think an assassin can be your general... You need another HQ choice, a commander, before that army is legal... Just so you know... How long ya been playing?
I've been at it almost 8 years now... Love it, I've used somewhere in the access of 5000£, probably a lot more, over the years... and Honestly, I don't regret any of it... (except the Tau... and an Undead Army I once had...) But still... Nothing has latsed this long...
A game costs what? 35£ and lasts a week of non stop play... TOPS!
This lasts as long as you know how to play... Ask Muki... S'been at it a LOT longer than I have... and still goin strong!

Oddysee
Unstoppable!

Postby Oddysee » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:37 pm

Tacz wrote:Actually, we seem pretty evenly matched. With the exclusion of most of your heavy armor. My army concentrates on long-range and fast attack. If you and me faced with standard armies, itd be a tactics match. And even if you use ALL of those, itd still really go down to tactics.

Hehe, usual games are 1,5oo points... There's no way in hell I'd be able to fit all that into 1,5oo points... Not by a long shot!

Oddysee
Unstoppable!

Postby Tacz » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:38 pm

Last time I checked my rulebook, the Vindicare can count as a HQ as long as you dont give him a command squad (Standard bearer, master seargent, apothecary, and techmarine).
Tacz
Unstoppable!

Postby Oddysee » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:40 pm

Yes, but he's not in your army book, your general has to be in your armies army book... he can't be an "Allie"... He takes up and additional HQ choice, but he can't lead... Sorry mate.

Oddysee
Unstoppable!

Postby Tacz » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:41 pm

Hmm, well, screw it (pulls out the standard command squad he just had sitting in his room, black primers them, and repaints them the right colors) there you go.
Tacz
Unstoppable!

Postby Oddysee » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:47 pm

Hehe, there ya go! :wink:

Oddysee
Unstoppable!

Postby Tacz » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:49 pm

Ive been meaning to get some Terminators, but I havent had the time. Have you seen those new grey knights? Those things are F*SCKING AWESOME! I was thinking of converting my current marine army to accompany some grey knights and stock up on some Imp. Guard while I'm at it.
Tacz
Unstoppable!

Postby Oddysee » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:55 pm

Hehe, they are quite cool... But I find the army itself oftenly misused by so called "beardy" people, who use the new "Deamon hunter" book as "power-up" for space marine armies... Translated to normal Rubi-Ka, this means filthy, filthy power gamers!
Yes! They exist in this game as well... As do they all games... And just as here, they can ruin the fun for everyone... And FAST! This is especially true at turnaments... So I generally don't attend those anymore... One too many bad experiences and run-in's with people who'se social skills must have been well below 5...

Oddysee
Unstoppable!

Postby Tacz » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:13 am

Interesting thing on the Starship Troopers thing:

THE MOVIE SUCKED!

YA, YOU HEARD ME! THE MOVIE SUCKED!

THEY F*SCKED UP THE WHOLE MOVIE!

THE BOOK WAS THE BEST!

IN THE BOOK, FLOREZ WAS A GUY WHO DIED IN THE PROLOGUE, FOR GODS SAKE!

IN THE MOVIE, 10 MARINES DIED FOR EVERY BUG. IN THE BOOK, 1,000 BUGS DIED FOR EVERY MARINE.

IN THE MOVIE, THEY HAD LITTLE EQUIPMENT NO BETTER THAN WHAT I'D EXPECT TO SEE TODAY. IN THE BOOK, THEY ALL HAD GIGANTIC ARMOR SUITS WITH LIKE A ZILLION GUNS.

IN THE BOOK, THERE WAS A THIRD ALIEN RACE CALLED THE "SKINNIES" WITH THESE WEIRD GOO-GUNS THAT MELTED THEIR ARMOR.

Phew, good rant off my back =D
Tacz
Unstoppable!

Postby Oddysee » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:20 am

You... Will die...
Starship Troopers is probably the ONLY movie I've never gottan tired of... And it's the one I've seen the most...
The way it's made leaves you two options when watching it...
1)
Sit back, and be entertained!
2)
Think about how the Media, and propaganda is used to make the individual human seem like a toy you throw away when tired off. It's made by the guy who made RoboCop, and I liked that (yes that... num 3 was fucked up! and num 2 was not that good either) movie because it made the wolrd seem so damn hopeless... A life was not worth the paper it took to note it's birth. The general feel that life is so worthless is so wrong to us, that we can't help but notice... And that's just waht makes the films noticable!

The Film was based on the idea... Not the story. Who want's to see a movie where everyone wears a "battlemech" suit and the enemy dies by the thousands? Where's the threat?!?
IMO the movie ROCKED, it's hilarious, funny, and unbelievably violent! And it has ton's of un-necessary nudity... What more can you ask from a movie who'se main aim is to entertain?

Last edited by Guest on Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oddysee
Unstoppable!

Postby Tacz » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:22 am

The movie alone is good, but once youve read even the first chapter of the book, you just cant stand the movie.
Tacz
Unstoppable!

Postby Tarryk » Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:21 pm

Words of often-repeated and too-cliche wisdom from Tacz, there.

Yes, Starship Troopers rocked. It was over the top in every aspect, including acting, and was created purely for the sake of shock value entertainment.

I loved it, and I still like to watch it now and again.

Warhammer 40k pwnz as well, although I only ever played it with the first edition Realms of Chaos warband rules.

Having a d1000 mutation table was what it was all about, baby. 8)
Tarryk
GSP Creator

Postby Oddysee » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:16 pm

lol! Right on!

Oddysee
Unstoppable!

Postby dfclock » Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:55 am

i play Warhamma.. its ok fun, but its expencive... i am not a nerd though.. lol but i dont have a life either if you dont consider my life with all of you guys a life.
Earth on stand by, Rubi Ka loading...
I LIKE STARS! Image
dfclock
Forum Preacher

Postby Oddysee » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:11 pm

OAR!!!
What's up with everyone's nerd-o-phobia?!?
I'm a nerd, and I'm damn straight proud of it!!! The definition of nerd is as follows: A person with an interest of greater proportion than normal within a single field...
So football fanatic's are nerds, gamers are nerds... Heck, polititians are nerds!!! But NOOO, we can't have our idols being nerds now can we, so it has to be a negative thing...

Consider this, and ask yourself agian... you still not a nerd? :wink:
If not, you don't have a hobby! plain and simple! :P

Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oddysee
Unstoppable!

Postby Tacz » Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:04 pm

Im a computer nerd and proud of it! Image
Tacz
Unstoppable!

Next

Return to Pictures & Media