Dance moves you would like to see in game

A place to post pictures and share various media links.

Moderator: Station Managers

Re: Dance moves you would like to see in game

Postby Caliana » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:46 am

I want to be able to do all the dances >.>
Anime Dance - Move your body
Caliana - 9 Swords, Rapier Division
Zellira - GSP Dancers, Leader
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Shigy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:39 am

Caliana wrote:I want to be able to do all the dances >.>
Anime Dance - Move your body

ALL THE DANCES!
Happy little AMV that one :)
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Caliana » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:13 am

Went looking for a music video for that Mindless Self Indulgence "Get It Up" song that Ash played earlier, and I found this. I want all of these moves :p

Get It up
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Mawerick » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:50 am

You take the moves, I get the girl? Yes? No? :D (@.@)
"It’s a magical world, Hobbes, ol’ buddy…Let’s go exploring!" - Calvin
Mawerick
Super GSP Fangirl

Postby Ashval » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:11 pm

Can I have the tattooed girl at the end? :D
I may be retired, but I'm GridStream for life.
Ashval
Former Station Owner & Deacon of Doom

Postby Caliana » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:02 pm

Ashval wrote:Can I have the tattooed girl at the end? :D

Fine, but I think Mawer and I are about to mud rassle over the gyrating redhead :nod:
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Jezebelle » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:12 am

You had me at Dita.

The rest is all too excessively win. Like rum flavored whipped chocolate cream cheese frosting... on Dita.

And I'm tempted to kidnap the redhead for a forum/facebook avatar, but the last time I did that, there were so many weird questions... and friend requests... and job offers.... Maybe I'll just stalk her a little if I can get Google Image Search to tell me who she is.

[edit]
Found her. Vika Konvisar. Her original routine is even better without the edits for the MSI fanmade video. Not that the dance animations we have now ever really match the music. Hers would go really well with a lot of what we dance to that's too metal for samba or macarena. On the other hand, it would rather stretch the suspension of disbelief to loop that for more than a few songs. Like, for all of Ashval's show.
[/edit]

[edit 2]
Oh, and doesn't the location look just like the London pvp arena?
[/edit]
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Caliana » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:43 pm

*drool*

I didn't think of the London Area, though it does bear a slight resemblance. I will confess that I played the video about 10 times playing "When you see it.." because I saw the "orb", and have seen to many ghost hunting shows, and fully expected to see like, a creepy ghost standing in the shadows :lol:

Totally didn't play it 20 times staring at her ass or anything >.> .... nope :stalk:
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Caliana » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:40 am

Russian girls show how twerking is done (NSFW, mostly because of the song lyrics).
Wow. I'm not sure if I really want twerking in the game, but this is some of the best twerking I've seen (though that's not saying much). I especially like the 3/4 turns :D
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Kermie » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:21 am

not sure if anyone has posted this, but i would love to see these moves in game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knqrX-f8JgA
Kermie
GSP Crew

Postby Jezebelle » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:28 am

Nice find, Cali. That's a pretty hot dance routine, even with the twerking. Might be a bit too blatantly lewd, especially that "face down ass up" part, even if it does fit perfectly with a lot of the music we dance to. I'm not in any hurry to see any twerking in game, mostly because of what I'm sure certain people would do with it. We could definitely use something with a little more booty shaking, though.

And something slow and groovy with some swaying hips, a little gyrating, maybe a bit of grinding. I don't know if I'd use those particular goth moves, Kermie, but we do need something for that tempo. Graffiti needs more hip movement, though it does work pretty well when you've got someone to fondle.

Like this or this.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Kermie » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm

i do like the tribal fusion stuff, but i think i would feel a little silly doing it.
Kermie
GSP Crew

Postby Caliana » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:38 pm

I really do hope we get some more upbeat dance moves, or a variety of them. Some of the ones people posted earlier are real good, and (in theory) wouldn't be too hard to implement into the game.
I'd definitely like to see more movement (especially hip and footwork) styled dances, especially like some of the j-pop stuff from earlier.
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Caliana » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:31 am

Woo. Found dance moves I liked, but forgot. There are quite a few i this vid I like
ATC My Heart Beats Like A Drum
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Gridfan » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:01 am

La Isla Bonita was mentioned in this thread previously but that was a cover, here is the original song/video by Madonna.

And her dance is epic (if ingame obviously).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YzW1nMB9fk

Maybe call the dance /bonita

It starts at 01:11 and goes to 01:26

(some leg extra leg work can be added here)

then continues from 01:30 to 01:40

(transition needed from standing to laying here)

then continues from 02:08 to 02:24

(transition needed from laying to standing here)

This would possibly be a nice 30 sec dance or so.
There are several exercise videos of the "dance" but they are not choreographed like in the original video and they are missing the floor part.
Gridfan
Gridstream Developer

Postby Jezebelle » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:34 am

Nice one, Griddy. We do already have salsa in TSW, but we're kinda wearing it out. More of this, please. It's also a little more likely to happen than what I came here to suggest. Just "happened" to pass by these on YouTube and had to share.

Pole dancing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0LAOCo5NJs (skip ahead to 3:12 if you don't speak Russian or don't care about the interview)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3IrAE_-q08

Oh my goddess, that looks like _so_ much fun. I just want to install one of those at home and practice until I can do that. In the meantime, it would be fun to do in-game too.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Jezebelle » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:48 pm

Portable dance pole you can set up on a beachside boardwalk or stone path or what have you, perfect for Spring Break parties. Professional film crew and anima or nanobots to hold the top in place not included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUTYVN-_FCA
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Gridfan » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:47 am

Jezebelle wrote:Portable dance pole you can set up on a beachside boardwalk or stone path or what have you, perfect for Spring Break parties. Professional film crew and anima or nanobots to hold the top in place not included.

OK! That's pretty damn acrobatic. Had to stop watching though as after a while I wanted to be on that beach.

BTW! Does your portable (that plate needs a truck and a winch, or is it filled with water?) also include "pole dancing failure" (ton of those on youtube :P )

I like the idea though, it certain will give the animator(s) something to do as it requires skill to make a "Atrox" look good doing it. :P

I can imagine it looking awesome if two people did this on two pokes/pedastals or something on two ends of a stage (with a DJ or other performer in the middle).
Something likes this might need a "item" though, maybe place it on the ground and then "use" it.
I wonder if (in the case of AO) that it might be sold (as a money sink) for in-game credits (and possibly purchaseable in a veteran terminal), or potentially for Funcom points as well?

It would also be cool if it was giftable as in... "I got a giff for you honey!" "What is it?" "Surprise, it's a portable stripper pole!" "*blank stare*" :lol:
Gridfan
Gridstream Developer

Postby Jezebelle » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:30 am

I think making it "magically" appear when you start the dance animation is more likely to actually work. FC seems to be having a little trouble syncing up your location with world objects. Yes, I'm looking at you, mister Chair. If they could somehow resolve that, so you'd be guaranteed to actually be in the correct position for all viewers, then by all means, there should be permanent poles usable in world. Or semi-permanent, as stage options in the theater. For anywhere else, there's the portable ones. And I'm sure they'd put a price tag on them at least as high as all the other new dances.

As for "pole dancing fail" emotes, there's certainly still room to hurt yourself on those things, even with both ends magically anchored. Immunity to fall damage doesn't keep you from embarassing yourself. Maybe there are several moves of varying difficulty, and if you haven't paid for "lessons", the more difficult each move is, the more likely you'll fall on your ass instead.

In AO, there's just no precedent for that kind of interactive world object or architecture, but what if it was actually a "ground vehicle" that just didn't move? You'd have to be able to use it indoors, though.

We were told aeons ago that they were "working on" a way to buy items from the AO item shop to be delivered to someone else. That never happened. (Yet?) The Valentine's Day items spawned by the "3D Printer" item shop item were all packaged, though. That's all they have to do. Sell it in a sealed package that only becomes nodrop when you open it. TSW has lots of tradable event goodies like that lately, and there were other V-Day presents purchased directly that were tradable, and they even have wrapping paper.... for 20k Pax per sheet. So that's all doable with existing mechanics, if they can just get the actual pole and dance to work in either game.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Caliana » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:30 am

League of Legends adding what is basically a Pretty Cure skin to Lux reminded me that there are dance moves from the dokidoki ending I would love.

Dokidoki precure ending 1 the hand roll and hop at 0:24 I especially want/love, but once again I have to desperately cry "all the things!"
Caliana
GSP Dancer

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures & Media