Cassandra, "Rise of the Dragons"

A place to post pictures and share various media links.

Moderator: Station Managers

Cassandra, "Rise of the Dragons"

Postby Kaiur » Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:25 pm

This whole set's for you, tV.

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImageImage

"Shikin Haramitsu Daikomyo!"
Kaiur

Re: Cassandra, "Rise of the Dragons"

Postby Tir_McDohl » Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:25 am

Kaiur wrote:Image

"Raaaaagiiiiiing..." *Geese Howard comes out of nowhere and sues the character, then jumps from the top of a building.* "...ow...force of habit."
PS: I'll find my frog.
Tir_McDohl

Oddly enough...

Postby Kaiur » Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:00 am

...the idea for Cassandra -is- based on Geese Howard.

Once upon a time, SNK had approached Playmore with the idea of fusing the Double Dragon line of games with the more popular King of Fighters series.

Cassandra was designed to be Geese Howard's sister or daughter (I can't remember which off the top of my head)
Kaiur

Postby Tir_McDohl » Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:01 am

I actually did NOT know that. I knew there was a Neo Geo DD fighting game(that stunk to high heavens, in my opinion), but this one is news to me.

Though, is she actually supposed to be related to Geese? I mean, she looks *nothing* like him...at all...in any way. Or is it an adoptive type thing? Even the style doesn't look that similar from the movements... Further, does she have the same tendency to fall off of tall buildings?

Edit: Ok, upon further inspection, I guess the ki wave during the one dragon punch ripoff looks like a later version of a reppuken, but...that's about it.
Tir_McDohl

Postby Tastyvixen » Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:54 am

Does jumping off of buildings for fun count? I do that all the time. Yes, I get very bored sometimes. *giggles* Was a blast yalming up really high and unequiping. It really blows that you can't go up that far any more . :x But anyway, thankyou again for the pictures hun. They are really cute. *huggles Kaiur*
Tastyvixen
Assistant Administrator

Heh

Postby Kaiur » Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:36 pm

Thankies, tV! She's almost as cute as you.

Tir, I believe that she may no longer be related in story to Geese.

Then again, Rock Howard doesn't look at all like Geese in my opinion, and he is the genetic son of Geese.

For those who don't know, Geese Howard took DNA samples from Terry Bogard and himself, and genetically created Rock Howard as the world's strongest fighting machine.

His intent was to create an emotionless fighting machine, but since Terry's DNA was in the mix, he failed. Rock is stronger than both Terry and Geese, but his emotions are the main hindrance.

Think Gohan from Dragonball.
Kaiur

Postby Tir_McDohl » Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:39 am

Err, whoa, where the hell did THAT come from? That makes no sense about Rock in my view...

From what I know...we're told that Rock's the son of Geese and Marie, but Geese all but abandoned them, even when Marie fell ill. Terry happened upon them, learned of Rock's lineage, and decided to adopt him, emulating what Jeff Bogard had done for him. Deciding that if Geese had been a good father, he would have taught Rock in his own style. Terry decided to teach Rock what he knew of Geese's style, as well as his own. The result is a fighter with a spirit similar to Terry, and a fighting prowess of both his genetic father, and adopted one.

I really want to know where this genetic creation idea came from...I've *never* heard anything even close to it before. No offense or anything, it's just that I've seen a LOT of info, and this is news to me.
Tir_McDohl

Hrm

Postby Kaiur » Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:40 am

A buddy of mine explained Rock to me like that. I might have misheard him, but he's a gaming guru like no other, especially for fighting games.

If you've heard more to the contrary, I'm inclined to believe it.
Kaiur

Postby Metalynx » Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:54 pm

/me's Brain begins to hurt
Drunken Bastard, Former President of Unity of the Rose, walking the Earth, like Kane.
Metalynx
Master Poster

Postby Firia » Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:54 am

*/me brain simply explodes*
Like a Punk. :mrgreen:
Firia

Postby Tir_McDohl » Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:09 pm

Your brains would be much worse off if we got into the legendary SNK Engrish they always incorporate...intentionally or not.

Goenitz, a being who is JUST this side of being considered a god in terms of sheer power, and controls the wind itself(he summoned enough wind to totally destroy a crowded stadium almost on a whim), once said "You can savings and loan on it!" To SNK's credit, though, he was promptly corrected by Athena.
Tir_McDohl

Postby Tarryk » Thu Dec 19, 2002 3:53 pm

Seeing as how I have NO CLUE what you guys are talking about, can I now refer to myself as "ex-otaku"?

I remember the days when I was talking up windstorms about the popular anime at the time. This "sounds" like the same thing, but I'm not even sure that's what you're talking about (anime or american)!

WOOHOO! I'm no longer anything close to otaku! Oh boy, I gotta go have a bowl of Grape Nuts now. That'll top off my culture for the day. :)
Tarryk
GSP Creator

Postby Tir_McDohl » Thu Dec 19, 2002 3:59 pm

Tarryk wrote:WOOHOO! I'm no longer anything close to otaku! Oh boy, I gotta go have a bowl of Grape Nuts now. That'll top off my culture for the day. :)

...Grape Nuts? Dude, you're so far from otaku now, it ain't even funny. But hey, I'm not that bad, really.

/me looks at Winamp playing the Hellsing opening theme and Kazaa downloading a bunch of Excel Saga episodes...

...okay, maybe I AM that bad. Hey, at least I haven't accidentally responded to a question in Japanese.

...well, not in the last five minutes at least.
Tir_McDohl

Postby Mummu » Thu Dec 19, 2002 4:30 pm

now what means grape nuts?
cant find it in my dictionary.
Rubi-Ka for the Neutrals! Image
-----------
Imagev1.19 (working with 15.7 now!)
Mummu
I Post, Therefore I Am

Postby Tir_McDohl » Thu Dec 19, 2002 4:32 pm

It's this.

Edit: May as well give more info, just because I can.

Grape Nuts Website wrote:POST GRAPE-NUTS, the cereal that is neither a grape nor a nut, is made from natural wheat and barley. This unique, naturally sweet cereal was created in 1897 by C.W. Post who named it GRAPE-NUTS: "Grape" because it contained maltose, which C.W. called "grape sugar" and "Nuts" because of its flavor.

For over 100 years, the cereal with the funny name and the nutty crunch has nearly twice the carbohydrates per serving of Wheaties®. And with 47 grams of carbohydrate per serving GRAPE-NUTS gives you "Energy For Living™".

The delicious goodness of GRAPE-NUTS is also available in a distinctively light, crispy flake.
Tir_McDohl

Postby Mummu » Thu Dec 19, 2002 4:39 pm

ah
k
thx
Rubi-Ka for the Neutrals! Image
-----------
Imagev1.19 (working with 15.7 now!)
Mummu
I Post, Therefore I Am

Postby Firia » Sat Dec 21, 2002 9:25 am

I used to be on the fringes of Otaku I guess. ^_^ I was heavy into Sailor Moon (varrious reasons), and I even took 3 years of japanese. Soon japanese culture molded me into a fanatic. ^_^ That is until I realised what I was becoming. Now I take it in at healthy doses and still remain blissfully unaware of what anyone ever talks about when refering to some of the lastest animes and what not. ^_^
Like a Punk. :mrgreen:
Firia

Postby Tir_McDohl » Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:25 am

Firia wrote:I used to be on the fringes of Otaku I guess. ^_^

What, with your Tohya Miho avatar and constant use of ^_^? Never woulda guessed.
Tir_McDohl

Postby Tarryk » Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:34 pm

Firia and I are pretty much on the same boat. I was huge into Ranma, BGC, Tenchi, what-have-you in those days, took a year of basic japanese in college, molded the culture into my personality...

...and then dropped it like a bad habit. I still love anime, but "blissfully unaware" of new releases and current must-sees is where I like to stay. :)
Tarryk
GSP Creator

Postby Tir_McDohl » Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:53 pm

I'm definitely a fan of anime, but not a very knowledgable one... I'm just now getting around to Trigun. Hell, I have yet to even finish Evangelion yet. But hey, I never let a thing like lack of knowledge or utter ignorance(whichever you prefer) get in my way. That's why at Otakon next year, I'll still be asking over half the cosplayers "Uh...who are you supposed to be?"

Heck, last year I recognized more game cosplayers than actual anime ones...but that just makes it all the more fun when I watch anime now, go back and see my Otakon tape, and go "Heeey, THAT's who that was!"

Oh! And I'm actually sorta in a picture from a cosplay photo I found! ...I think. At least, I know it was taken where I spent a good bit of the show, and I was the only one in a hawaiian shirt that I saw...
^See? The guy leaning on the railing behind the butt-ugly cosplayer of the guy from Nights? I think that's me...pretty sure, at least.

Edit: Actually, I just remembered...all three people in the carpool we took there wore hawaiian shirts. Though, we didn't plan to...I ALWAYS wear them(as in, that's all I ever wear, literally)...and the other two just happened to as well. But other than US, there wasn't anyone else like that...and I'm the only one whose head that could be...so it's gotta be me. ...maybe.

Edit 2(the sequel!): Upon further review, I think I can see the camcorder I had in the picture...and it makes sense, since I sat there recording cosplayers who were on the ground floor from the 2nd floor. ...so yeah, that's me. ...probably?
Tir_McDohl

Next

Return to Pictures & Media