Gaming question.

Friday (5am - 8am Eastern) with DJ Shigy

Moderator: Shigy

Gaming question.

Postby Shigy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:31 pm

Okay I know that most of you are games of some form or another on this forum.
So my question what games would you recommend when you've only got 15 minutes or less to play them in one stretch. The reason I ask this is most of the time when I sit down to game I usually have an hour or more to play them straight. Few times lately I've found myself wanting to play something but knowing I don't have a lot of time. Now the only game I've come up with is Audiosurf its loads pretty quickly and since it used songs for its levels you can just load up a few songs for however long you have.
So basically I'm looking for games that load fast and most likely have little in the way of a storyline but that you can actually get something done in 10-15 minutes.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Andyz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:52 pm

Well There's Quake 3 (online browser version) that works pretty well in the way of fast game, no story and instant murder

If your looking for offline games You could go for Max Payne 1/2. The games themselves aren't really long, quicksaves work at any time and its just in general fun if you don't follow the story line.

There's "Angry Birds" if your bored enough :P. MinceCraft can work. Project will develop slowly but if its for 15-20 minutes Im sure you can get something done slowly. Good for taking up multiple segments of time.

If you can get em to work: Quake 1/2. Doom 1/2. DukeNukem3D, Blood(same maker as Duke nukem) These are ancient but still work on XP. even vista, (never tried 7) If you want a copy I can send you quake 1 with both expansion packs that work. Each level takes between 2-10 minutes depending on you :P.

If your looking for horror, there is the Penumbra Trilogy, Very good short survival thrillers with no fighting. Very little storyline and makes you think alot.

---More may come on this post if I remember anything else hehe

--Is totally not a nerd or anything 8D--
Andyz

Postby Sprkly » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:40 pm

I think I spend as much time playing games on my cell phone as I do on my computer. Seriously. One of my faves is Pocket Legends - a free MMO for your phone. I like Moon Chaser a lot at the moment, but I usually change up the little games like that every couple of weeks so I always have something new and interesting.
Sprkly
I Am Legend

Postby Drexlore » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:23 pm

I'd say if you have a PSP, Half-Minute Hero is pretty interesting.

But it's really hard to get too much enjoyment out of such a short gaming session.

Minecraft is excellent for short sessions like that.
Drexlore

Postby Phaetonix » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:28 pm

Minecraft is the worst for that!! hahaha

it takes the "Oh just one more xyz" to new levels of absurdity. We all know MMOs are terrible for just one more item/level/kill/quest/raid/character but "One more block" is by far time's biggest bane, and the inhibitor of legitimate work everywhere! While I like minecraft and think its an awesome game, I don't think its a pickmeup game haha.

I'd suggest Audio surf, Super Meat Boy, team fortress 2(just grab a heavy and troll the other team for a round:P )Microsoft Pinball, or forum trolling
Phaetonix

Postby Andyz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Forum Trolling is a game Phatonix? I always thought it was a sport :P
Andyz

Postby Sprkly » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Andyz wrote:Forum Trolling is a game Phatonix? I always thought it was a sport :P

It's a sport as much as chess is a sport, I suppose. But then again, chess is a game too, isn't it? ;)
Sprkly
I Am Legend

Postby Andyz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Sprklygrrl wrote:
Andyz wrote:Forum Trolling is a game Phatonix? I always thought it was a sport :P

It's a sport as much as chess is a sport, I suppose. But then again, chess is a game too, isn't it? ;)

Touche'
Andyz

Postby Phaetonix » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:07 pm

well you can win and fail at forum trolling, so of course it can be a game!
Phaetonix

Postby Dasubervixen » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Solitaire
Dasubervixen

Postby Kriegshammer » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:04 pm

Some games I play between coming home from work and starting to prepare for next day's work:

Guitar Hero / Frets on Fire
Magic the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers
AO - daily mish :P
Kriegshammer
I Am Legend

Postby Ashval » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:33 pm

I have the same problem when I'm looking for something to do for a short time. I usually resort to playing a few Rock Band/GH songs. My problem is that I have so many songs that by the time I figure out what I want to play...I'm out of time. :P
Ashval
Former Station Owner & Deacon of Doom

gaming

Postby Joanwilder » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:00 pm

I play my old Sims game when I find myself bored and not wanting to log into AO.
Joanwilder
GSP Crew

Postby Dynamiks » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:12 pm

World of Tanks - One long battle (max 15 mins) or 2-3 short battles (when one team or the other fails terribly)

Every little bit of experience gets you closer to researching that next gun, module or cehicle :)
Dynamiks

Postby Sunserro » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:55 pm

Battlefield Heroes or Gunz can both be little time consuming. A single match doesn't usually last longer than 10-15 minutes.
Sunserro
Training Officer

Postby Shigy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:08 pm

Yeah my IS is coming along quite nicely Dyna :)
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Shigy
Station Owner

Return to Shigy's Odd End (AO)