GSP to support Funcom and Extra Life 2012

News and announcements from the GSP staff.

Moderator: Station Managers

GSP to support Funcom and Extra Life 2012

Postby Ashval » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:14 am

Funcom and GSP will be teaming up for Extra Life 2012 on October 20th and 21st. It'll be 24 hours of gaming, music and fun for a great cause. Funcom has chosen to donate their money to the Vidant Children's Hospital, which specializes in children's care and rehabilation.

GSP will be live starting at 9AM PDT/12PM EDT and continue with 24 hours straight of live DJ's to support the players taking part in this great event. There will be tons of prizes and maybe even a surprise interview or two!

If you'd like more information on how to help children and be a part of Extra Life 2012, more information can be found on the official TSW forums in this thread...

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showth ... ?p=1423389

DJ Schedule:

Saturday, 2012-10-20
noon - 3pm EDT: Ashval
3pm - 6pm EDT: Shadowvixen
6pm - 8pm EDT: Cherri
8pm - midnight EDT: Dynamiks

Sunday, 2012-10-21
midnight - 3am EDT: Dynamiks
3am - 6am EDT: Joaquin
6am - 9am EDT: Meenstreek
9am - noon EDT: Nopheros

Each DJ will be be running two contests during their shows: One contest for Funcom points, and another contest that puts the winner in a drawing for 1 year free TSW game time! The final contest to see who wins the 1 year game time will be run by DJ Nopheros.
I may be retired, but I'm GridStream for life.
Ashval
Former Station Owner & Deacon of Doom

Re: GSP to support Funcom and Extra Life 2012

Postby Lodestar » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:50 am

Spoke with Morteia tonight. Entire council has been occupied last two weeks. I was wondering if people have arranged a vent server or are offering one. If no one has, Ouroboros is wiling to use our vent as a host for the extra life participants, and those who wish to hang with us, and keep us company. Unless you know of one?
Lodestar
Forum Raider

Postby Ashval » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:17 am

I don't know of anything planned Lode. We're happy to take you up on that offer and spread the word during the shows if you wish. :)
Ashval

Postby Lodestar » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:56 am

Sure would appreciate it. You guys are of course welcome to swing by too.

Details on our site. http://ouroboroscommunity.enjin.com/forum

I think it is a good thing for morale and entertainment. Also people who just want to hang with us for a few hours to support, are welcome.
Lodestar
Forum Raider

Postby Kirasha » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Original post has been updated with the DJ schedule and the contest details! :)
Kirasha
Former Station Owner & Mistress of Doom

Postby Tastyvixen » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:22 am

Lodestar wrote:Sure would appreciate it. You guys are of course welcome to swing by too.

I think it is a good thing for morale and entertainment. Also people who just want to hang with us for a few hours to support, are welcome.

Maybe I overlooked it but I couldn't find the vent info on those forums. I thought maybe I needed to sign up but the signup form involves answering a lot of questions about joining the cobal. After 30 minutes of digging around those forums I'm giving up.
Tastyvixen
Assistant Administrator

Postby Ashval » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:28 am

You can try contacting Mr-March in-game if you need the info. (that's Lodestar)
Ashval

Postby Lodestar » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:22 pm

Shadowvixen wrote:
Lodestar wrote:Sure would appreciate it. You guys are of course welcome to swing by too.

Maybe I overlooked it but I couldn't find the vent info on those forums. I thought maybe I needed to sign up but the signup form involves answering a lot of questions about joining the cobal. After 30 minutes of digging around those forums I'm giving up.

And we got you on in the end. Was really nice to have you with us.

All the same, sincerest apologies for the mix up. The info was there but in a little corner, so it was not easy to see. And we had not created a thread with the details on, which we ought to have done. So not surprising you missed it, especially being up several hours. As you also point out, it needs to be cleared up that we have an application for allies which is shorter. So thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated.
Lodestar
Forum Raider

Return to News/Announcements