Good News/Bad News

News and announcements from the GSP staff.

Moderator: Station Managers

Good News/Bad News

Postby Vallikat » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:02 am

First the Good News!

As you may have read DJ Klinical has returned to our ranks and while he's not officially official yet, I can give you some advanced notice. You can look for his show, Sound Diagnosis on Tuesdays from 2:00pm to 4:00 pm in AO, starting in the next week or two. He'll be playing an eclectic mix of music from way back when to the present day, musical therapy for the ears or whatnot. Each week he plans to follow a theme. No promises or guarantees on that one, but I for one will be curious to see what he comes up with.

More good news!

Our own Iolanthe - that's DJ Lia to you - will also be flooding your earholes in the near future with truly awesome tunes. You may have heard her first training set just yesterday and although she has some other training sessions to go, she's totally rocking it so far and we're really looking forward to letting her fly on her own!

More good news!

That's right we have another new DJ. DJ WestVillager (or Momentary as some may know) is starting his training hoops and also getting ready for flight. We'll keep you posted about his training sets as soon as we can get them scheduled. He plans to focus on electronica but you can expect to hear club music, lounge music, kpop, jpop, jrock and basically whatever his heart desires.

And more good news?

Yep. Daddyles is getting close to being able to take his trial runs as well. In addition there may be yet another new DJ that may be familiar to some of you just on the horizon.

Ok, so how about some non-DJ Good News?

I've got some of that to share as well. The winter holidays are upon us and we've got parties! Anarchy Online kicks off the party on December 19 at 4:00 pm eastern time with plans to keep the party going for 4 hours. Not to be outshined though, Daydreaming and Nicksa will pick up the party in TSW to keep the celebrations happening for another 6 hours. That's 10 hours of holiday goodness! Plans are still in the works, but I can assure you there will be contests, prizes, and giveaways!

So yeah, that's a lot of good news.

Anyway, as always, thanks for - What's that? I forgot the Bad News? Yeah, I guess I did. So, the bad news. You can find that here.

I know that's a bit of a bummer to say the least, but I hope we can all understand why this decision was made and be the awesome and supportive fans that I know you always have been.

I'm sorry to end on a down note, so how about I present some good news. We have one more event coming that I forgot to mention! January 6 is DJ Daydreaming's Birthday! That's right! We're having a birthday celebration for her at 8:00 pm EST in the Crusades. DJ Nicksa will be your host for what is sure to be one fabulous party. I have it on good authority that Daydreaming likes presents. Just saying. *grin*

I think that truly is all the news this time.

As always, thanks for listening!
Vallikat
Station Manager & Events Lead

Return to News/Announcements