So Much News, So Little Time

News and announcements from the GSP staff.

Moderator: Station Managers

So Much News, So Little Time

Postby Vallikat » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:18 am

It's been awhile since we've done a proper news post and boy do we have a lot to talk about!

There's one thing on our news post that has been mentioned any number of times, usually at the end of the post, but this time I'm moving it straight to the top and that is the AO Community Relations Lead role that we've been looking to fill for quite some time now. Guess what though? We did it!!! We found someone foolish enough...er...I mean clever and creative enough to want to take on this role! Please join me in congratulating DJ Krayl! Don't worry you will still get your weekly dose of Digital Obsessions. However in addition to his DJ duties he's going to be helping us out with kicking things up with and for the AO Community. We're so excited and really can't wait to see what tricks he has up his sleeve! Grats, Krayl!

One thing I want to mention while I'm on the topic of DJ's. This is just a quick reminder that Nicksa is taking a little break from the Grindhouse while she takes care of some things in RL. However, we're still very committed to bringing you liveness as much as we possibly can. DJ Daydreaming will be filling in as much as she can but we'll keep you posted with any other coverage.

Also! Events!!

The Cabal Pride Variety Show is coming to you live this Saturday, September 12 at 3:00 PM EDT. Nine Swords will be your hosts and DJ Trevalin will be spinning the tunes at the Ealdwic Park Stage. Several Cabals will be there and you can show off your crazy, cool, and funky talents as you look for the Cabal that's just right for you. Don't worry, the Cabals will also be doing some showing off. After all it helps to join a Cabal where you know everyone is on the same wacky page as you are!

Speaking of wacky...Ok, pirates aren't really wacky I guess, but if you guys could hear my pirate impression you might think that I am! If you're going to practice your pirate impression, this is the time of year for it. Talk Like a Pirate Day is Saturday, September 19 and Gridstream Productions is partying in true pirate fashion. We're kicking things off in Anarchy Online with DJ's Gemmikins and Joanwilder. They'll be getting started at 5:00 pm EDT at the ICC Hub. Not to worry though TSW fans. DJ Daydreaming takes over at 8:00 pm EDT from TSW. In case you're wondering if you've read that right, you have. Not just 1, not just 2, but 3 Lovely Ladies of Gridstream will be spinning the pirate numbers for you. That's what we call a party!

So what happens after Pirate Day? Well considering it's a GSP Party and it falls on a weekend and it's bound to be epic, that probably means spending a day nursing a hangover. But what happens after that??? Well in this part of the world at least, the weather starts to turn a bit cooler as autumn arrives. If autumn is here, that means pumpkin-flavored everything. It also means the arrival of Uncle Pumpkinhead, Spooky Stories, Halloween Leets, and Jack O'Lantern. We don't know yet what goodies Funcom may have in store for us, but we can promise that there will be spooky themed events in both AO and TSW. We'll keep you posted via these forums, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

Oh wait...you didn't know that GSP had an Instagram? Well let me be the first to tell you then. You can find us on https://instagram.com/gridstream/. We'll be posting event posters here as well as screenshots from our shows. Check it out!!

I also have a couple of other reminders for you guys:

Saints and Sinners Club is hosting an Art Competition. This competition started on September 1 and is running the whole month of September. You can submit your entries (or to get more info) via twitter to @SnSTSW or on http://saintsandsinnersclub.tumblr.com/ or on TSW-RP.com under the Events section. This contest promises a ton of great prizes so don't be shy, you might as well try!

Also, we know it's not even pumpkin time yet, but for some of us it is time to start thinking about Christmas. Jezebelle, Leader of the GSP Dancers, has posted her annual Christmas Brainstorming Thread. This is where you can make your suggestions for Funcom to create for Christmas this year. Submissions are open for both TSW and AO. You can find the details and make your suggestions here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27636

*WHEW*

Ok I think that's quite enough news for now! If you're still with me, thanks for reading this far and as always, thanks for listening!!
Vallikat
Station Manager & Events Lead

Re: So Much News, So Little Time

Postby Kriegshammer » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:57 am

W00t! So much awesomeness! \m/
Congrats again, Krayl!
Kriegshammer
I Am Legend

Postby Shigy » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:47 am

So much news. You'd need a deep breath after reading all that ;)
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Joanwilder » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:57 pm

h000t!!! \m/
Joanwilder
GSP Crew

Return to News/Announcements