More is Better!

News and announcements from the GSP staff.

Moderator: Station Managers

More is Better!

Postby Ashval » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:25 am

Greetings listeners!

So, remember that upgrade to 96kb/MP3 we tried? Yeah...that didn't work out so well. It turns out that AAC+ kicks the heck out of MP3 for audio quality. And, we like to sound good. So, the good news is that our stream upgrade to 96kb AAC+ has us sounding as good as ever. The bad news? That means the webplayer still won't play nice with some browsers (hi Firefox!). Hopefully that is something that developers will eventually figure out. Until then, there's always our super easy GridStream Player to use. :)

Continuing with the theme of "more is better" we have some news on the station management front. Frankly, it's become too much for any one person to handle this much awesome....I mean, uh...work! So, GSP is moving to a new business model consisting of a team of Station Managers.

This six-pack of superstars consists of...

Shigy
Kriegshammer
Gemmikins
Vallikat
Nicksa
Daydreaming

As the station owner, I'm extremely excited about handing the keys to this fantastic group of people. If you have a question about anything GSP-related, just reach out to any of our station managers and they can help you out.

You can expect to see some pretty amazing things in the near future as we continue to strive to be as kickass a station as possible for the communities of AO and TSW.

As always, thanks for your support! :)

- Ashval
I may be retired, but I'm GridStream for life.
Ashval
Former Station Owner & Deacon of Doom

Re: More is Better!

Postby Gridfan » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:13 pm

I just filed a bugreport with Mozilla (Firefox) and Opera. If either browser does not support AAC+ shoutcast streams in the future... well... at least I tried.
Hopefully Firefox and Opera will support the AAC+ stream in the future (may take a few months though due to their development cycles and priorities).
Gridfan
Gridstream Developer

Return to News/Announcements