GSP: An Old(er) Dog with a Few New Tricks

News and announcements from the GSP staff.

Moderator: Station Managers

GSP: An Old(er) Dog with a Few New Tricks

Postby Vallikat » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:15 am

Things are changing here at GSP and for once I'm not talking about structure changes.

As you've no doubt heard by now DJ Trevalin will be taking to the air this coming Thursday, May 1 with his new show Eye of the Storm at 5pm Eastern. This first show is but a tease of what is to come. The new guy is really anxious to share the harder edge of rock and the softer side of metal with you fine folks so he's decided to do a weekly show. That's right he hasn't even gotten the first one under his belt and he's already hooked. He'll be starting his weekly show on Wednesday May 21 at 8 pm eastern.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm really looking forward to it. Trev has already made loads of friends out there in the Twitterverse and in Ealdwic and so I have very high hopes for what kind of "new tricks" he has in store for us.

We also have a couple other changes already starting to happen. DJ Tastyvixen needs to take a much earned break from her regular weekly slot. But don't worry, you'll still hear her sexiness and fun musical choices on the air. She'll be sure to surprise you with a ninja whenever she can. I don't know about you guys but that voice can surprise me any time!

That won't leave Sundays without liveness though. DJ Kermie has graciously agreed to move Kermie's Krazy Korner into the Sunday evenings at 10pm eastern. I think that's a great way to end the weekend and prepare for Monday.

We've also got some events on the horizon.

The first is Cinco de Mayo! That event is coming up on ...well Cinco de Mayo (har har). That's the 5th of May for those that don't know. We're still working through a few last minute details on this one. However you can bet we'll have plenty of music for you to samba to!

Then on Saturday May 10th we're hosting a recruitment event. That's right GSP needs you! Have you thought of DJing, know someone who you think might fit the bill, or wish to support GSP in a community support role? Well this is the event for you. The event starts at 1pm eastern. We'll be sure to have DJ's and crew available in both AO and TSW to answer your questions and pass out applications.

And finally (I saved the best for last!) GSP is turning Twelve and we're inviting all of you to join in the celebration!! Of course it wouldn't be a GSP Anniversary Event if it didn't take place over multiple days. This year our anniversary event this year will be on May 24 and May 25 switching between both games. The times and DJ's will be worked out soon. Keep checking back for more info!

Wow, Ok I think that's quite enough for one update. Let's see if I got it all: Eye of the Storm premieres this Thursday, May 1; Kermie is moving to Sundays, Tasty is becoming a ninja; Cinco de Mayo; Recruiting on May 10; and GSP turns their dial up to 12! Yep, that's everything. We hope to see you guys a lot in the month of May. :)

As always, thanks for listening. You guys rock!
Vallikat
Station Manager & Events Lead

Return to News/Announcements