It's Shigy time! (AKA: the Aussies are taking over?!?)

News and announcements from the GSP staff.

Moderator: Station Managers

It's Shigy time! (AKA: the Aussies are taking over?!?)

Postby Ashval » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:27 pm

The leadership torch has only been held by a few in GridStream's history, and the time has come to pass the torch once again as DJ Kriegshammer will be handing over the AO directorship duties to DJ Shigy!

Ham has done a fantastic job during his tenure, which included leading the AO staff through the chaos of the station merger. Unfortunately, his RL situation has changed and his free time has become more limited. While we take a moment to salute Ham for his fantastic work as Director, we are also very grateful that he will be staying with us a kickass DJ and Board Member in AO.

With this change, we're extremely excited to give Shigy the opportunity to step up as Director in AO. He has been one of our most dedicated members for years, and he's a respected leader amongst our staff. Gemmikins will also receive a much-deserved promotion to Assistant Director in AO as part of this change in leadership. The two of them have worked incredibly well together over the past several months to keep things running smoothly. Congrats to both on their new positions!

Apparently, this is also the time when the Aussies are taking over GSP as we're VERY proud to announce that DJ Dynamiks is returning to the GridStream! The Thundah from Down Undah will be bringing Club Troppo to both TSW and AO, but you'll have to keep an eye on the forums for the next show time! Welcome back Dyna!

What a month we've had, huh??!! After that bit of big news, let's recap what's been a busy time for GSP. We started in Anarchy Online with the Carnival of Madness, kept the party going in The Secret World with the Spooky Halloween event and carried it on for both games with Extra Life. So many credits and Funcom Points and clothing codes and even real life prizes were given away. When you're one of the people who had to keep track of all that, believe me it is enough to make your head spin. However, it was definitely worth the effort. We had a blast doing these events. We really can't thank you all enough for being so completely amazing. Our community keeps us doing what we do, so really, thank you all from the bottom of our hearts!

The screenshot contest was a big hit and we want to send a huge thank you to Iolanthe for coordinating it all. Everyone submitted such fabulous screenshots that it was hard for us to decide. However, someone had to win and so in the end a big congratulations goes out to our winners: Kaitou, Terron, Dui and TheBlackHammer!

After all this excitement, you may be wondering what is next for Gridstream Productions. Well don't worry, we are not resting on our laurels. The holidays are coming and we're sure to have our usual array of holiday parties for both games. Details are coming soon!

Finally, don't forget that after the holidays are over our very own DJ Ashval will be attempting to best the GSP DJ marathon record of 51 hours. He'll be making his attempt from The Secret World's Crusades nightclub in London starting on January 17th and extending into the weekend. We hope all of you will come out and support him in his effort.

As always, thanks for listening!
I may be retired, but I'm GridStream for life.
Ashval
Former Station Owner & Deacon of Doom

Re: It's Shigy time!

Postby Kriegshammer » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:50 pm

Congratulations Shigy and Gemmi! You really deserve these positions as you've been a great help to me while I was Director. I'm glad I had the chance to do this job, I had a great time! Thanks for the support, everyone!
Kriegshammer
I Am Legend

Postby Azuca » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:51 pm

Congratz Shigy!
Make me proud!! 8) 8) lol
Azuca
Forum Preacher

Postby Dasch » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:54 pm

Gratz shigy :)
Dasch

Postby Exataxes » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:10 pm

Congrats Shigy! :D
Exataxes
Forum Raider

Re: It's Shigy time! (AKA: the Aussies are taking over?!?)

Postby Ashval » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:11 pm

Updated the original post with yet another sign the Aussies are taking over. (Doh! I forgot to include the Dyna return announcement!) :D
I may be retired, but I'm GridStream for life.
Ashval
Former Station Owner & Deacon of Doom

Re: It's Shigy time! (AKA: the Aussies are taking over?!?)

Postby Vexzin » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:18 pm

Shig-a-liggy boom bing bomb

Have I told you lately that I love you?

http://marklovefurniture.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/love-bombing-L-NLd3rG.jpeg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vex/Mox
Vexzin
GSP Dancer

Return to News/Announcements