A GridStream Evolution...

News and announcements from the GSP staff.

Moderator: Station Managers

A GridStream Evolution...

Postby Ashval » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:16 pm

GridStream Productions has certainly experienced its fair share of change over the past few months, but we're not done just yet. In fact, we're now ready to unveil some truly epic news.

We're going to merge stations.

That's right, as of July 20th there will be only one GridStream Productions...supporting both Anarchy Online and The Secret World!

This is a decision that I've been weighing ever since I took over ownership of both stations. It's become clear that the current format has been causing some loyal listeners to feel divided between the two stations, as they enjoy many of the shows that both stations offer. Frankly, we're at a point where merging makes a ton of sense. Going to one stream will mean less time for the playlist and more focus on live shows. We'll still be fully supportive of both the AO and TSW communities. I want to make that very clear. We'll just be supporting the two communities on one stream. Think of us as being one GridStream community.

Believe me when I say that this decision was not made lightly. Management from both the AO and TSW stations came together and discussed this at length, and we all felt this was the right move for GSP going forward. Our leadership structure will not change, as I have the utmost confidence in our current management group. Kriegshammer will continue to be the Director over AO activities with Shigy as his Assistant and Gemmi as a Board Member. Vallikat will continue to be Director over TSW activities with Shadowvixen as her Assistant. In time, another Board Member may be added to assist on the TSW side. Kirasha and I will continue to be active owners in an advisory role (and I'll, of course, continue to DJ).

So, in summary...here is what GSP will look like after July 20th...

** One station supporting both games
** One central playlist advertising and promoting both communities
** One Facebook/Twitter account that is just "GridStream Productions"
** One website with forum sections for each community's shows
** Leadership structure/show schedules very similar to what you're used to now
** ARK/Funcom events will continue to get priority over regular shows/other events

There are some other perks that will be a part of this merger. Our new website will include some enhancements that we think the listeners (and our DJ's) will love! Also, Gridfan plans to launch a new version of the GridStream player to coincide with with the new station format. As promised, this new version will make the tune-in process much simpler for fans of the player!

So, what happens next? The first thing you will soon notice is an update to our forum structure, as we'll be merging them ahead of time so we can start getting both stations settled into their new home together. (If only we could record a GSP reality show with us all moving in together!)

The rest of the changes will come on July 20th so long as we don't hit any obstacles we can't overcome.

If you have any comments or questions about the merger, please don't hesitate to post on our forums or send me a private message. I truly believe this move will help us to become a better station for you, our listeners. As always, thank you for all of your support. We remain committed to providing the very best entertainment possible for all of our listeners in Anarchy Online, The Secret World and beyond.

Much love and respect,

Ash
I may be retired, but I'm GridStream for life.
Ashval
Former Station Owner & Deacon of Doom

Re: A GridStream Evolution...

Postby Caliana » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:06 pm

*clears throat*

Caliana - 9 Swords, Rapier Division
Zellira - GSP Dancers, Leader
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Jezebelle » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:34 pm

What she said.

Oh, and...
Ashval wrote:(If only we could record a GSP reality show with us all moving in together!)

Sounds fun! But wouldn't that be on the expensive channels, late at night? And /still/ heavily edited?
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Ashval » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:38 pm

Jezebelle wrote:What she said.

Oh, and...
Ashval wrote:(If only we could record a GSP reality show with us all moving in together!)

Sounds fun! But wouldn't that be on the expensive channels, late at night? And /still/ heavily edited?

Yes. :D
Ashval

Postby Vallikat » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:47 pm

Jezebelle wrote:What she said.

Oh, and...

We'd probably have to have VIP level access to see the unedited material. :)
Vallikat
Station Manager & Events Lead

Postby Lykeios » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:57 pm

Thought we had our own show but it got pulled... ya know after 'test screening incident'
Attachments
face_melt.gif
face_melt.gif (216.47 KiB) Viewed 19160 times
Lykeios
RL = Off

Postby Dasch » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:11 pm

Lykeios wrote:Thought we had our own show but it got pulled... ya know after 'test screening incident'

Ash and Ham back to back is bad for your health - too much face-melting metal
Dasch

Postby Shigy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:37 am

GSP all in one place long term in the real world. I'd put my money on a pregnancy or murder with a week :D
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Capriole » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:31 pm

This is potentially amusing news! I look forward to a long forgotten glimpse back into AO via GSP. By the way, which faction does GSP lean toward in AO? My heart tells me neutral, but my heart has been known to lie to me. :crazy:

Hrmm.. one post eh? I've posted before, but the forums are now gone. I guess my prior existence never happened.
I live in a place where the nuts hunt the squirrels...
Capriole
F0rum n00b

Postby Caliana » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:25 am

Capriole wrote:This is potentially amusing news! I look forward to a long forgotten glimpse back into AO via GSP. By the way, which faction does GSP lean toward in AO? My heart tells me neutral, but my heart has been known to lie to me. :crazy:

Hrmm.. one post eh? I've posted before, but the forums are now gone. I guess my prior existence never happened.

I want to say Neutral. Then again, I haven't remember to log in to AO in a Loooongggg time :crazy:
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Shigy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:50 am

We are neutral in AO. However due to nobody being able to switch to neutral we are technically clan.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Caliana » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:38 pm

>.> what happened to the color scheme?
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Ashval » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:39 pm

Caliana wrote:>.> what happened to the color scheme?

It changed. :p
Ashval

Postby Shigy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:40 pm

It changed.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Caliana » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:41 pm

Ashval wrote:

It changed. :p

Shigy wrote:It changed.

:roll:
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Ashval » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Just in case it wasn't clear, things are only half-done so far. This forum merger is a big project. The color scheme is updated to reflect what our new website will look like (and better matches our logo colors...also I hate orange). The smilies imported from the old forums and will be updated to use the ones that look better on a dark background. Also, the AO forums will be organized to blend in with the main structure soon. Xtrophic had to pause to get some much-needed rest. Things will look better soon. :)
Ashval

Postby Caliana » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:53 pm

Okay. So... Work In Progress. Check. I thought you got drunk last night and decided to redecorate.. or someone forgot to pay the color scheme bill or something
:crazy:
:D
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Cherri » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Caliana wrote:Okay. So... Work In Progress. Check. I thought you got drunk last night and decided to redecorate.. or someone forgot to pay the color scheme bill or something

This happened:
Cherri

Postby Caliana » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Cherri wrote:
Caliana wrote:Okay. So... Work In Progress. Check. I thought you got drunk last night and decided to redecorate.. or someone forgot to pay the color scheme bill or something

This happened:

:lol:
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Talidro » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:40 pm

Are there plans to put the tracker on the forum page? I tend to rarely visit the home page (of either site, before the merge), and I find myself missing it.
Talidro
GSP Dancer

Next

Return to News/Announcements