A GridStream Evolution...

News and announcements from the GSP staff.

Moderator: Station Managers

Re: A GridStream Evolution...

Postby Ashval » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:10 pm

Talidro wrote:Are there plans to put the tracker on the forum page? I tend to rarely visit the home page (of either site, before the merge), and I find myself missing it.

If by tracker you mean the stream title, then I believe that is in X's plans but probably not immediate with all of the other things on his plate. I'll make a note to make sure that stays on the agenda though. I liked having that also.
I may be retired, but I'm GridStream for life.
Ashval
Former Station Owner & Deacon of Doom

Postby Talidro » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Yea, the stream title, song/artist info balloon. I figured it was lower in priority than some stuff, but it certainly is handy.
Talidro
GSP Dancer

Postby Talidro » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Another low priority, convenience thing. The old gsp-ao main page allowed us to sign in, and set a timezone, which made the calendar easy to read in your respective timezone. I noticed that while on the calendar page you can set your timezone to view it at, but the "upcoming events" widget on the main page still displayed UTC after i set the calendar to PDT. Is it going to be possible in the future to have that display in a set timezone as well?

Also, another low priority (probably lowest priority), but the longest DJ sessions show only the TSW times. Would it be possible to combine them, albeit with game specific markings so the listeners know with game it took place in?

I think that is all I've found atm.
Talidro
GSP Dancer

Postby Ashval » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:32 pm

Talidro wrote:Another low priority, convenience thing. The old gsp-ao main page allowed us to sign in, and set a timezone, which made the calendar easy to read in your respective timezone. I noticed that while on the calendar page you can set your timezone to view it at, but the "upcoming events" widget on the main page still displayed UTC after i set the calendar to PDT. Is it going to be possible in the future to have that display in a set timezone as well?

I believe X is going to have to answer that and he's on vacation for awhile. I'll PM him to get back to you on this though.

Talidro wrote:Also, another low priority (probably lowest priority), but the longest DJ sessions show only the TSW times. Would it be possible to combine them, albeit with game specific markings so the listeners know with game it took place in?

Already on our To-Do list. :) (And I've asked to be recognized as Ashval in the new list)
I may be retired, but I'm GridStream for life.
Ashval
Former Station Owner & Deacon of Doom

Postby Talidro » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:35 pm

For some reason I figured you'd already swapped to the Ashval name when you did the 50hours. New people wouldn't know you as Veld like us old timers, so flipping names there too makes sense.
Talidro
GSP Dancer

Postby Xtrophic » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:53 am

Talidro wrote:Another low priority, convenience thing. The old gsp-ao main page allowed us to sign in, and set a timezone, which made the calendar easy to read in your respective timezone. I noticed that while on the calendar page you can set your timezone to view it at, but the "upcoming events" widget on the main page still displayed UTC after i set the calendar to PDT. Is it going to be possible in the future to have that display in a set timezone as well?

Since it does show in how many hours it starts regardless of timezone it's easy to determine when it actually starts in your respective timezone. So at this time it is at the lowest end of the priority list.
Xtrophic
Site Admin

Postby Stefano » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:50 am

I am loving all of this!

Good work everyone!
Stefano

Postby Vallikat » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Stefano wrote:I am loving all of this!

Good work everyone!

I heard that in Hank Hill's voice.
Vallikat
Station Manager & Events Lead

Postby Stefano » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Vallikat wrote:
Stefano wrote:I am loving all of this!

Good work everyone!

I heard that in Hank Hill's voice.

Dangit Valli
Stefano

Postby Talidro » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:20 am

Nah, wasn't enough propane promoting.
Talidro
GSP Dancer

Postby Stefano » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:40 am

Talidro wrote:Nah, wasn't enough propane promoting.

lol I am derailing this news too much
Stefano

Previous

Return to News/Announcements