GSP Player, WinAMP, ITunes.. Any of these play nice with MSN?

A Public Forum for discussions about the GSP Dancers in both AO and TSW.

Moderator: GSP Dancers Moderators

GSP Player, WinAMP, ITunes.. Any of these play nice with MSN?

Postby Cariadast » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:14 am

Trying to get my MSN to announce Im listening to GSP but it seems that GSP Player and MSN dont play nice. Anyone know if another player will play GSP AND announce "What Im Listening To"... in MSN Messenger..or is a waste of time?
Cariadast

Postby Sunserro » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:25 am

I've gotten it to work with winamp, but I can't remember if it needs any extra plugins or not. Give it a shot, at least it'll get you in the right direction.
Sunserro
Training Officer

Postby Phaetonix » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:24 am

I always listened to GSP from winamp, and used whatever patch to get MSN to read song info from winamp :S
Phaetonix

Postby Gridfan » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:58 pm

Windows Media Player has a "Windows Live Messenger Music Plug-in", but on Windows 7 it seems that Media Player 12 which is bundled does not have the plugin. (If you have Windows 7 then you can tune in to the stream without any issues or need of plugins AFAIK).

As to Winamp, I think it might simply be either A. looking at window titles, or B. some other way. or C. I got no clue.
I have no intention of making GridStream Player pretend to be Winamp (fake window title and who knows what else) that could lead to conflict or even crashes of other programs that expect a certain behavior.

Sadly there is no standard for this particular feature, so I can not really add "support" for anything either...
Gridfan
Gridstream Developer

Return to GSP Dancers