What do you think about the new emotes?

A Public Forum for discussions about the GSP Dancers in both AO and TSW.

Moderator: GSP Dancers Moderators

What do you think about the new emotes?

Postby Schu » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:35 am

I was very sad to find out tonight when I log into AO, and went to try and dance. I try to do some of my combos I made up over the years, and I couldn't do them. I was very sad, now matter what I try I couldn't make new dances, cause it would cancel. What do you all think about this?
Schu

Postby Vallikat » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:43 pm

Ok, I'm rather alarmed by this and I can't log on right now to test it. I've only tried to dance one time since the patch and I was having so much technical trouble at that time that I have no clue if my script was working or not.

Anyone else have any insight as to this problem??

Thanks for the info Schuy. Hopefully we get to the bottom of it soon.
Vallikat
Station Manager & Events Lead

Postby Nympholeet » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:40 pm

My scripts seem to be working fine. Have to pay attention the next time I use them but I didnt notice any major problems.
Nympholeet
Post Farmer

Postby Vallikat » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:49 pm

The combos I've made work fine and also some that I tested last night at random worked fine. However, my understanding is that a few other people have reported this same issue. Can anyone give an example of a combo that is not working as it had in the past?
Vallikat
Station Manager & Events Lead

Postby Meenstreek » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:45 pm

I've noticed that when you start a dance script, moving around doesn't cancel out the current move. So you can walk around in circles and jump and down and still be able to dance without missing a beat heh. But my scripts have been work fine :).
Meenstreek
Unstoppable!

Postby Boinky » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:49 pm

I didn't let the whole script run but heard something and tested some of my dance script yesterday and didn't notice anything looking odd so maybe it's some combinations not in that script.
Boinky
Unstoppable!

Postby Innari » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:14 pm

If you want to post your dance script here, maybe we can see what might be causing it to have an issue.
Innari
Forum Deity

Postby Sporkleet » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:00 pm

didnt really notice anything as a problem but... i do think that there is more range of motion in some of the moves... basically a little more bob and weave going on... perhaps thats causeing a few cancelations in fluid movement?
The secret is that there is no spoon... that there is no fork... there is only the spork.
Sporkleet

Return to GSP Dancers