Christmas 2021 Brainstorming

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

Christmas 2021 Brainstorming

Postby Jezebelle » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:04 am

*two weeks for ideas extended to two, writing reduced to one week, because two weeks got less than 50 ideas, and they didn't look to need much research*

Speaking of time dilation, there are already Halloween candies and decorations in the store! You know what that means, right? No? I was the only one talking about seasonal display time dilation? Well, catch up, then! It means it's time to start collecting Christmas ideas! Yeah, I know, if it's too early for Halloween shopping, it's way too early to think about Christmas, but if we wait any longer, I'll end up trying to write the Christmas list while SWL's Samhain event is going on.

So as usual, I'm going to be collecting ideas for both SWL and AO, at parties and in forums. I'll post on social media, too, but there's rarely any response there. We'll probably get a few little things in AO, maybe an agent or something in SWL. I'm not expecting a whole lot after AO's big 20th anniversary, while they're focused on that Next New Game. SWL could finally get The Christmas Conspiracy back. That's not new design or art, just fixing it up for SWL. But if you have a good idea for something bigger, they can always save it for later if they don't have time now.

There is no contest involved, and I'm not even keeping track of which idea is whose, because the best ones tend to be collaborations anyway. That's why I prefer collecting ideas at shows. Batting them around a bit and adding details and inspiring each other for more ideas is what brainstorming is about. Of course, sometimes ideas come up at inconvenient times, and if you think of something between shows and just want to get it written down before you forget, you can post it here in this thread or send it to me in a PM, or on the FC forums. You can try Facebook if you prefer, but I don't really trust them to get the message through lately. Even GSP's Discord should work if you tag @Jezebelle to remind me to log in there.

The rules:

1) Don't infringe anyone else's Intellectual Property. There are Fair Use exceptions for parody and such, and oblique references are fine, but a direct copy of someone else's IP isn't going to happen. Grey areas are not worth the trouble of getting lawyers involved.

2) Items should be social in nature rather than providing a gameplay advantage. Minor conveniences and average gear, on par with the items we've had in previous years, are fine because that still comes out to a cosmetic difference from what's normally available.

3) Keep it within the game's rating and rules. Clothing can be pretty skimpy, like the various bikinis we already have, but remember, only monsters go to "clothing optional" beaches. Ingesting drugs or alcohol, including tobacco, is similarly prohibited. I don't recall anyone suggesting anything patently offensive in the past, but if even suggesting it would be against he EULA, it's probably not very Christmassy anyway. Then again... Krampus. So, you know. "Christmassy" is relative. We can leave the grey areas in on that one and let FC make the call.

4) New ideas are preferred. If you want to go back to last year's thread and copy one or two favorites, because they're still your favorite ideas, go ahead. I'll probably be doing that myself toward the end. Don't just paste the whole thread here, though. Similarly, please look over this thread before you add to it, to make sure someone else hasn't already said the same thing. (Just write your idea down first so you don't get distracted by all the shinies and forget yours.) If there's already something similar, adding some details and/or options to it is always good.

5) Contributing ideas to this list is understood to be freely, anonymously, contributing unsolicited ideas for FunCom to use or not, in whole or in part, as they see fit. Even if they end up using your original creation verbatim, by submitting your idea here, you're suggesting they do so and giving them the requisite rights to use your idea. It's kind of the whole point here. If you would prefer to sign your name to your idea and send it in yourself, you can just go to FunCom's forums or feedback form and do that.

Here are the lists from previous years, in case you want to copy some old favorites or browse for some inspiration for new ideas:

Christmas 2020
Christmas 2019
Christmas 2018
Christmas 2017
Christmas 2016
Christmas 2015
Christmas 2014
Christmas 2013
Christmas 2012 (thread is M.I.A.?)
Christmas 2011
Christmas 2010

The timeline:

Aug. 28 - Sep. 1219 - (twothree weeks -extended from two- and an extra weekend) I'll be collecting Christmas ideas at all the GSP shows I can get to and posting them in this thread. I'll collect any ideas sent to me or posted on forums to also discuss at the shows.

Sep. 1320 - Sep. 2027 - (one week) GSP DJs, Staff, and Dancers vote on their favorite ideas, just to choose the order I'll list them in and decide which I'll spend a little more time detailing.

Sep. 2128 - Oct. 4 - (twoone weeks) I'll write up the top 20 ideas in a big, detailed suggestion list with links to reference art, attach the remainder as additional brainstorming, and mail it to FunCom with a link back to this thread, in case they want to see any additional discussion we have about it here. This gives me some leeway to take the two weeks here if we have a lot of ideas that need research, or take an extra week collecting ideas and only one week here if necessary to get enough ideas.

Oct. 12 - Oct. 19 - SWL's Samhain event will probably start the second week of October, then AO Halloween a week or so later. Probably. So I should have this Christmas list all posted and submitted before the spooky festivities start.

mid-October through mid-December - FC will likely be planning the event roughly two months ahead to have time to plan, design, create, implement, test, and debug any new items and events. While we're enjoying Halloween is likely when they'll start working on Christmas. Or at least, that would be roughly the time frame for squeezing in a few goodies on lunch breaks before diving back into the sands of Arrakis.

Dec 14-15 - SWL's Christmas event will have daily logins, of course, probably about 25 of them, and will end about a week into January, so that means starting around the middle of December, and then AO Christmas will probably start shortly after, maybe the next day.
Last edited by Jezebelle on Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Re: Christmas 2021 Brainstorming

Postby Jezebelle » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:16 am

1 (AO) colored snowblowers

2 (AO) Christmas beach towels for summer planets and Australia

3 (both) strapless bandeau-style wreath bikini

4 (AO) miniature Christmas trees, as decorations and/or lanterns

5 (both) gingerbread costume, like a brown jogging suit with white piping and maybe a few sprinkles

6 (both) sheer red babydoll nightie with a maribu neckline for opaque bits and white lace panties

7 (both) leets in Naughty List boxers

8 (AO) ridable giant leet mounts, and sabertooths, silvertails, rafters….

9 (AO) return of the Snowball v2.1 (the social one)

10 (AO) mini Yutto pet, snow white or possibly with a Santa robe

11 (AO) miniature gofle/beit pets with fawn spots

12 (both) Dancing Santa Claus that explodes into a snow shower after dancing

13 (both) green version of zebra print outfit, and red, too.

14 (both) pants that actually go with the Christmas sweaters
(AO) maybe something in the same red, with a mostletoe and holly belt, white stripes down the sides, and holly on the back pockets
(TSW) grey brown slacks or jeans with some dark red stitching and some holly on the back pocket

15 (AO) red pumps

16 (AO) stuffed toy elf backpack, perhaps sitting on a wrapped gift like the classic “elf on a shelf”

17 (AO) teddy bear backpack, whole and cute, not torn up and creepy like the Terrifying Plush undead teddy

18 (both) Christmas wrapping paper tuxedo

19 (AO) giftwrapped hoverbike, still in the wrapping paper and ribbons

20 (AO) hastily assembled hoverbike made of custom parts in Christmas Gifts snapped together without even unwrapping them, so it’s just a bunch of gift-wrapped boxes stuck together with controls sticking out and thrusters exposed where they burned through the boxes. Not especially aerodynamic.

21 (both) tiny mouse-sized leet stirring a mug of cocoa, just like the mouse in The Night Before Christmas wasn’t

22 (SWL) The Christmas Conspiracy

23 (AO) Elfleets making Critsmiss
- a shoulder/util Elfleet charm that increases your resistance to critical hits

24 (AO) fruitcake version of extruder bars
- “if you thought the tasteless paste one was bad….”
- Works like the Exquisite Chocolates, but the extruded bars say things like "Ow, my jaw!" and "Fruit doesn't make that sound." and "Too much adobe."
- Maybe it's dangerous. Maybe it's so dense that exposing it to ionizing radiation could cause it to collapse into a black hole

25 (AO) model starships of Atlantean and Rimor, either decorations or hovering pets like Balloons

26 (AO) All I want for Xmas is a placard that says "All I want for Xmas is a placard that says…"
- click to change to a “no hippos” sign

27 (AO) eggnog with a coma warning, for sipping only
- made with immiscible swirls of red and green liquids legally distinct from the well known red and green flavored coma-inducing cough syrup

28 (both) pepper spray with the capsaicin charge replaced with peppermint, wintergreen mint, cinnamon apple, vanilla butter cookies, mulled wine, turkey gravy and sage onion stuffing, spiced fruit (apple, pumpkin, mincemeat) pies, other Christmas smells, perhaps as random floating text like the exquisite chocolates
- causes no damage, but may cause confusion, distraction, nostalgia, and munchies

29 (AO) collections of classic favorite Christmas movies in pill form. Like those pill packs of nano buffs you randomly find in missions, but instead of containing a buffing nano, it contains the memories of having just watched some classic movies

30 (AO) to really capture the spirit of contemporary Christmas, a shopping quest. Like a wishlist the elfleets need help filling and you have to go buy the stuff from various stores, if you can find it.

31 (AO) wieldable social scissors, the kind for cutting wrapping paper and ribbons and tape. The rounded safety scissors that do 1-1(1) damage, and -32767 runspeed and a warning not to run while holding them

32 (AO) Christmas version of the Valentine’s card with a Santa Leet or a Christmas Tree on it

33 (AO) plushie holdable tree

34 (AO) placeable decoration gifts to go under our trees

35 (AO) snow leopard catgirl (3 items)
- white version of the fashionable snowsuit with leopard spots for details and pockets and so on
- blonde catgirl morph with her tail and ears dyed white and that outfit on
- white bikini top to go with the basic white thong when you want to go inside and take the suit off but still match the ears and tail

36 (AO) dancing Grin’Cha, Father Time, Skroog'Khazoh dolls, and/or the “Automated Sentry – Tannen'Bau” Christmas Tree

37 (both) Quarantine Yeti costume

38 (AO) Christmas gnomes – little ceramic yuttos in Santa hats

39 (AO) leet catapult to fling leets into low orbit for no reason, which really isn’t as weird as it seems. Could be a transportation system for advies. Or possibly a siege weapon, depending on how well it’s aimed.

40 (AO) igloos and snow-covered tents big enough to actually sit in

41 (AO) sand snowmen

42 (both) new christmas bikinis in other colors, combinations of red, green, silver, gold, white

43 (both) red ribbon bandeau and thong with a gold star in front and a bow in back

44 (AO) Omni-Med Holiday Spirit Pills
- Nanotech to adjust your brain chemistry and put you in the mood to relax and celebrate and go out and buy things (from Omni stores) to decorate your apartment with and give away as gifts, in single, multipack, and year supply boxes

45 (both) light blue jumpers with white snowflakes and icicles (sweaters/jumpsuit)

46 (AO) Pumpkinhead Santa, with a sleigh drawn by reindeer Lutzies (Atroxes with reindeer heads)

47 (AO) Red Raider Pellet Gun
- A compressed air-powered steel pellet rifle obviously legally distinct from the Red Ryder BB Gun, despite the fact that it clearly has a blind proc. And possibly a stylized logo of a little girl in a red cloak scouting the forest with a rifle and a picnic basket.

48 (both) red and white thongs to go with the red and white thongs (Naughty List Bikini)
- AO needs red and white flip-flop sandals to match the Naughty List Bikini because White Pumps at a Christmas beach party at no good on sand
- SWL needs Christmas bikinis to go with the flip-flops they already have because not all Christmas parties are outside in the snow.

49 (SWL) a candy-striped walking cane you can do Nassir’s Dance with

50 (both) Gingerbread house you wear on your head
- AO has that old no-trade cathedral-looking one that doesn’t drop any more, that model should work

51 (AO) Holly Jolly Omni-Tek Uniforms, like Omni-Tek Suit and Med Suit in red with green and silver

52 (AO) Butterfly lantern, possibly flapping like the random client-side environmental ones

53 (AO) Clicky toy that causes butterflies to swarm up around you and fly away

54 (AO) Color-changing tights like the Halloween Wicked Tights, but in red/white, green/red, and white/green

55 (both) Red version of Play Costume – Fifth Edition with white thigh-high stockings, sheer white lacy elbow-length gloves, red heels, and a snowflake necklace

56 (AO) Mnemobytes
- "New, from the same department that brought you Omni-Med Butter Cakes and Shock Trooper Muffins: it's Mnemobytes! Having a down holiday and need a bite of cheer? The chocolate coated candy bits in these cookies have a nanobot filling that goes straight to your hippocampus and triggers memories of your favorite smells and tastes from past holidays! New and improved to trigger on the holidays of the same time of year! Mnemobytes taste like happy!"

57 (both) Music box Christmas Gift that plays some simple holiday jingle you’d have to come up with, like something based on the game’s theme, but played by a music box, or something public domain, like Jingle Bells or Silent Night

58 (AO) gingerbread man lantern

59 (both) Candycane striped thigh-high leggings and mini-dress, either also candy cane or a translucent dress the color of a green gumdrop with strategically placed opaque sprinkles. Or my favorite stripey strappy bikini option.

60 (AO) Snowman bucket, like the Pumpkin Basket but white with a coal smile… or a bucket of melted snowman with a carrot and bow tie floating in it

61 (both) Sad melting snowman

62 (AO) Chillyrat ambush perch
- a wild Chillyrat in place of the head of a snowman, just waiting for someone to get curious and walk up so they can scream, roll on down, and chase

63 (AO) A new painting: "Bored ghost in a snowstorm trying to make a snowman but sadly unable to touch anything". It's a white rectangle.

64 (both) Christmas fruits like oranges, tangerines, satsumas

65 (AO) Omni-Med Butter Cookies with nanobot frosting for +healdelta +nanodelta holiday energy.

66 (both) black pajamas with white snowflakes, same style as the pink heart ones, but looks like Christmas Eve night snow
Last edited by Jezebelle on Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:49 am, edited 6 times in total.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Jezebelle » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:17 am

[second reply reserved for tradition]
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Christmas 2021 ideas sent in

Postby Jezebelle » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:12 am

Dear Santa Leet, Saint Nicholas, Michizure, and/or whichever elves might possibly be hard at work on this year's Christmas Gifts,

Here's GridStream's annual brainstorming contribution of Christmas ideas for AO and SWL. They were collected at three weeks of GSP parties, plus a couple that came up since last time. The forums were pretty quiet, and our parties are mostly in AO these days, but we got a pretty good list anyway, and a lot of the ideas apply to SWL, too. GSP DJs, Dancers, and staff helped put them in order so I could fill in extra details on our favorites, but as always, the whole list is here.

1) [both] Little Red Dress with long white stockings and sleeves
A barely-there red dress, neckline all the way down to the navel, hem all the way up to the panties, no back, and a little bit of scalloped gold embroidery about the hem. Basically a red version of Play Costume - Fifth Edition. Then add sheer white lacy elbow-length gloves, matching white thigh-high stay-up stockings, red heels, and a gold necklace with a silver snowflake.

2) [both] red and white thongs to go with the red and white thongs
- AO needs red and white flip-flop sandals to match the Naughty List Bikini because White Pumps at a Christmas beach party are awful
- SWL needs Christmas bikinis to go with the flip-flops they already have because not all Christmas parties are outside in the snow.

3) [both] green version of zebra print outfit
Who says there can't be critters just like zebras on other worlds, but with green stripes instead? I don't know what you'd call them, but animal print bodysuits based on them seem pretty obvious. And red ones, too, even if they'd kinda look like candy cane horses. I expect pet candy cane horses to be on the next list.

4) [AO] gift shopping quest
To really capture the spirit of contemporary Christmas, the elfleets should have a wishlist they need help filling and we'd have to go buy the stuff from various stores, if we can find it before it's sold out.

5) [both] Snow-Dancing Santa Claus
Dancing Santa Claus Doll that does a little dance one might interpret as a northern tribal snow-dance, then explodes into a snow shower

6) [both] leets in Naughty List boxers
With ragged holes chewed in the back for those thick tails. If you thought scissors were hard to use with no thumb, try it with no hands.

7) [AO] fruitcake version of extruder bars
If you thought the tasteless paste one was bad.... Are those colorful bits candied fruits or QL1 gems? A reusable extruder, like the Exquisite Chocolates, but the fruitcake bars it produces float phrases like "Ow, my jaw!" and "Fruit doesn't make that sound." and "Too much adobe." Maybe it's even dangerous. Maybe it's so dense that exposing it to ionizing radiation could cause it to collapse into a black hole. Maybe don't try it, just in case.

8) [AO] return of the Snowball v2.1 (the social one)
For years, only two different versions of hostile snowballs have been available. The Version 2.1 snowball that is usable at parties isn't available at all. A neat way to make this available again would be to add to its effect a chance to spawn a (Unique) Snowball Throwing Manual v2.1 on the target if they don't know the nano.

9) [AO] ridable giant leet mounts, sabertooths, silvertails, and rafters
Yeah, that's probably asking a bit much, but it's brainstorming, right?

10) [both] new christmas bikinis in other colors, combinations of red, green, silver, gold, and white
The same style as the Naughty List Bikini would be fine. Just pick a different design and change the colors of the panels and straps. Like white snowman heads on a green bikini with gold straps or red ornaments on a gold bikini with silver straps or some such combination. And, of course, SWL needs the classic green, red, and white that AO has had for so long.

11) [both] Candycane striped thigh-high leggings
Because that probably needs to be a whole leg item, here are some options for whole outfits that could be a part of:
- candy cane striped deep-v mini-dress, short enough to see a couple inches of thigh between the hem and the stockings, like Play Costume - Fifth Edition
- candy striped miniskirt and crop top, like Play Costume - Sixth Edition
- translucent dress the color of a green gumdrop with opaque white "sugar crystals" like Swarovski crystals and strategially placed starbursts
- or my favorite stripey strappy bikini option, triple-strap triangle bra and tanga bottom with red straps that merge right into the red stripes on the panels
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21449&start=20#p226775

12) [AO] snow leopard catgirl (3 items)
- white version of the fashionable snowsuit with grey leopard spots for details and pockets and so on
- blonde catgirl morph with her tail and ears dyed white and that outfit on
- white bikini top (no spots, just white) to go with the basic white thong for when you want to go inside and take the suit off but still match the ears and tail

13) [AO] Color-changing tights like the Halloween Wicked Tights, but in red/white, green/red, and white/green

14) [AO] red pumps
How do we still not have red pumps? Just dye some of the white ones already.

15) [SWL] The Christmas Conspiracy
It's the flute, isn't it? There must be something blocking the reintroduction of this classic TSW holiday mission. If you can work around that block somehow, it would be nice to have this back, and probably less work than designing a whole new winter event?

16) [SWL] a candy-striped walking cane you can do Nassir's Dance with
I suppose it would be a separate dance that just happens to use the same animations, but a different prop. And if you're going to make that prop anyway, maybe make it a weapon skin, too? Depending on which end you hold, it would work as a hammer or a blade. Or an assault rifle or shotgun, I suppose. We're clearly firing anima instead of bullets anyway, so it doesn't really matter if it has no moving parts, right?

17) [both] pants that actually go with the Christmas sweaters
Personally, I always thought the whole point of Traditional Ugly Christmas Sweater was that it doesn't go with anything, but there does seem to be some demand for something to wear it with. Maybe not something that matches, exactly. Maybe just a pants version of the same theme, making an almost coherent outfit.
- [AO] something in almost the same red, with a mistletoe and holly belt, white stripes down the sides, and holly on the back pockets
- [TSW] grey brown slacks or jeans with some dark red stitching and some holly on the back pocket

18) [AO] plushie holdable tree / Christmas Tree doll
Same model as the placeable/deployable Christmas Tree, but scaled down and holdable, like the action figures.

19) [both] sheer red backless babydoll nightie with an opaque maribu neckline and white lace panties
A neckline so deep and wide that the one inch of fluffy white maribu trim covers the R-rated bits, like the hula lei. A simple tie gathers it back together below the breasts, tying like an apron at the lower back. The two halves that don't quite meet below that only come half-way down the buttocks and the front just meets the top of the white panties, so the opaque white straps are visible through the sheer red gauze.A neckline so deep and wide that the one inch of fluffy white maribu trim covers the nipples, like the hula lei. A simple tie gathers it back together below the breasts, tying like an apron at the small of the back. The two halves that don't quite meet below that only come half-way down the buttocks and the front barely meets the top of the white panties, so the opaque white straps are visible through the sheer red gauze at the hips.
I looked for a photo reference for this, but couldn't quite find what I had in mind. I hope you can get a clear enough idea what I mean from that description because posting half a dozen partially similar racy lingerie shots would probably trigger either censorship or spam protection.

20) [AO] leet catapult to fling leets into low orbit for no reason
... which really isn't as weird as it seems. Could be a transportation system for advies. Or possibly a siege weapon, depending on how well it's aimed.

21) [both] Christmas wrapping paper tuxedo / teddy

22) [both] strapless bandeau-style wreath bikini

23) [both] red ribbon bandeau and a thong with a gold star in front and a bow in back

24) [AO] wieldable social scissors
- The kind for cutting wrapping paper and ribbons and tape. The rounded safety scissors that do 1-1(1) damage, apply -32767 runspeed and have a warning not to run while holding them

25) [AO] A placard that says all I want for Xmas is a placard that says "All I want for Xmas is a placard that says..."
- click to change to a "no hippos" sign

26) [AO] Red Raider Pellet Gun
- A compressed air-powered steel pellet rifle obviously legally distinct from the Red Ryder BB Gun, despite the fact that it clearly has a blind proc. And possibly a stylized logo of a little girl in a red cloak scouting the forest with a rifle and a picnic basket. It may also have a remote but over-hyped chance of richeting and hitting the user with that blind proc.

27) [both] Sad melting snowman

28) [AO] mini Yutto pet, snow white or possibly wearing a Santa robe

29) [AO] Pumpkinhead Santa, with a sleigh drawn by reindeer Lutzies (Atroxes with reindeer heads)

30) [AO] Elfleets making Critsmiss
- a shoulder/util Elfleet charm that increases your resistance to critical hits

31) [AO] Chillyrat ambush perch
- a wild Chillyrat in place of the head of a snowman, just waiting for someone to get curious and walk up so they can scream, roll on down, and chase

32) [AO] placeable decoration gifts to go under our trees

33) [AO] Butterfly shoulder lantern
- definitely a butterfly and not an attention-starved glowing pixie
- possibly flapping like the random client-side environmental ones

34) [AO] miniature Christmas trees, as decorations and/or lanterns
- decorations would be just like the normal tree, only smaller
- lanterns would be tiny but provide a nice (average white) glow with their colorful bulbs

35) [AO] igloos and snow-covered tents big enough to actually sit in
- might require Atrox Enforcer and Opifex Agent and Solitus Soldier sizes

36) [both] gingerbread costume
- like a brown jogging suit with white piping and a few colorful buttons

37) [AO] miniature gofle/beit pets with fawn spots

38) [AO] Christmas version of the Valentine's card with a Santa Leet or a Christmas Tree on it

39) [AO] Christmas beach towels for summer planets and Australia

40) [AO] collections of classic favorite Christmas movies in pill form
- Like those pill packs of nano buffs you randomly find in missions, but instead of containing a buffing nano, it contains the memories of having just watched some classic movies

41) [AO] Omni-Med Holiday Spirit Pills
- Nanotech to adjust your brain chemistry and put you in the mood to relax and celebrate and go out and buy things (from Omni stores) to decorate your apartment with and give away as gifts, in single, multipack, and year supply boxes
- Combines well with Mnemobytes and Holiday Energy Butter Cookies (both also on this list)

42) [AO] teddy bear backpack
- whole and cute, not torn up and creepy like the Terrifying Plush undead teddy

43) [AO] stuffed toy elf backpack, perhaps sitting on a wrapped gift like the classic "elf on a shelf"

44) [both] light blue jumpers with white snowflakes and icicles (sweaters/jumpsuit)

45) [both] tiny mouse-sized leet stirring a mug of cocoa
- just like the mouse in The Night Before Christmas wasn't

46) [AO] model starships of Atlantean and Rimor, either placeable decorations or hovering pets like Balloons

47) [both] Quarantine Yeti costume

48) [AO] colored snowblowers

49) [both] black pajamas with white snowflakes, same style as the pink heart ones, but looks like Christmas Eve night snow

50) [AO] hastily assembled hoverbike made of custom parts still in their Christmas Gift boxes
- snapped together without even unwrapping them, so it's just a bunch of gift-wrapped boxes stuck together with controls sticking out and thrusters exposed where they burned through the boxes. Not especially aerodynamic.

51) [AO] Clicky toy that causes butterflies to swarm up around you and fly away

52) [AO] Mnemobytes
- New, from the same department that brought you Omni-Med Butter Cakes and Shock Trooper Muffins: it's Mnemobytes! Having a down holiday and need a bite of cheer? The chocolate coated candy bits in these cookies have a nanobot filling that goes straight to your hippocampus and triggers memories of your favorite smells and tastes from past holidays! New and improved to trigger on the holidays of the same time of year! Mnemobytes taste like happy!

53) [both] pepper spray with the capsaicin charge replaced with holiday scented oils
- peppermint, wintergreen mint, cinnamon apple, vanilla butter cookies, mulled wine, turkey gravy and sage onion stuffing, spiced fruit (apple, pumpkin, mincemeat) pies, other Christmas smells, perhaps as random floating text like the exquisite chocolates
- causes no damage, but may cause confusion, distraction, nostalgia, and stomach grumbles

54) [AO] sand snowmen

55) [AO] gingerbread man shoulder lantern
- or gingerbread woman, heart, leet, yutto... or even give us a tradeskill to combine a Light Bar with a cookie and make it a lantern

56) [AO] Christmas gnomes
- little ceramic yuttos in Santa hats

57) [AO] Omni-Med Butter Cookies with nanobot frosting for +healdelta +nanodelta holiday energy.

58) [AO] new clickable Dancing Doll toys of Grin'Cha, Father Time, Skroog'Khazoh, and the "Automated Sentry - Tannen'Bau" Christmas Tree

59) [AO] A new painting: "Bored ghost in a snowstorm trying to make a snowman but sadly unable to touch anything". It's a white rectangle.

60) [AO] giftwrapped hoverbike, still in the wrapping paper and ribbons

61) [AO] eggnog with a coma warning, for sipping only
- made with immiscible swirls of red and green liquids legally distinct from a certain well known red and green flavored coma-inducing cough syrup

62) [both] Gingerbread house you wear on your head
- AO has that old no-trade cathedral-looking one that doesn't drop any more. That model should work.

63) [AO] Holly Jolly Omni-Tek Uniforms
- like Omni-Tek Suit and Med Suit in red with green and silver

64) [both] Music box Christmas Gift
- plays some simple holiday jingle you'd have to come up with, like something based on the game's theme, but played by a music box, or something public domain, like Jingle Bells or Silent Night

65) [AO] Snowman bucket
- like the Pumpkin Basket but white with a coal smile
- or a bucket of melted snowman with a carrot and bow tie floating in it

66) [both] Christmas fruits like oranges, tangerines, satsumas

Thanks for your continued work on our favorite worlds and for reading (at least some of) this and letting us contribute some ideas to the holiday development cycle. I hope you find at least some of it useful or at least amusing.

- Jezebelle
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Re: Christmas 2021 ideas sent in

Postby Dharzee » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:50 am

Jezebelle wrote:45) [both] tiny mouse-sized leet stirring a mug of cocoa
- just like the mouse in The Night Before Christmas wasn't

It only just now occurs to me... but how does a leet stir a mug of cocoa? Is it using its tail? Balancing on one foot while using the other foot to stir, with or without a spoon? Did it learn to harness notum to stir without hands? Why am I even trying to figure this out? Am I just rambling on aimlessly?
#BlameDharzee
"I'm in love with my lust, burning angel wings to dust" - Nightwish, Wish I Had An Angel
Dharzee
Training Wheels Officer

Postby Jezebelle » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:48 am

I assumed the spoon is in his mouth, but just to be sure, I asked Ubir. He said there is no spoon.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Dharzee » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:49 pm

Holding the spoon with the mouth. That option never occurred to me.
#BlameDharzee
"I'm in love with my lust, burning angel wings to dust" - Nightwish, Wish I Had An Angel
Dharzee
Training Wheels Officer

Return to General/Discussion