Halloween 2021 Brainstorming

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

Halloween 2021 Brainstorming

Postby Jezebelle » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:46 am

It's a week earlier than last time, and Anniversary events are just winding down, but somehow the Anniversary and Halloween events keep creeping slowly closer together! It's probably a conspiracy, so let's just go with it and start thinking up Halloween ideas! AO just got some new content for the 20th birthday, so I wouldn't count on a big new Halloween dungeon too, but we know FC loves Halloween, so a few social items are not unlikely. The new anniversary content was all endgame stuff, so maybe some simple instance or encounter, that's easy for any level to get to (unlike the Great Pumpkin and the Abandoned Facility), would be a good addition. Anyone have a cool idea for something like that?

As for Secret World Legends, we still don't have the Spooky Stories of Solomon Island back, so maybe that will come to SWL. Or maybe there's something about those that they still can't work into SWL for some reason, so if you have any other ideas for something less tedious than the hourly pumpkin patch, go ahead and suggest it. Also, it would be nice to see some new social stuff dropping for daily logins, so suggest what you want to see there. It usually seems to be currency and XP of various sorts, upgrade material, plus a sprint and a t-shirt and maybe a hat or something? New pet? General interest stuff. There could even be a new cache if there was a whole theme of weapon skins and clothes and stuff to fill it with. We haven't had one of those in a while. But they seem to be busy with their Next Project, so I wouldn't expect too much.

As usual, I'll be gathering the suggestions in this thread, and after a couple weeks of collecting ideas, GSP Crew and Dancers will vote to pick our top 20 favorites and I'll write those up in more detail, with reference images where necessary, then send them all in for FC's idea pool. I'll also post them to the official AO and SWL forums, but I'm officially collecting the suggestions here in the GSP forums because it'll just be easier to compile the list if i don't have to worry about editing limits and post size and such. I'll try to keep up with collecting any posts from there, as well as FB, to add to this list as we go.

Schedule:

Jul 10 - Jul 24: Two weeks of collecting suggestions at parties and here in this thread.

Jul 25 - Aug 1: One week for GSP DJs, Dancers, and Staff vote on their favorite ideas.

Aug 2 - Aug 9: One week for me to sort out and write up the favorite ideas with detailed descriptions and reference images.

Aug 10 - October: Gives FC two months to design, build, implement, and test the new goodies, since it'll probably be happening in coffee breaks or while they're waiting for the quabbit-powered compile farm to crank out v0.0.1.294864 of The Next Big Thing.

Oct 13ish: Events start. Or roughly some time in the middle of October, probably the 2nd and 3rd weeks, but we won't know for sure until it happens.

Oct 31: Halloween

Now this is a brainstorming thread, so we want lots of ideas to choose from. GSP will be picking favorites for me to write up in detail, but I'll be sending in the whole list, even if some of them are just vague single phrases, because something that didn't strike a chord with us might turn out to give FC a good idea anyway.

Some guidelines for suggestions:

1) Be specific enough that everyone will have roughly the same idea what you mean.

2) Don't infringe on anyone else's Intellectual Property. Ideas inspired by some other game, movie, tv show, or whatever, are fine, as long as they're just oblique references. Using quotes, images, or names that belong to someone else isn't going to happen. The dance emotes in TSW are a good example. They're all recognizable, but not exactly identical to the famous choreography, and they're named something similar, not the actual song title. Except Gangnam Style. Maybe FC legal isn't worried about using that spelling when the game doesn't even know how to spell in Korean?

3) Keep it within the games' ratings, whatever they are in your region. You've all seen the bikinis, thongs, alien toys, and Dragon tantric footrubs, so you know there's still a lot of room to be sexy without getting too explicit.

4) Original new ideas are preferred, but if we still haven't gotten your favorite idea from some previous year, go ahead and suggest it again. Here are links to the previous lists if you want to look something up or just get some inspiration to get the creative juices flowing.

Halloween 2020 Brainstorming

Halloween 2019 Brainstorming

Halloween 2018 Brainstorming

Halloween 2017 Brainstorming

Halloween 2016 Brainstorming

Halloween 2015 Brainstorming

Halloween 2014 Brainstorming

Halloween 2013 Brainstorming (thread MIA?)

Halloween 2012 Brainstorming (thread MIA?)

Halloween 2011 Brainstorming

Halloween 2010 Brainstorming
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Re: Halloween 2021 Brainstorming

Postby Jezebelle » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:49 am

1 (AO) Nanomage Liberation Front piano

2 (AO) Leetles poster (crossing a street in Omni-1 or something?)

3 (AO) R.U.R. Leetbot (Rubi-Ka Universal Robots)

4 (AO) Bigmanforce statue (a player who makes YouTube videos)

5 (both) shiny and feminine, but practical, female armor, like in Wonder Woman 1984, perhaps a nano-woven honey polymer non-Newtonian ballistic cloth armor

6 (AO) A skeleton sitting on an electric chair at the end of the subway side branch (that no one ever goes to), doing energy dmg when approached (like a mini tower) and spawning a coffin when killed (like Loren) and black gift boxes (with a % chance to explode upon opening). On 1 hour respawn timer

7 (both) undead teddy bear costume, like an almost life-size version of the Childhood Memories one taken all apart and tied on as a costume

8 (AO) crystal ball with Psychic buff

9 (AO) Like bath bombs, but for kitchens. Throw one in the sink and tentacle monsters spring out of it and grope and flail all around your fridge and cabinets and randomly cook you a meal with whatever they find and then slither away, leaving decent, if creepy, food, and a huge mess.
(SWL) Could that actually summon a Filth Chef in certain "kitchen" areas to produce a consumable item?

10 (AO) underwater maze of tunnels, like a submerged version of ToTW, with all the cultists replaced by sharks. Maybe a flooded subway.

11 (AO) Non-dancing Uncle Pumpkinhead doll that spawns like the Dancing Santa Doll and says "I can't dance, I can't sing, I'm just standing here scything everything." and swing and deathcackle and poof

12 (AO) clicky toy that makes it rain bacon in vicinity

13 (AO) Shoulder-mounted Uncle Pumpkinhead dolls

14 (AO) Uncle Pumpkinhead doll helmet, Babyface style

15 (AO) Rollerrat Screech Protection Headphones. Like the audio version of Atrox Thong Protection Glasses. In orangey or dark red rollerrat colors, or a variety of extra creepy flesh tones

16 (AO) new wandering mobs, like black cats, shadowleets, mutant zombies, rollerpumpkins, and devilleets (with plastic pitchforks)

17 (AO) Scotch chirop eggs, like a Gestating Pustule reskinned to look like fried meatloaf with egg leaking out. Feeds a family of 12 or one Atrox.

18 (AO) social that looks like old Newbie Island armor, but the unprotected areas are gorey wounds you can see the implants through
* note: you can't get Halloween loot on Newbie Island, or Arete, so wearing this shows what happens to you if you keep wearing that QL2 Low Tech Armor long enough to have implants.
* also good for role-playing a zombie or acting as the corpse extra in someone's YouTube video

19 (both) balloons pet, in Halloween colors, maybe make some of them pumpkin-shaped

20 (AO) I'm still waiting for the Halloween leets' shade morph to work as camouflage to get past the shades in U-Turn Forest.

21 (AO) Halloween Play Costumes, like the Anniversary and Christmas ones, but in midnight black, pumpkin orange, blood red, and/or bone white
* particularly Play Costume – First Edition in orange with black details and black with orange details.

22 (both) "steam bath censorship" costume - little bit of opaque white cloud underwear that emanates a particle effect like adventurer shields but with slow fluffy white cloud particles
* aka "The Onsen Episode" costume - good for screenshots in those Sunrise Station apartments.

23 (AO) A t-shirt torn up even worse than Dear Liza's. Ripped, burned, shot, bleached and dissolved with acid, blood stained, the works. Called "I got murdered by all the Birthday Event World Bosses and didn't even get this lousy t-shirt"
* Will probably get abbreviated B.E.W.B. Shirt, which will make perfect sense considering how much of it is missing

24 (AO) pet hover-cameras / recorders made of slightly smaller, disarmed Probe mobs
(SWL) pet camera drone, not necessarily Orochi brand

25 (both) black and orange version of the Zebra Print outfit - call it Tiger Print

26 (AO) some of the cool art and decorations used in random missions that you always wished you could take home and put in your apartment, dropped by generic humanoid mobs hanging around cities, named "Halloween Vandal"

27 (AO) Pom-poms - spherical MA weapons held in both hands that give your hands a glow like an MA damage buff in the same color as the pom-poms so they have trails when you shake them

28 (AO) Campfire cauldron, like a Winter Survival Kit with a smaller version of the giant cauldron ARK brings to big parties

29 (AO) black and white dresses like the Tree Dress, with different hats for different Chess pieces, click to change piece, screwdriver to change color

30 (AO) Angeleets to go with the Devileets, with little lyre/harp holdable items
* spawn them as mobs and give them a lyre/harp you can steal for yourself

31 (both) Stillsuits or hunter-seekers or worm-riding gear or something from that new game.

32 (AO) cauldron backpack

33 (AO) candy corn backpack

34 (AO) junker hoverbike made of old reclaim terminals duct-taped to pieces of the old square player city social whompahs

35) (AO) Aunt and Uncle Pumpkinhead raid encounter? I think? With about 6 years worth of loot?
Xpaholic, on AO forum wrote:It’s been quite a year for the grieving pumpkin head’s, it seems they’ve found love! Mrs. or Mr. or Thister Pumpkinhead has come to back their beloved in combat~! If you and your team can manage to weather the combined force of this dynamic duo, then PHATS will ensure your Halloween is more treat than trick!
Possible loot includes :
Docaholic’s other ring MM MC BI ring with nano init and max hp
Lindelu’s stripped pajama’s back item - nano skills evades ts skills AC’s and coffee stains *special effect on click locks perception for 600 seconds 240 second buff 15 dm 15 evades 18 aggdef 2 crit increase 100 inits and -5 skill lock modifier
Macrosun’s actual punching gloves: 400-600 (666) 2/1.75 MA weapon with brawl dimach and fast attack
Michizure’s special earthquake machine: spawns a giant Mr. Squeaky that explodes and rumbles the ground (cooldown 1 min)
Mean’s Mr meany: a lvl 200 req variant of the patchwork defensive drone
Raetos’s unbiased belt: neut only version of belt of great justice
A pack of Silirrion’s deep fried steaks(100 stack): consumable gives the same buff as Silirrion scones but also polymorphs randomly into either a bronto, a shadow, or a rhinoman
ShadowGod’s bigger picture: painting for home that’s just Mr. Squeaky destroying civilization.
Vhab’s factual damage calculator: hud 1 with add dmg 45 add off 45 add def -45
Lucier’s cup of strong liqour: 200-400(420) 1.4/1.4 1 hand blunt weapon with chemical dmg and 4% chance to stun enemy 6% chance to lower init’s 1000 enemy for 30 seconds and a 2% chance to cast debuff on user “the worst kind of inebriated” that forces you to see in the old fisheye lens green of advanced scent sensor for a minute.
Darkbane’s Dark Bane: A weapon with a chance blinding the enemy reducing AAO by 500 ( I honestly cannot remember what weapon DB used rip.)
Saavick’s strap of Rubi-ka: a lowbie pistol that has a high chance of giving a small vehicle air and runspeed buff *activation effect: 30 minute cooldown beacon to Reet’s Retreat.

36 (AO) Teh Wicker Tweet – a pet / shoulder reet woven out of dried reeds

37 (both) Figleet of your Imagination – an especially silly pet leet

38 (AO) Give some of the rare/missing loot, like plastic pitchforks and tombstones and Splat shirts, to wild rollerpumpkins and/or Aunt (Queen) Rollerpumpkin

39 (AO) Funhouse Morpher that casts a nano to temporarily randomize your height/weight settings

40 (AO) make a bottlecap spawn in your inventory when you "use" a bottle of Ed's Zombie Brew or Pumpkin Juice or Mr. Pointy's "Not Fake" Blood or Bad Brew. Make them stack like bullets and leave them tradable so we can use them for currency

41 (both) ocelot print bikini with some ocelot spot tats – similar to leopard, but even cuter

42 (AO) clicky toy that makes a “pollen cloud” effect like the Weird-Looking Candy Cherries, with additional pitch black and blood red floating dots

43 (AO) Flying Reaper morph, VA81 like the yalm/hoverbike nanos, but the same morph as the Halloween leets cast, just with flying enabled

44 (both) I doubt the engine supports it, but it would be cool if there was a nano that could make a rainbow appear leading to your mission waypoint – and if that is possible, a Halloween version could be a cloud of bats or a rolling jack-o-lantern or some such

45 (AO) Cheerleet hotpants, with one big heavily made up eye on each cheek, giant eyelashes and all

46 (both) wireframe suit – back item that's just pitch black like the morph suit, but with one pixel wide white lines at the edges of all the polygons

47 (AO) Rick Astley costumes for pet Rollerrats

48 (AO) Nanos to temporarily morph into a skeleton, like what the Reanimator does, or a ghost, like the Horror Ghost costume without having to unequip your gear

49 (AO) an extra-spooky dungeon with low lighting, like the Abandoned Facility, and that old Halloween fog effect too, so even your own lighting doesn't reach far

50 (AO) a mission to infiltrate a monster party – get one of those morphs from the Halloween leets and go to a mission location full of mutants hitting on medusa and whatever, but as long as you keep the costume on, they're not aggressive. Run/creep/hover/squirm you way to some prize, and bring it back, or spike their punch, or set them up the bomb or something

51 (TSW) pitchfork skin for hammers

52 (both) the lockdown Wookiee "I really need a haircut" outfit

53 (AO) "I survived Covid 19...but Uncle Punpkinhead got me in 2HO" T shirt
* changes into "I survived Covid 19...but got ganked by a (Clammer/Omlet/Newt) in 2HO" T shirt

54 (AO) rollerpumpkin hat, like a basic rollerrat helmet, but comes all the way down to your neck, like a ski mask, with eye and mouth holes cut like a jack-o-lantern, in pumpkin orange

55 (AO) nano to morph yourself into a large quabbit

56 (AO) Flying carpet hover”bike”, or a hover”board” you can dance on

57 (AO) bring back the old pvp titles
* I’m not sure what that has to do with Halloween, except it seems a popular time for ambushing folks trying to loot Griefing Pumpkinheads

58 (both) More Halloween colored shorts
* (AO) and we still want Midnight Pumpkin Boxers for girls, too!

59 (both) Low-rise boyshorts (to go with the tails in AO), and matching lacy balconette bras

60 (AO) Any Color Bikini Top to go with the color changing thong in the shop

61 (SWL) tanga or thong bikini bottoms like AO has, in at least the same colors as the current bikinis

62 (both) that glass sphere the Goblin King juggled in Labyrinth, with a reflection still inside it of David Bowie's hands flowing around it
* (SWL) AoE pacify/slow gadget
* (AO) Shoulder/Util, on use AoE pacify/snare, levels up with Agility/Psychic

63 (AO) a "no sun" placard for protesting to turn down the orbital heat death ray

64 (both) fishnet stockings with matching pumps and booty shorts
* in red (matching AO's Vulcana)
* and purple (matching the Mysterious Cloak)
* and blue (matching the Blue Bikini)
* matching some available corsets or bikini tops or something in SWL

65 (AO) Bellydancer thong
* Like the Purple Thong (from Item Store) with a thin gold chain belt worn low on the hips, with little gold tassels and coins

66 (AO) a clickytoy that spawns a cloud of fireflies that are actually, if you zoom in close enough, tiny black drone spaceships with glowing orange engines

67 (AO) a haunted mansion full of jump scares with monsters like Eremites and Grasping Tentacles and Shadowleets, maybe on the top of one of those hills in Holes in the Wall
* possibly fold that in with the mission to infiltrate a monsters' party - if you don't disguise yourself, be prepared to be jumped at
Last edited by Jezebelle on Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:51 am, edited 11 times in total.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Re: Halloween 2021 Brainstorming

Postby Jezebelle » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:50 am

[second reply reserved for tradition]
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Re: Halloween 2021 Brainstorming *list sent

Postby Jezebelle » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:21 am

Trick or treat, Mr. Pumpkinman!

Here's GridStream's annual brainstorming contribution of Halloween ideas. They were collected at two weeks of GSP parties, plus a couple that came up since last time. The forums were pretty quiet, and our parties are mostly in AO these days, but we got a pretty good list anyway, and a lot of the ideas apply to SWL, too. GSP DJs, Dancers, and staff helped put them in order so I could fill in extra details on our favorites, but as always, the whole list is here.

1) [AO] Halloween Play Costumes
Halloween colored versions of the Anniversary and Christmas ones. Midnight black, pumpkin orange, blood red (a little darker than Christmas red), and/or bone grey (like old dusty bones, not clean fresh white bones). Maybe a little purple to go with the Mysterious Cloak. A good start would be the Anniversary "Play Costume - First Edition" in orange with black details and black with orange details.

2) [AO] Angeleets to go with the Devileets
Leets with crooked little halos tied on their heads. Maybe with a chin strap. Not so much with the wings; "fethers" are for reets. A little lyre or harp strapped to their backs would work. Spawn them as mobs wandering about the cities and give them a holdable lyre/harp you can loot for yourself.

3) [AO] "I got murdered by all the Birthday Event World Bosses and didn't even get this lousy" T-Shirt.
A t-shirt torn up even worse than Dear Liza's. Ripped, burned, shot, bleached and dissolved with acid, blood stained, the works. It will obviously get abbreviated "B.E.W.B. Shirt", which will make perfect sense considering that what little remains of it only covers barely enough.

4) [AO] Rollerrat Screech Protection Headphones.
The audio version of Atrox Thong Protection Glasses. In orangey or dark red rollerrat colors, or a variety of extra creepy flesh tones. Disables audio when worn in Clothes head slot. Of course, we can just do that with F10, but it would be funnier this way.

5) [AO] Pom-poms
Spherical Martial Arts-skill weapons held in both hands that give your hands a glow like an MA damage buff in the same color as the pom-poms, but stationary, not rising, so they have short trails when you shake them. Or make them "burn" downward a little bit, so the "trails" default to hanging straight down when you hold still.
They should probably be the same range of colors as the pennants in the old Veteran shop, as well as red and gold like the Anniversary Play Costume - First Edition.

6) [AO] new wandering mobs to give new loot to
They could use existing models, like small black cats, shadowleets, various semi-humanoid mutants (glowing blue skeletons and tentacle mutants come to mind), rollerpumpkins, and devilleets. Those would all make good Halloween monsters, roaming the cities or the areas surrounding them, maybe the same areas Uncle Pumpkinhead haunts. Maybe give the rollerpumpkins a boss, or queen, like the rollerrats? Aunt Rollerpumpkin?
Loot should preferably include some of the old goodies that haven't dropped in years and some that have only been rarely avaiable in old missions, like plastic pitchforks for the Devileets, tombstones for the zombie-looking mutants, skulls for the skeletons, Splat shirts for the rollerpumpkins, The Grinning Devil for the shadowleets, etc. I'm not sure what to give the black cats... maybe something new from elsewhere on this list.

7) [both] shiny and feminine, but practical, female armor
Not typical MMO female "armor" or unisex "storm trooper" armor that just happens to be wrapped around a curvier mesh, but more like Wonder Woman 1984. Perhaps it's something like a nano-woven honey polymer non-Newtonian ballistic cloth armor, very light and flexible, but effective.
If it ends up being too girly for men to wear without looking silly, that's fine. Some like to play that way, and there are plenty of other choices if not.

8) [AO] Flying carpet vehicle
A hover"bike" version you sit on, cross-legged, and a hover"board" version you can stand normally on, or dance on. Some simple or traditional pattern on them, not just a plain square of red carpet like Uncle Bazzit sells.

9) [both] Tiger Print outfit
A black and orange version of AO's Zebra Print outfit. SWL would need the original, too.

10) [AO] Non-dancing Uncle Pumpkinhead doll
A clickable toy like the Dancing Santa Doll, but it spawns a little Junior Pumpkinhead who says, "I can't dance, I can't sing, I'm just standing here scything everything." And then he swings his scythe and has a little deathcackle and poofs.
Bonus points if he approaches another nearby pet before he talks.

11) [both] balloons pet, in Halloween colors
Maybe make some of them pumpkin-shaped. Not much more to say about that. ...unless....
What if they weren't full of helium at all but were kept aloft by trapped spirits trying to escape back to the Shadowlands and you could occasionally see a blurry face pressed against the inside of the balloon, amid vague swirls of mist trying to hypnotize you into letting them out? Like the creepy spheres the Soul Hunters used in Babylon 5, but floating on strings like they're supposed to be cheerful.

12) (AO) a new mission from the Halloween leets, to infiltrate a monster party
A spooky old lonely mansion on top of a hill, maybe one of those hills in Holes in the Wall, with low lighting like the Abandoned Facility, and that old Halloween fog effect too, so even your own lighting doesn't reach far. Lots of jump scare monsters like Eremites and Grasping Tentacles and Shadowleets.
Get one of those morphs from the Halloween leets and you'll see it's actually a party, with tentacle mutants hitting on medusa and skeletons chatting around a punch cauldron and vampire transvestites doing the Time Warp or whatever, but as long as you keep the costume on, they're not aggressive. Run/creep/hover/squirm you way to some prize, and bring it back, or plant a recorder, or spike their punch, or set up them the bomb or something.
(The leets giving the mission would totally make ALL YOUR BASE references. In 1337sp24k. Possibly on their communicator, gloating to the monsters' boss when you return for your reward.)

13) [both] fishnet stockings with matching heels (or pumps) and booty shorts
- in dark red (matching AO's Vulcana)
- and rich purple (matching the Mysterious Cloak)
- and light blue (matching the Blue Bikini)
The SWL versions should similarly match some of the available corsets and/or bikini tops there.

14) [AO] nano to morph yourself into a large quabbit
So what if you can't dance or walk sideways or sit? You hop! Maybe with a little runspeed buff? Like +20 or so? Could it make you default to running forward unless you're actively holding down your "walk backwards" key to counter it?

15) [AO] flooded subway dungeon
An underwater maze of tunnels, like a submerged version of ToTW, with all the cultists replaced by sharks. You'll need SCUBA gear or an Underwater Breathing nano or something, like Adonis. Might explain why all the old subways are closed now. I bet someone forgot to account for the whole terraforming thing when they built those subways.

16) [AO] Any Color Bikini Top to go with the color changing thong in the shop
Classic basic triangle would be fine, and should be easy enough considering the Naughty List and Midnight Pumpkin and Devilish Grin are available for color changes. Or you could make it a bandeau like SWL has. Or minimal triangles for something new.
And that's just if you're not feeling too imaginative about it. As long as the colors match, we're not that picky about the style. You could make the cups shaped like the Anarchy logo and we'd probably still want it. We just need something that matches the bottoms we have.

17) [both] ocelot print bikini with some ocelot spot tats
Full set of body tattoos, like the Shade tats, but no mystical "armor" stats and wearable by anyone, with a matching minimal bikini or Speedo. Ocelot pattern is similar to leopard, but even cuter. Google has pages of reference material for ocelots and ocelot body paint.

18) [both] More Halloween colored shorts
... and AO still needs Midnight Pumpkin / Devilish Grin Boxers for girls, too! Seriously, with all this form-fitting one-size-fits-any-breed armor, how can those boxers not even have elastic and need a big package to hold them up? That just never made sense.

19) [AO] junker hoverbike
A hoverbike made of junk, like old reclaim terminals duct-taped to pieces of the old square player city social whompahs, with wires and hoses sticking out all over. Well, everywhere except the ratty-looking seat and crudely welded bicycle handlebars.

20) [both] "steamy bath censorship" costume
A little bit of strategically opaque white cloud underwear that emanates a particle effect like adventurer shields but with slow fluffy white cloud particles, aka "The Onsen Episode" costume. Great for screenshots in those Sunrise Station apartments and Tokyo bath houses. AoE nosebleed effect optional.

21) [SWL] tanga or thong bikini bottoms
Nothing fancy, just simple basic styles like AO's Midnight Pumpkin or White Thong, in at least the same colors as SWL's current bikinis. It always seemed odd that a game with such contemporary clothes and scandalous (Snake Charmer) costumes should insist on retro swimwear with coverage and ruffles. I mean, it's great to have that option, but not so much as the only two swimwear options.

22) [both] Figleet of your Imagination
An especially silly pet leet.

23) [AO] Campfire cauldron
Like a Winter Survival Kit with a cauldron on a tri-pod over it. A smaller version of the giant cauldron ARK brings to big parties. Click to spawn a temporary decoration, like the Winter Survival Kit.

24) [AO] Chess costumes
Black or white robes like the Tree Dress, with different hats for different Chess pieces, click to change piece, screwdriver to change color.

25) [AO] crystal ball with Psychic buff

26) [AO] Funhouse Morpher that casts a nano to temporarily randomize your height/weight settings

27) [both] that glass sphere the Goblin King juggled in Labyrinth, with a reflection still inside it of David Bowie's hands flowing around it
- (SWL) AoE pacify/slow gadget
- (AO) Shoulder/Util, on use AoE pacify/snare, levels up with Agility/Psychic

28) [AO] Shoulder-mounted Uncle Pumpkinhead dolls

29) [AO] A skeleton sitting on an electric chair at the end of the subway side branch (that safe dead end one no one ever goes to), doing energy dmg when approached (like a mini tower) and spawning a coffin when killed (like Loren) and black gift boxes (with a % chance to explode upon opening). On 1 hour respawn timer

30) [AO] I'm still waiting for the Halloween leets' shade morph to work as camouflage to get past the shades in U-Turn Forest.

31) [AO] some of the cool art and decorations used in random missions that you always wished you could take home and put in your apartment, dropped by generic humanoid mobs hanging around cities, named "Halloween Vandal"

32) [AO] Leetles poster (crossing a street in Omni-1 or something?)

33) [AO] candy corn backpack

34) [both] undead teddy bear costume, like an almost life-size version of the Childhood Memories one taken all apart and tied on as a costume

35) [AO] R.U.R. Leetbot (Rubi-Ka Universal Robots)

36) [AO] pet hover-cameras / recorders made of slightly smaller, disarmed Probe mobs
- (SWL) pet camera / surveillance drone, not necessarily Orochi brand, but probably one of their subsidiaries

36) [AO] Nanos to temporarily morph into a skeleton, like what the Reanimator does, or a ghost, like the Horror Ghost costume without having to unequip your gear

38) [both] Stillsuits or hunter-seekers or worm-riding gear or something from that new game you're working on, as a teaser

39) [AO] Flying Reaper morph, VA81 like the yalm/hoverbike nanos, but the same morph as the Halloween leets cast, just with flying enabled

40) [AO] clicky toy that makes it rain bacon in vicinity

41) [AO] Bellydancer thong
- Like the Purple Thong (from Item Store) with a thin gold chain belt worn low on the hips, with little gold tassels and coins

42) [AO] Cheerleet hotpants, with one big heavily made up eye on each cheek, giant eyelashes and all

42) [both] wireframe suit - back item that's just pitch black like the morph suit, but with one pixel wide white lines at the edges of all the polygons

44) [both] Low-rise boyshorts (to go with the tails in AO), and matching lacy balconette bras

45) [AO] cauldron backpack

46) [AO] Aunt and Uncle Pumpkinhead raid encounter
- It's been quite a year for the grieving pumpkin head's, it seems they've found love! Mrs. or Mr. or Thister Pumpkinhead has come to back their beloved in combat~! If you and your team can manage to weather the combined force of this dynamic duo, then PHATS will ensure your Halloween is more treat than trick!
- Docaholic's other ring MM MC BI ring with nano init and max hp
- Lindelu's stripped pajama's back item - nano skills evades ts skills AC's and coffee stains - special effect on click locks perception for 600 seconds 240 second buff 15 dm 15 evades 18 aggdef 2 crit increase 100 inits and -5 skill lock modifier
- Macrosun's actual punching gloves: 400-600 (666) 2/1.75 MA weapon with brawl dimach and fast attack
- Michizure's special earthquake machine: spawns a giant Mr. Squeaky that explodes and rumbles the ground (cooldown 1 min)
- Mean's Mr meany: a lvl 200 req variant of the patchwork defensive drone
- Raetos's unbiased belt: neut only version of belt of great justice
- A pack of Silirrion's deep fried steaks(100 stack): consumable gives the same buff as Silirrion scones but also polymorphs randomly into either a bronto, a shadow, or a rhinoman
- ShadowGod's bigger picture: painting for home that's just Mr. Squeaky destroying civilization.
- Vhab's factual damage calculator: hud 1 with add dmg 45 add off 45 add def -45
- Lucier's cup of strong liqour: 200-400(420) 1.4/1.4 1 hand blunt weapon with chemical dmg and 4% chance to stun enemy 6% chance to lower init's 1000 enemy for 30 seconds and a 2% chance to cast debuff on user "the worst kind of inebriated" that forces you to see in the old fisheye lens green of advanced scent sensor for a minute.
- Darkbane's Dark Bane: A weapon with a chance blinding the enemy reducing AAO by 500 ( I honestly cannot remember what weapon DB used rip.)
- Saavick's strap of Rubi-ka: a lowbie pistol that has a high chance of giving a small vehicle air and runspeed buff *activation effect: 30 minute cooldown beacon to Reet's Retreat.

47) [AO] a clickytoy that spawns a cloud of fireflies that are actually, if you zoom in close enough, tiny black drone spaceships with glowing orange engines

48) [AO] Teh Wicker Tweet - a pet / shoulder reet woven out of dried reeds

48) [both] the lockdown Wookiee "I really need a haircut" outfit

50) [AO] clicky toy that makes a "pollen cloud" effect like the Weird-Looking Candy Cherries, with additional pitch black and blood red floating dots

51) [AO] social that looks like old Newbie Island armor, but the unprotected areas are gorey wounds you can see the implants through
- note: you can't get Halloween loot on Newbie Island, or Arete, so wearing this shows what happens to you if you keep wearing that QL2 Low Tech Armor long enough to have implants.
- also good for role-playing a zombie or acting as the corpse extra in someone's YouTube video

52) [AO] Uncle Pumpkinhead doll helmet, Babyface style
- like your Junior Pumpkinhead pet turned on you, scythed your head off, and is standing on your neck, driving your corpse around
- equipping it makes you do his deathcackle animation

53) [AO] Nanomage Liberation Front piano

54) [AO] Bigmanforce statue (a player who makes YouTube videos)

55) [both] Like bath bombs, but for kitchens. Throw one in the sink and tentacle monsters spring out of it and grope and flail all around your fridge and cabinets and randomly cook you a meal with whatever they find and then slither away, leaving decent, if creepy, food, and a huge mess.
- (SWL) Could that actually summon a Filth Chef in certain "kitchen" areas to produce a consumable item?
- (AO) ... I don't actually know how that might apply other than as creepy descriptive text on something icky-looking.

56) [AO] Scotch chirop eggs
- like a Gestating Pustule reskinned to look like fried meatloaf with egg leaking out. Feeds a family of 12 or one Atrox.

57) [AO] make a bottlecap spawn in your inventory when you "use" a bottle of Ed's Zombie Brew or Pumpkin Juice or Mr. Pointy's "Not Fake" Blood or Bad Brew. Make them stack like bullets and leave them tradable so we can use them for currency

58) [both] I doubt the engine supports it, but it would be cool if there was a nano that could make a rainbow appear leading to your mission waypoint
- and if that is possible, a Halloween version could be a cloud of bats or a rolling jack-o-lantern or some such

59) [AO] Rick Astley costumes for pet Rollerrats
They're never gonna give up chasing you.

60) [TSW] pitchfork skin for hammers

61) [AO] "I survived Covid 19...but Uncle Pumpkinhead got me in 2HO" T-shirt
- changes into "I survived Covid 19...but got ganked by a (Clammer/Omlet/Newt) in 2HO" T-shirt

62) [AO] rollerpumpkin hat, like a basic rollerrat helmet, but comes all the way down to your neck, like a ski mask, with eye and mouth holes cut like a jack-o-lantern, in pumpkin orange, of course.

63) [AO] bring back the old pvp titles
- I'm not sure what that has to do with Halloween, except it seems a popular time for ambushing folks trying to loot Griefing Pumpkinheads

64) [AO] a "no sun" placard for protesting to turn down the orbital heat death ray

Thanks for your continued work on our favorite worlds and for reading (at least some of) this and letting us contribute some ideas to the holiday development cycle. I hope you find at least some of it useful or at least amusing.

- Jezebelle
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Return to General/Discussion