Christmas 2019 Brainstorming

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

Christmas 2019 Brainstorming

Postby Jezebelle » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:50 pm

It's a little earlier than usual, but just in case the recent instabilities slow us down again, let's start collecting Christmas ideas! In August! Okay, so by the time most of you read this, it'll be September, but whatever. If we get it done early, I won't still be writing it up when the SWL Halloween event starts.

As usual, I'm going to be collecting ideas for both SWL and AO, at parties, in forums, and on social media. There will probably be a few little things in AO. I'm not expecting yet another new encounter or dungeon, but they could always bring back something like the 12 Days tours. They seem to be into nostalgia lately. And SWL will most likely get The Christmas Conspiracy back. I know I said that last year, but that just makes it more likely this time, right? And maybe some new cache thing. Big ideas can still go in the list, of course. They can always be saved for later, and they're going to need something new after all the TSW holiday content has been ported to SWL. Ideas are always better than none.

There is no contest involved, and I'm not even keeping track of which idea is whose, because the best ones tend to be collaborations anyway. That's why I prefer collecting ideas at shows. Batting them around a bit and adding details and inspiring each other for more ideas is what brainstorming is about. Of course, sometimes ideas come up at inconvenient times, and if you think of something between shows and just want to get it written down before you forget, you can post it here in this thread or send it to me in a PM, or on the FC forums, or Facebook, or Twitter or whatever. Even Discord if I ever remember to log in there. I can just bring it up at a show later for the interactive bit.

The rules:

1) Don't infringe anyone else's Intellectual Property. There are Fair Use exceptions for parody and such, and oblique references are fine, but a direct copy of someone else's IP isn't going to happen. Grey areas are not worth the trouble of getting lawyers involved.

2) Items should be social in nature rather than providing a gameplay advantage. Minor conveniences and average gear, on par with the items we've had in previous years, are fine because that still comes out to a cosmetic difference from what's normally available.

3) Keep it within the game's rating and rules. Clothing can be pretty skimpy, like the various bikinis we already have, but remember, only monsters go to "clothing optional" beaches. Ingesting drugs or alcohol, including tobacco, is similarly prohibited. I don't recall anyone suggesting anything patently offensive in the past, but if even suggesting it would be against he EULA, it's probably not very Christmassy anyway. Then again... Krampus. So, you know. "Christmassy" is relative. We can leave the grey areas in on that one and let FC make the call.

4) New ideas are preferred. If you want to go back to last year's thread and copy one or two favorites, because they're still your favorite ideas, go ahead. I'll probably be doing that myself toward the end. Don't just paste the whole thread here, though. Similarly, please look over this thread before you add to it, to make sure someone else hasn't already said the same thing. (Just write your idea down first so you don't get distracted by all the shinies and forget yours.) If there's already something similar, adding some details and/or options to it is always good.

5) Contributing ideas to this list is understood to be freely, anonymously, contributing unsolicited ideas for FunCom to use or not, in whole or in part, as they see fit. Even if they end up using your original creation verbatim, by submitting your idea here, you're suggesting they do so and giving them the requisite rights to use your idea. It's kind of the whole point here. If you would prefer to sign your name to your idea and send it in yourself, you can just go to FunCom's forums or feedback form and do that.

Here are the lists from previous years, in case you want to copy some old favorites or browse for some inspiration for new ideas:

Christmas 2018
Christmas 2017
Christmas 2016
Christmas 2015
Christmas 2014
Christmas 2013
Christmas 2012 (thread is M.I.A.?)
Christmas 2011
Christmas 2010

The timeline:

Aug. 30 - Sep. 22 - (three weeks and an extra weekend) I'll be collecting Christmas ideas at all the GSP shows I can get to and posting them in this thread. I'll collect any ideas sent to me on forums, FaceBook, Twitter, or replies to this thread to also discuss at the shows.

Sep. 23 - Sep. 29 - (one week) GSP DJs, Staff, and Dancers vote on their favorite ideas, just to choose the order I'll list them in and decide which I'll spend a little more time detailing.

Sep. 30 - Oct. 6 - (one week) I'll write up the top 20 ideas in a big, detailed suggestion list with links to reference art, attach the remainder as additional brainstorming, and mail it to FunCom with a link back to this thread, in case they want to see any additional discussion we have about it here.

Oct. 7 - Oct. 15 - Halloween event will probably start the first or second week of October in SWL, then a week or so later in AO. Probably. So I should hopefully have this Christmas list all posted and submitted before the spooky festivities start.

mid-October through mid-December - FC normally starts planning the event roughly two months ahead to have time to plan, design, create, implement, test, and debug the new items and events. While we're enjoying Halloween is likely when they'll start working on Christmas.

Dec 11-18 - the AO Christmas event starts "usually" the Tuesday before Christmas, but Christmas is a Wednesday this year. SWL will surely add something new that needs patching, but they've been starting even earlier to have time for all those daily login rewards. So probably some time around the second or third week.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Re: Christmas 2019 Brainstorming

Postby Jezebelle » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:11 am

1) Virgin killer minidress, knit grey with silver threads

2) Green Spanx with red handprints

3) iridescent rainbow taffeta and opal bead steel boned corsets
- https://www.facebook.com/RainbowCurveCo ... 866699441/

4) starbrite mint bikini and stockings
- like this or this

5) frozen excavation site loot table
remove from the loot table:
- bearded box with bow (it's in Borealis)
- duplicate placards (just the one Snowflake Placard is enough)
- a snowflake shirt (keep either red or white)
- microphone
replace with missing items:
- Candy Cane prop weapon
- Santa Leet Doll
- Snowman
- Snowball Fighting Manual v2.1
- Old Fashioned Apple Cider
- Snow Shovel
- Igloo
- Present Placard
- Fruit Cake
- Bouquet of Winter

6) Pet snowman that moves like BB-8 by using the rolling animation from a rollerrat on the bottom snowball, but the two snowballs on top just lean forward
- creepy and cute variations

7) wassail

8) Rupert the Red-Nosed Swiftwind and/or Randolph the Bright-Horned Silvertail

9) a variation of the hula outfit, but with silver tinsel instead of a green lei, and a little microskirt made of holly, tied on with a mistletoe vine

10) a fairy godmother wand, the kind with a big star on the end, that you can equip to wave around and click to cast random sparkles

11) trox thong with a gingerbread man on the cabbage
- Maybe a couple different versions, featuring the various gingerbread cookies?
- Boxers with a repeating pattern of gingerbread men, hearts, and women?
- Thongs with any one of them - click to change - or gingerbread yuttos for the jokers

12) red satin babydoll and thigh-high stockings, white panties, green hollybough belt and sparse details.

13) marching baton, possibly spinning in your hand when clicked, red and white spiral like the candy cane, but straight and narrow, and a gold and purple marching band uniform to go with it

14) eggnog that gives a red and/or green sparkle effect

15) green version of Santa Hat

16) spray can of scent deletion nanos, or canned Christmas hearth smell, the smell of chestnuts roasting on a pine fire in a stove made of peppermint sticks

17) Icy mint gum so cooling it causes a brief snowstorm around you like a snow blower

18) a variation of the sleigh nano pulled by a team of antleets wearing jetpacks
- SWL version: mini-sleigh pulled by running antleets

19) mistletoe bikini bottom
- men's thong made from a holly leaf and two fir cones

20) Something like Adrienne's heart halves quest that involves cooperation with other players. Like cooperative snowman construction.

21) a shoort [sic] red and white skirt with a bikini top

22) bring back the social snowball nano (Snowball Throwing Manual v2.1)

23) friendly nano that causes a local snowfall like the snow blower toys, but longer lasting

24) New Backpack-- skinned as Ornament, snowflake, holly leaf, snowman’s head, Xmas tree, Star, wrapped gift

25) New vehicle-- Giant Candy Cane? The long skinny hover-bike might be re-workable as one
- the long straight part of the candy cane points forward and the hook comes up behind you for a backrest

26) Oversized sunglasses with holiday bling

27) Alien Leet Elf pet
- You know how the dog xenomorph in Alien3 came out a quadrupedal dog-like alien? Imagine a leet-hybrid alien like that, like one of those cricket-type aliens with a spiny tail and no front paws. Then he takes the hat and booties from the elfleet he spawned from to camouflage himself and infiltrate Santa Leet's workshop to sabotage the ongoing efforts to evict Grin'Cha's forces.
- Or just a leet-sized cricket alien with a hat if that's too much.

28) Snowball Grenade launcher
- like an OT-12 with a candy cane skin that fires the social snowballs on clicking, like Adrienne's bow does

29) full sized alien elf costume
- a more Christmassy version of the old Veteran alien costume

30) Scrooge as a boss in mission
- Apparently that's legal. "A Christmas Carol" is so old it's public domain. So there could be a mission with ghosts of past, present, and future, and even NPCs named Marley and Tiny Tim and a boss named Scrooge, and it would be fine. But I still like the idea of adapting it to AO by way of verbal history, passing down the story from one generation of leets to the next. And it doesn't take many leety retellings to totally confuzzle a story.
- The reward could include a Christmas Ghost version of the Halloween Horror Ghost costume that makes you translucent, and a Christmassy version of the shoulder ghost lamp.

31) Morninglight St Nicholas outfit
- the same outfit the ghost wears at the end of The Christmas Conspiracy, but opaque and in the Morninglight white & gold colour scheme, instead of translucent red and white, and maybe with a matching mitre

32) make stacks of Krampus rockets into a big Krampus “treat”? Like a boom and a large stinky cloud

33) lump of coal outfits

34) pet lump of coal (shem)

35) A minigame where you deliver construction paper to random children in the Tokyo slums.
- You choose either to give a red piece or blue piece to protect them from the appropriate Namahage.
- Getting a certain amount correct nets you the Morninglight Santa outfit.
- And if you’re a Dragon, rather than construction paper, it’s toilet paper (no kidding, the Korean ‘namahage’ sits in bathroom stalls to scare children).

36) yule log and fruitcake weapon skins

37) make the cookie frosting wearable

38) translucent pastel colored pet hecklers - rock candy

39) apartments that can hold more than a backpack
- maybe 100 items per apartment

40) a proper blouse and some nice slacks

41) silvertail with red and white stripes and a candy cane colored horn, still the horn shape

42) chocolate toffee

43) chocolate yalms

44) reindeer, wild and/or pet

45) UPH in Santa suit dancing doll

46) chocolate support beam
- maybe tear open the gift-wrapped one and take a bite

47) giant box that a character can burst out of, for screen-cap photos

48) SWL needs some Australian Christmas
- Christmas bikinis like AO
- Plastic stumps (three upright posts), plastic cricket bat (hammer skin) and a tennis ball

49) photo-op cutout Christmas scenes with holes so you can stand behind them and take a selfie

50) glowing red nose

51) a pet snowman who wakes up and throws snowballs at the Orochi drone pets to make them stop zapping the poor kitties

52) tiny pets
- a little mousie in a nightgown and cap, stirring a cup of tea
- a mouse-size antleet (in the Scrooge mission, with a stapler)

53) hockey stick hammer skin

54) flannel pajamas
- green and red plaid
- red and white check
- blue too, but please not faction-exclusive

55) snowball gizmo that looks like the snowball social emote, but inflicts a knockdown, confuse, or stun like a normal gizmo

56) candy cane hammer skin

57) weapon skins that look like toys
- pistols full of blinking lights and sparklers
- a frizbee for a chaos focus
- garishly colored rounded swords
- Carethulhu's pop-up book of greater demons
- super soaker shotgun

58) A dead pine tree strung with blinking UV LEDs and burgundy tinsel the color of dried blood

59) hot chocolate that buffs cold AC and chocolate craving resistance
- maybe +2 Stamina even, like an extruder bar

60) Grin'Cha doll
– it's not actually a plushie, it's what really happens to Grin'Cha when he just disappears without dropping the loot

61) a VR gaming rig with a simulation speed setting so you can get in a full week of gaming every night

62) a hippopotamus

63) a pet wooden cuckoo bird that escaped from a very large and slightly magical clock

64) a Bing Crosby mask and suit

65) white leet with red spots in a dalmation pattern

66) red and white color swap of the Oscura outfit, with some green details, like a holly brooch or a thin vine of mistletoe for a belt

67) QL0 MA special attack "Smack to the Smackitty Smack"
- inflicts embarrassment damage you can feel even if you're afk on a food run

68) QL 0.03 MA attack nano "Fists of Epicine", 1 damage for 1 nano, casting time -300, no cooldown, damage based on Heavy Weapons skill (and Martial Arts). Break that nano button off on some punk.

69) Slow Djinn Fizz - a carbonated drink made by intellectually challenged elemental spirits, so viscous that the bubbles take a full minute to rise to the top and pop

70) a tangled bunch of old school Christmas lights, like the fist-sized frosted bulbs and tear-shaped ornaments and boiling bubble lights, all too tangled to get on a tree, so they're held up in a big roughly tree-shaped tangle by a hovering drone, like the balloons inverted

71) a little black skullcap hat with a model yalm on top – a Yalmica

72) Christmas cards like the Valentines
[SWL] as long as there’s some solution to how much space they take up. Treat collectable holiday items like mission items. No inventory cost so things that were supposed to be gifts aren’t a burden. Or make a card box or folder or something that only takes one inventory slot and it holds any number of cards, but then we can take them out to trade them.

73) Omni-zon gift cards that can only be redeemed from the head office on Earth, postage not included
- Minimum order for free shipping is credits equal to the number of miles between you and the planet of origin

74) variation of the brick fireplace with no fire in it because the chimney is stopped up with a bag of gifts and a skeleton in a Santa suit

75) magic Christmas stocking like the box of chocolates, click to pull out a random tradable edible candy, one minute cooldown
– miniature candy cane
– chocolate santa leet
– gumdrops
– sugar plums
– peppermint patties
– chestnuts, already roased by either hanging the magic stocking too close to the fireplace or burning it on a stake for being magic
– raw chestnuts to put in a frying pan and hold in the fireplace
– leet treats
– a bronto burger (requested by Lue, of course)
- chocolate crispy mint discs
- orange and mint flavored chocolate sticks
- chocolate covered miniature Zix

76) Informer Snowman toy that says random things when you poke it, like mixes of Lovecraft and Snow: "Informer Cthulhu R'lyeh fhtagn Tekeli boom boom down"

77) Play Costume – Sixth Edition in Christmassy red with white trim and a ribbon bow instead of the neck tie

78) Christmas lights with more colors, particularly purples and pinks

79) make the gingerbread cookies tradable

80) leets with hovering zigball shoulderpads and candy canes tied to their tails with ribbons so they can play a holiday special zigball game – even if zigball isn't normally played with sticks because the tail hook is how you play it with no hands

81) Lantern-style shoulder-hovering leet with Santa hat and candy cane tail
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Christmas 2019 ideas list sent in

Postby Jezebelle » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:06 am

To whichever elves, space-elves, fae, notum miners, and/or code monkeys may be tasked with Christmas content for Secret World Legends and/or Anarchy Online,

Here's GSP's annual brainstorming contribution of Christmas ideas. Ideas were collected over three weeks of GSP parties, plus a few from the forums and some set aside since last year. GSP DJs, Dancers, and staff helped put them in order so I could fill in extra details on our favorites, but the whole list is here. One difference this year is I tried to limit the repeats instead of asking for the same things we ask for every year. We still want that stuff too, but I'm sure you still have the old lists, so just consider this an addition, rather than an update.

1) [both] Scrooge as a boss in a new Christmas Carol mission

Apparently that's legal. "A Christmas Carol" is so old it's public domain. So there could be a mission with ghosts of past, present, and future, and even NPCs named Marley and Tiny Tim and a boss named Scrooge, and it would be fine.

On the other hand, an adapation that fits the game world would be better than just retelling the original story. I like the idea of adapting it to AO by way of verbal history, passed down from one generation of leets to the next. And it doesn't take many leety retellings to totally confuzzle a story. Like Marleet is telling the story about how Tiny Tim is actually tiny, even from a leet's perspective. A talking mouse, perhaps. And also an enchanter. Like an agent shrunk down, morphed into a leet, and casting fireballs. And he's off to storm the castle... err.. office of some ICC credit-pincher named Scourge the Ebon Geezer, so greedy he stoled all the shineys from all the shuttleports and won't give any back, even for Christmas, so all the leets in Arete have to make do with stolen candy and no shinies and not a Christmas present ever. But the office is guarded by huge, mean humming bugs and three ghosts that have to be defeated in order. Or something like that.

Maybe in SWL all the spooky stories about some misanthrope stealing, commercializing, or otherwise ruining Christmas are on the verge of congealing into a new occult disaster that would let so many Krampus through that they'd overrun The Common Sense World and take all of Christmas to Hel. To save Christmas, the Ghosts of Past, Present, and Future have to be confronted in their own times, with some good old Agartha Time Travel. Or in Transylvania, New England, and Tokyo, which is pretty much the same thing.

The reward in AO could include a Christmas Ghost version of the Halloween Horror Ghost costume that makes you translucent, and a Christmassy version of the shoulder ghost lamp.

In SWL, maybe it's a ghostly glamour that makes you translucent, like the spirit of St. Nicholas, but doesn't change your outfit, just your alpha. Or Marley's chains wrap around you and rattle as you move. Or a little boy on crutches follows you around, dragging a huge Christmas turkey on a sled and occasionally calling out, "Gaia bless us, every one!" But not so often that you can't hear yourself think when there's three in a room.

2) [both] rolling pet snowman

Give the bottom snowball the rolling animation from a rollerrat and the top two just lean forward, so it moves like BB-8. I'm sure it's more complicated to implement than to describe, but it would be really cool if you could make it work.

Bonus points if it comes in creepy and cute variations.

3) [AO] bring back the social snowball nano

I don't know if there's a reason Snowball Fighting Manual v2.1 was retired, or it just got forgotten, but it's been quite a while so there are a lot of folks who have never seen it. Or at least they have new characters who have never seen it. It's become rather rare to be able to throw snowballs at each other.

There's really no reason for the Christmas Gifts or Frozen Excavation Site to drop any other Snowball Fighting Manual, as the only other one you need is the v2.2 for the Santa Leet's Workshop mission, which you get right there. So maybe you could just replace all instances of "Snowball Fighting Manual" (ID: 259898) or "Nano Crystal (Throw Snowball v2.2)" (ID: 294023) with "Snowball Fighting Manual v2.1" (ID: 284713) in those loot tables.

4) [both] A new mission or activity that encourages some cooperation

Something like Adrienne's "You've Got Heart" Valentine heart lantern quest or properly summoning Hel that involves cooperation with other players, but with new rewards to actually encourage us to make the effort. Maybe something like cooperative snowman construction, for example. Why are AO's snowman parts NoDrop anyway? Who builds snowmen all by themselves?

5) [both] glowing red nose

I know there's a clown nose in SWL already, but it doesn't glow. Something just like that, but glowing bright enough to cut through fog, and yet not so bright it blinds the wearer, might be tricky. Or magical. Probably both.

6) [both] a fairy godmother wand

The kind with a big shiny star on the end, that you can equip to wave around and click to cast random sparkles. The kind of thing anyone who ever wore rainbow fishnets, a fluorescent tutu, and a glow in the dark bikini to a rave always wanted, but less pharmaceutical-powered. And yes, once we had the wand, we'd probably ask for that outfit next. At least, I would.

7) [both] Play Costume - Sixth Edition, Christmas version

That's the sexy school uniform one, but in Christmassy red with white trim and a ribbon bow instead of the neck tie. Maybe some holly details, like holly on the back of the stockings.

8) [both] Hawaiian Christmas (tourist edition)

A variation of the hula outfit, but with a silver tinsel garland instead of a green lei, and a little microskirt made of holly, tied on with a mistletoe vine. In AO, that's the miniskirt/skorts type. The legs mesh, not the skirt mesh. If you have to put a green thong under it for censorship, that would be acceptable.

9) [both] Virgin killer minidress, knit grey with silver threads

Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Lucky2Buy-Sleeve ... B074HZBW1T

But a slightly looser knit so you can /almost/ peek through it, but still not actually see anything, and the silver threads give it a little bit of sparkle.

10) [AO] friendly nano that causes a local snowfall like the snow blower toys, but longer lasting

Preferably with a fluffy little cloud over you, but that's optional. If it has to have an effect, maybe 2 points of Fire AC, but the visual is enough. If the engine can handle everyone triggering a snowblower at once, it can handle everyone having this nano running.

11) [both] Christmas eve nightwear, just slightly naughty

A red satin babydoll nightie, maybe something like this:
https://www.wantitall.co.za/fashion/kra ... b07l845r9v

... with thigh-high stockings, white panties, and green hollybough belt. Maybe a little mistletoe detail on the front of the waistband, instead of the typical bow. That's pretty skimpy though, if you can see the bow with an opaque nightie that doesn't /actually/ ride up or flutter, so maybe it's just a bit more than slightly naughty.

Or how about something more like this:
https://www.amiclubwear.com/clothing-li ... 49red.html

So it goes a little lower in back, but ties in front and doesn't fully close. It only almost closes where it's tied at the waist with a holly-colored silk rope belt with little leaves. Or maybe it doesn't go lower in the back so it's a separate chest item and the lacy white panties and ruffle-topped wide fishnet thigh-highs are a separate leg item.

Okay, it's not slightly naughty, it's slight and naughty, but that's just a different kind of good, right?

12) [both] mistletoe bikini bottom

Either a Christmas bikini like the one AO already has, just with a mistletoe design on it, or one that looks like just some leaves and vines of mistletoe and holly. Like AO's "Leaves" outfits, but just the bikini part, not all the way down the legs or up the abdomen.

And a matching thong made from one holly leaf, two fir cones, and a ribbon for the menfolk.

13) [AO] green version of Santa Hat

14) [SWL] weapon skins that look like toys

- pistols full of blinking lights and sparklers
- an off-brand Frisbee-like flying disc for a chaos focus
- garishly colored rounded plastic swords with a silly amount of plastic jewelery on the hilt
- Carethulhu's pop-up book of greater demons
- super soaker shotgun
- a giant hollow candy cane full of other candy that swings like a hammer and breaks like a pinata
- a handful of regular candy canes between your fingers for a fist weapon
- classic Red Ryder BB Rifle, not guaranteed to shoot someone's eye out
- knotted up bundle of Christmas lights that glow with elemenatlism magic only when they're not plugged in

15) [AO] Icy mint gum so cooling it causes a brief snowstorm around you like a snow blower

And maybe gives you the "frosty breath" effect for a minute, too.

16) [both] Christmas cards like the Valentines

In AO, that only means one, but if you do that in SWL, just make sure there's some solution to how much space they take up. Maybe you could treat collectable holiday items like mission items, but still tradable? They have to have no inventory cost so things that were supposed to be gifts aren't a burden instead, like that horrendous blouse your sweet old aunt bought you at from a local independent artist. Or make a card box or folder or something that only takes one inventory slot and it holds any number of cards, but then we can take them out to trade them? Hopefully however you solve it, it'll apply to the Valentine's Day cards too.

17) [both] iridescent rainbow taffeta and opal bead steel boned corsets

https://www.facebook.com/RainbowCurveCo ... 866699441/

18) [AO] frozen excavation site loot table

This isn't something /new/, just an adjustment you could make to improve the Frozen Excavation Site. There's some redundant and superfluous stuff in those loot tables and some stuff conspicuously missing.

Remove from the Frozen Excavation Site's loot table:

- "Bearded Box with a Bow" (289578)
because "Bearded Box with a Bow" (289509) is the same thing, free in Borealis, with no timer

- duplicate Placards
just one is enough. I would suggest keeping "Snowflake Placard" (284717)
"No Snow Placard" (284718) and "No Antleet Placard" (284719) click to change into the same thing.

- kLoathing Holiday Series #1: Snowflake Shirt - Red (294519)
kLoathing Holiday Series #1: Snowflake Shirt - White (294520) - no need for both, for the same reason

- Microphone (156764)
It's cheap and tradable and not Christmas-exclusive in the first place. I'm not sure why this was in Christmas Gifts to begin with.

Replace with missing items:

- Candy Cane (301706)
- Santa Leet Doll (274172)
- Snowball Fighting Manual v2.1 (284713)
- Giant Snow Shovel (289501)
- Snowman (300859 or 274261)
- Present Placard (259925)
- Fruit Cake (259922)
- Bouquet of Winter (259937)
- Igloo (289522)
- Old-Fashioned Apple Cider (289491)

19) [both] starbrite mint bikini with candy cane stockings

This is an old favorite that keeps getting requested every year. I tried to minimize the repeats in this list, but this one's kind of a tradition. I even drew my own examples twice because I couldn't find any reference images close enough to what was suggested.

like viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21449&p=177432#p177432

or viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21449&p=226775#p226775

But with better shoes. I never did get around to fixing the shoes on those.

20) [AO] Alien Leet Elf pet

You know how the dog xenomorph in Alien3 came out a quadrupedal dog-like alien? Imagine a leet-hybrid alien like that, like one of those cricket-type aliens with a spiny tail and no front paws. Kinda like Leetzilla, now that I think of it. Then he takes the hat and booties from the elfleet he spawned from to camouflage himself and infiltrate Santa Leet's workshop to sabotage the ongoing efforts to evict Grin'Cha's forces.

Or just a leet-sized cricket-type alien with a hat if that's too much.

21) [AO] apartments that can hold more than a backpack

I know it's not exactly a Christmas thing, but someone suggested that's what they really wanted for Christmas, and there was more than one voice of agreement. 100 items per apartment was requested, but maybe that's a bit high. Wallpapering it with posters seems excessive. Or not. I mean, we don't have paint. There must be some good number in between that would feel less arbitrarily restrictive without taxing the engine too much.

22) [SWL] Australian Christmas
- Christmas bikinis like AO
- Plastic stumps (three upright posts), plastic cricket bat (hammer skin) and a tennis ball

23) [both] tiny pets
- a little mousie in a nightgown and cap, stirring a cup of tea
- a mouse-size antleet (in the Scrooge mission, found next to a stapler)

24) [AO] "Fists of Epicine"
- QL 0.03 MA attack / nano, 1-3 damage for 1 nano, damage based on 70% Heavy Weapons skill, 25% Brawling, and 15% Martial Arts, with casting time -300 and no cooldown.
- Break that hotkey /off/ on some punk.

25) [both] a shoort [sic] red and white skirt with a matching bikini top

26) [both] a little black skullcap hat with a model yalm on top - a Yalmica

27) [both] unicorn/silvertail with red and white stripes and a candy cane colored horn (normal horn shape)

28) [both] Christmas lights with more colors, particularly purples and pinks

29) [both] make the cookie frosting wearable

30) [SWL] A minigame where you deliver construction paper to random children in the Tokyo slums.
- You choose either to give a red piece or blue piece to protect them from the appropriate Namahage.
- Getting a certain amount correct nets you the Morninglight Santa outfit (#60 on this list).
- And if you're a Dragon, rather than construction paper, it's toilet paper (no kidding, the Korean 'namahage' sits in bathroom stalls to scare children).

31) [both] flannel pajamas
- green and red plaid
- red and white check
- blue too, but please don't make them faction-exclusive

32) [both] photo-op cutout Christmas scenes with holes so you can stand behind them and take a selfie

33) [both] Green Spanx with red handprints

34) [both] new backpacks
- ornament
- snowflake
- holly leaf
- snowman's head
- Xmas tree
- Star
- wrapped gift

35) [AO] leets with hovering zigball shoulderpads and candy canes tied to their tails with ribbons so they can play a holiday special zigball game
- even if zigball isn't normally played with sticks because the tail hook is how you play it with no hands

36) [both] Oversized sunglasses with holiday bling

37) [both] marching baton, possibly spinning in your hand when clicked, red and white spiral like the candy cane, but straight and narrow, and a gold and purple marching band uniform to go with it

38) [AO] QL0 MA special attack "Smack to the Smackitty Smack"
- inflicts embarrassment damage you can feel even if you're afk on a food run

39) [both] Snowball Grenade launcher
- like an OT-12 (from AO) with a candy cane skin that fires the social snowballs on clicking, like Adrienne's bow does

39) [AO] magic Christmas stocking like the "Chocolate Exultation" Gift Box, click to pull out a random tradable edible candy, one minute cooldown
- miniature candy cane
- chocolate santa leet
- gumdrops
- sugar plums
- peppermint patties
- chestnuts, already roased by either hanging the magic stocking too close to the fireplace or burning it on a stake for being magic
- raw chestnuts to put in a frying pan and hold in the fireplace
- leet treats
- a bronto burger (requested by Lue, of course)
- chocolate crispy mint discs
- orange and mint flavored chocolate sticks
- chocolate covered miniature Zix

41) [AO] make the gingerbread cookies tradable

42) [SWL] a pet snowman who wakes up and throws snowballs at the Orochi drone pets to make them stop zapping the poor kitties

42) [both] red and white color swap of the Oscura outfit, with some green details, like a holly brooch or a thin vine of mistletoe for a belt

44) [AO] Grin'Cha doll
- it's not actually a plushie, it's what really happens to Grin'Cha when he just disappears without dropping the loot
- bonus points if you can actually script that to appear in his place when he does despawn without any loot

45) [both] a proper blouse and some nice slacks
- not the awful one your fashion-blind but well-meaning free-trade shopping local-artist supporting aunt picked out, bless her heart

46) [both] a variation of the Phasefront Sleigh nano pulled by a team of antleets wearing jetpacks
- SWL version: mini-sleigh pulled by running antleets

47) [both] Informer Snowman toy that says random things when you poke it, like mixes of Lovecraft and Snow: "Informer! Cthulhu R'lyeh fhtagn, tekeli boom boom down!"

48) [both] pet lump of coal shem/heckler

48) [both] a hippopotamus

50) [AO] trox thong with a gingerbread man on the cabbage
- Maybe a couple different versions, featuring the various gingerbread cookies
- Boxers with a repeating pattern of gingerbread men, hearts, and women
- Thongs with any one of them - click to change - or gingerbread yuttos for the jokers

51) [both] lump of coal outfits

52) [both] a VR gaming rig with a simulation speed setting so you can get in a full week of gaming after work every night

53) [AO] Omni-zon gift cards that can only be redeemed from the head office on Earth, postage not included
- Minimum order for free shipping is credits equal to the number of miles between you and the planet of origin

54) [both] wassail
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wassail

54) [both] Rupert the Red-Nosed Swiftwind and/or Randolph the Bright-Horned Silvertail

56) [both] eggnog that gives a red and/or green sparkle effect

57) [both] spray can of scent deletion nanos, or canned Christmas hearth smell, the smell of chestnuts roasting on a pine fire in a stove made of peppermint sticks

58) [AO] Giant Candy Cane vehicle
- the long skinny hover-bike might be re-workable as one
- the long straight part of the candy cane points forward and the hook comes up behind you for a backrest

59) [AO] full sized alien elf costume
- a more Christmassy version of the old Veteran alien costume

60) [both] Morninglight St Nicholas outfit
- the same outfit the ghost wears at the end of The Christmas Conspiracy, but opaque and in the Morninglight white & gold colour scheme, instead of translucent red and white, and maybe with a matching mitre

61) [SWL] make stacks of Krampus rockets into a big Krampus "treat", like a boom and a large stinky cloud

62) [SWL] yule log and fruitcake weapon skins

63) [both] translucent pastel colored pet hecklers/shems - rock candy

64) [both] chocolate toffee

65) [AO] chocolate yalms

66) [AO] reindeer, wild and/or pet

67) [AO] Uncle Pumpkinhead in a Santa suit dancing doll

68) [AO] chocolate support beam
- maybe tear open the gift-wrapped one and take a bite
- Tobler1000

69) [both] giant gift box that a character can burst out of, for screen-cap photos

70) [SWL] hockey stick hammer skin

71) [SWL] snowball gadget that animates like the snowball social emote, but inflicts a knockdown, confuse, or stun like a normal gadget

72) [both] A dead pine tree strung with blinking UV LEDs and burgundy tinsel the color of dried blood and black lace garland

73) [both] hot chocolate that buffs cold AC and chocolate craving resistance
- maybe +2 Stamina even, like an extruder bar

74) [both] a pet wooden cuckoo bird that escaped from a very large and slightly magical clock

75) [both] a Bing Crosby mask and suit

76) [both] white leet with red spots in a dalmation pattern

77) [both] Slow Djinn Fizz
- a carbonated drink made by intellectually challenged elemental spirits, so viscous that the bubbles take a full minute to rise to the top and pop

78) [both] a tangled bunch of old school Christmas lights, like the fist-sized frosted bulbs and tear-shaped ornaments and boiling bubble lights, all too tangled to get on a tree, so they're held up in a big roughly tree-shaped tangle by a hovering drone, like the AO balloons pet inverted

79) [AO] variation of the brick fireplace with no fire in it because the chimney is stopped up with a bag of gifts and a skeleton in a Santa suit

80) [AO] Lantern-style shoulder-hovering leet with Santa hat and candy cane tail

Thanks again for reading and letting us participate in the making of festivities, and thanks for continuing to bring more festivites to our favorite worlds. I hope you found something useful, interesting, or at least amusing here and we're all looking forward to seeing whatever the holidays bring!
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Return to General/Discussion