Suggestion for addon to gridbot

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

Suggestion for addon to gridbot

Postby Gimpeline » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:05 pm

I'm not sure if it is possible, but would it be possible to make a add on to gridbot so it sends out alerts via tells to subscribers when ninja shows or regular shows/events are happening?
It would be really usefull for people like me that loves a good show, but don't use social media
Gimpeline

Re: Suggestion for addon to gridbot

Postby Jezebelle » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:02 am

I know some of the old channel bots, like NeutNet, were offered as limited announcement services in the past. I don't use them, so I haven't been keeping up with what's available now, and as far as I know, we never took them up on the offer before. Usually all I hear about those bots is drama, but I guess that goes with just not paying attention the rest of the time.

I'm sure we could find one that's amenable if there was enough interest, and those are set up to talk to subscribers already, whereas GridBot, to my knowledge, would need a fair amount of work to add a "listener" privilege level. I'm sure Griddy will correct me if I'm too far off base there.

Does anyone know anything about available announcement bots that seem relatively stable and light on drama?
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Dharzee » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:25 pm

There's a mass messaging bot (spam bot) named Lightnet that a few people have suggested I try using. Usually they've mentioned it while I was DJing, right after I posted OOC and /shouted advertisements. Then by the time the show is over I forget to check it out. It appears to have a 'general' channel that I guess would possibly be appropriate for those kinds of messages/notices.
#BlameDharzee
"I'm in love with my lust, burning angel wings to dust" - Nightwish, Wish I Had An Angel
Dharzee
Training Wheels Officer

Postby Gimpeline » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:17 pm

I know that Ark is working on a bot that will make announcements about events. They have been talking about it in Greencloaks meetings. Might be an idea to get Gridstream announcements about shows included in that one?
Gimpeline

Postby Gridfan » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:27 pm

Gimpeline wrote:I know that Ark is working on a bot that will make announcements about events. They have been talking about it in Greencloaks meetings. Might be an idea to get Gridstream announcements about shows included in that one?

That certainly seems ideal. Regular scheduled shows and large special events would be ideal for those kinds of announcements.
Gridfan
Gridstream Developer

Return to General/Discussion