Life Update

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

Life Update

Postby Kriegshammer » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:19 am

Hi everyone! :)

I just wanted to drop in and say Hi and let you guys know what's been going on in the Metal HAMisphere.

We left Munich some weeks ago and moved to Kempten, or Cambodunum, as the Romans called it. This town is big enough to have everything we need but still affordable. The important pieces for the flat are still missing - couch, kitchen and internet access, but that should all be done in a week or two from now. A very nice and spacey flat we found us there! Perfect for our little family.
Which brings me to the next update - our daughter's first birthday was three weeks ago and we celebrated camping in Italy. That was a welcome break from the move which is dragging out longer than expected.
In my free time I read and listen to metal - and sometimes catch myself announcing the next song in my playlist. You see, I miss GSP! I'm tuned in when I can manage it, but free time is scarce these days.

Rock on! \m/

- Ham
Kriegshammer
I Am Legend

Re: Life Update

Postby Dharzee » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:28 pm

:shred:
#BlameDharzee
"I'm in love with my lust, burning angel wings to dust" - Nightwish, Wish I Had An Angel
Dharzee
Training Wheels Officer

Postby Joanwilder » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:17 pm

Great to hear from you Haminator, glad life seems to be treating you well! Best wishes to you and your family! <3
Joanwilder
GSP Crew

Postby Kermie » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:33 am

great to hear that you are doing well!
Kermie
GSP Crew

Postby Shigy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Glad to hear from you. Sounds like a lovely holiday. Hopefully you get the rest of what you need for the flat soon.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Gridfan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:39 pm

So now we'll call you The Warhammer of Kempten?

Das Kriegshammer von Kempten?

(sorry if I mangled the grammar there, my German is lower than basic)
I also pondered: Der Kempten Kriegshammer
But no clue how that grammatically sounds in German.
Gridfan
Gridstream Developer

Postby Jezebelle » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:57 am

Sounds busy, but the good kind of busy and going great! Getting that internet thing going might make it easier to stop in and say hi for a song or two.

And you'll have to let us know what the holidays are like in Cambodunum.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Gridfan » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:46 am

I googled Kempten and looked at the images....

Click play on this while looking at the image below....https://soundcloud.com/akise-5/sets/fairy-tail-ost

Fuck you Kriegs...for a CRPG afficianado like me this is like catnip..... you actually live in the town next to it... (edge of it barely seen behind that large pine tree).

We only have this, in the middle of our fjord.

Damn I'm jealous of where you live Kriegs.
Gridfan
Gridstream Developer

Postby Kriegshammer » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:20 pm

Griddy, your fjord looks darn amazing too! I love the open water!

Concerning grammar it would be "der Kriegshammer von Kempten" but that was pretty good actually! :)
"Der Kempten Kriegshammer" is also pretty good (nailing the singular male definite article), but I guess we'd add a suffix and make it "Der Kemptener Kriegshammer"

But enough of this - because, sadly, in SWL someone beat me to the name of Kriegshammer (and also Ham) :rant: So if you'd like to contact me there, Hamurai is the name of my main at the moment. Hope to see you around, because the internet is working like a charm now :)

Edit: And btw, that castle is Neuschwanstein, that#s close to were I live now, but that village behind the tree is not Kempten. We have about half an hour drive there.
We do have some really nice old buildings there, though. Kempten was a Roman town so we have some of their heritage, too.
Kriegshammer
I Am Legend

Return to General/Discussion