SWL: unable to access account

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

SWL: unable to access account

Postby Caliana » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:21 am

Anyone else having troubles getting transferred over to the new version of the game?

I was just playing the other week and took it for granted that I would remember my account info and be able to just pull up TSW and see my login name saved there. Now that SWL has gone live, my account info is blank, and I can't get into my account to do the link up or anything. I've tried the username/password recovery thing several times, each time it saying it sent me an e-mail, but none received in any box (inbox, that stupid focused/other thing my hotmail's using, junk, etc). I finally sent a direct e-mail to their CS and am waiting for a response, but in the meantime I'm wondering if anyone else if having trouble converting.
Caliana - 9 Swords, Rapier Division
Zellira - GSP Dancers, Leader
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Re: SWL: unable to access account

Postby Dharzee » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:17 am

Logging in to TSW and/or SWL is working fine for me. Sorry to hear that you're having issues :(
Did your TSW patch to SWL? I know that happened to some people and that might've wiped your username from the login screen maybe. But it shouldn't have futzed your account.
#BlameDharzee
"I'm in love with my lust, burning angel wings to dust" - Nightwish, Wish I Had An Angel
Dharzee
Training Wheels Officer

Postby Caliana » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:24 am

Dharzee wrote:Logging in to TSW and/or SWL is working fine for me. Sorry to hear that you're having issues :(
Did your TSW patch to SWL? I know that happened to some people and that might've wiped your username from the login screen maybe. But it shouldn't have futzed your account.

Yeah, mmy TSW converted itself to SWL after a 1g patch. Which I thought was weird, cause a friend of mine said theirs did not, and they had to download 20g of SWL. I don't know what they did differently than me (like maybe they jumped the gun and did a separate download for SWL, while I just lazily waited). It definitely wiped out my user name saves though. I need to start writing these things down, I'm getting too old for this. :crazy: (my account itself isn't futzed as much as much as it's I can't remember my username apparently, and password/username recovering doesn't seem to be working)
With luck Funcom will get this resolved for me soon, and I'll be back in action. ^.^

Are you enjoying SWL?
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Dharzee » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:35 am

Caliana wrote:With luck Funcom will get this resolved for me soon, and I'll be back in action. ^.^

Are you enjoying SWL?

Your account/password should be the same for TSW and SWL, so if you were trying to use the TSW side to do the recovery... it might be slow since it's the old game. Might try it from the SWL side? Or might just need to wait for customer service people to get crackin' during the week maybe.

I played some in the Beta and enjoyed it. The mechanics are different enough to be intriguing without being too different. Only just today got logged into the Live server since it took me two days to download the SWL client. Haven't done much besides get my character started so far.
#BlameDharzee
"I'm in love with my lust, burning angel wings to dust" - Nightwish, Wish I Had An Angel
Dharzee
Training Wheels Officer

Postby Vallikat » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi Cali!

One thing to bear in mind with your account: If you plan to do the legacy transfer you must be using the same account in both. It won't work if you create a new account in SWL. So hopefully, as you said, you do hear from customer service soon. I just didn't want you to give up and decide to just create a new account. Also, saw this on Twitter yesterday:

Funcom Help‏ @FuncomHelp 19h19 hours ago
More
I hope to help manage expectations.

Current Wait Times:
Live Chat: Greater than 1 Hour
In Game Petition: 2 Days
Email: 4 days

The forced patch of SWL overtop of TSW is an issue and folks have been fairly vocal about it. There are some workarounds mentioned in this thread. Steps that worked for me (after screwing up first and having it overwritten):

1. COPY %localappdata%\Funcom\TSW and paste it into a new location where you can readily access it. Your settings are here and the installer overwrites some of them.
2. Open your TSW directory and edit the LocalConfig.xml to be the exact same as the one provided by Funcom: http://cdn.funcom.com/downloads/tsw/cli ... Config.xml
Make it read-only.
3. Download and install TSW from your account page
4. Start the client in order to run any patches it will then wish to run.
5. Copy the copy of %localappdata%\Funcom\TSW back into it's original location.
Vallikat
Station Manager & Events Lead

Postby Caliana » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:24 am

Awesome, I'll just have to try to be patient then.

Thankfully Steam just had a summer sale, so I picked up a few games; some for nostalgia. This has not been my week for games though, because I just installed Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption to relive the glory and the game is too dark and can't be adjusted for some reason (World of Darkness indeed, right? :lol: ). It does add an interesting challenge to run through the game blind fighting everything though, desperately attacking the darkness and trying to bite stuff.
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Dharzee » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:08 am

Caliana wrote: desperately attacking the darkness

Attacking the darkness you say?
#BlameDharzee
Dharzee
Training Wheels Officer

Return to General/Discussion