Christmas 2016 Brainstorming

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

Christmas 2016 Brainstorming

Postby Jezebelle » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:55 am

The Pumpkin Spice Everything is back on the shelves, so it's time for Christmas ideas! Yeah, it's a little odd to be thinking of snow and warm velvet coats when it's Dragon*Con temperatures out there, or vice versa, but that's what we have the internet for, right? Just look up the weather reports for a friend on the other side of the globe and call it a time window to December.

As usual, I'm going to be collecting ideas for both TSW and AO on the same list, since it's the same team that will be making them anyway, and some of the ideas overlap, and an idea meant for one might inspire a related idea for the other.

There is no contest involved, and I'm not even keeping track of which idea is whose, because the best ones tend to be collaborations anyway. That's why I prefer collecting ideas at shows. Batting them around a bit and adding details and inspiring each other for more ideas is what brainstorming is about. Of course, sometimes ideas come up at inconvenient times, and if you think of something between shows and just want to get it written down before you forget, you can post it here in this thread or send it to me in a PM, or Facebook, or Twitter or whatever. I'll bring it up at a show later for the interactive bit.

The rules:

1) Don't infringe anyone else's Intellectual Property. There are Fair Use exceptions for parody and such, and oblique references are fine, but a direct copy of someone else's IP isn't going to happen. Grey areas are not worth the trouble of getting lawyers involved.

2) Items should be social in nature rather than providing a gameplay advantage. Minor conveniences and average gear, on par with the items we've had in previous years, are fine because that still comes out to a cosmetic difference from what's normally available.

3) Keep it within the game's rating and rules. Clothing can be pretty skimpy, like the various bikinis we already have, but remember, only monsters go to "clothing optional" beaches. Ingesting drugs or alcohol, including tobacco, is similarly prohibited. I don't recall anyone suggesting anything patently offensive in the past, but if even suggesting it would be against he EULA, it's probably not very Christmassy anyway. Then again... Krampus. So, you know. "Christmassy" is relative. We can leave the grey areas in on this one and let FC make the call.

4) New ideas are preferred. If you want to go back to last year's thread and copy one or two favorites, because they're still your favorite ideas, go ahead. I'll probably be doing that myself toward the end. Don't just paste the whole thread here, though. Similarly, please look over this thread before you add to it, to make sure someone else hasn't already said the same thing. (Just write your idea down first so you don't get distracted by all the shinies and forget yours.) If there's already something similar, adding some details and/or options to it is always good.

5) Contributing ideas to this list is understood to be freely, anonymously, contributing unsolicited ideas for FunCom to use or not, in whole or in part, as they see fit. Even if they end up using your original creation verbatim, by submitting your idea here, you're suggesting they do so and giving them the requisite rights to use your idea. It's kind of the whole point here. If you would prefer to sign your name to your idea and send it in yourself, you can just go to FunCom's forums or feedback form and do that.

Here are the lists from previous years, in case you want to copy some old favorites or browse for some inspiration for new ideas:

Christmas 2015
Christmas 2014
Christmas 2013
Christmas 2012 (thread is M.I.A.?)
Christmas 2011
Christmas 2010

The schedule:

Sep. 12 - Sep. 26 - (two weeks) I'll be collecting Christmas ideas at all the GSP shows I can get to and posting them in this thread. I'll collect any ideas sent to me on forums, FaceBook, Twitter, or replies to this thread to also discuss at the shows.

Sep. 27 - Oct. 3 - (one week) GSP DJs, Staff, and Dancers vote on their favorite ideas, just to choose the order I'll list them in and decide which I'll spend a little more time detailing.

Oct. 4 - Oct. 17 - (two weeks) I'll write up the top 20 ideas in a big, detailed suggestion list with links to reference art, attach the remainder as additional brainstorming, and mail it to FunCom with a link back to this thread, in case they want to see any additional discussion we have about it here.

some time mid-October - FC normally starts planning the event two months ahead to have time to plan, design, create, implement, test, and debug the new items and events. We should have the Christmas ideas to them before they're done making Halloween, so when they're ready to start planning Christmas they'll have just gotten our list.

some time around Dec 14-23 - the AO Christmas event starts shortly before Christmas. How shortly depends on whether they're doing a "12 Days" event. It's been a few years since they did that, so maybe it's time to do that again. TSW usually adds something new, too, but hasn't started that early yet, and both usually run though New Year's. It's hard to guess what the exact schedule will be before they even decide what they're doing, so I just aim for early.
Last edited by Jezebelle on Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Re: Christmas 2016 Brainstorming

Postby Jezebelle » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:55 am

1) black rollerskates with rainbow laces and rainbow colored wheels that leave rainbow trails (TSW)

2) t-shirts
- Krampus t-shirts
- T-shirt of The Stationmaster: “Agartha Moustache Rides” (TSW)
- "Elves are Slave Labor" t-shirt and/or placard
- "I saved Christmas, yet again, and all I got was this lousy" t-shirt, and if you fail the T-shirt quest, you should just get your free inventory filled with coal. Or get morphed into a lump of coal, like a black mini-heckler

3) leets
- Krampus leet
- yeti leet
- tinsel leet - either a leet who's gotten all tangled up playing in tinsel or wearing tinsel like dreads, like a silver Bob Marleet
- leets in tuxedoes that make them look like penguins

4) Thigh-high Christmas stockings, all varieties
- red and white and green stripes
- white and lacey with red bows
- red stockings with white lace, etc

5) Christmas lingerie
- strappy lingerie with deep rich purple lace panels and bright red ribbon straps
- gift bow bra and/or full red ribbon gift outfit
- Strappy Stripey Candy bikini and thigh-highs from last year

6) something like a reindeer-drawn sleigh vehicle (TSW)
- maybe pulled by leather harnessed elves
- or all the shems (unlock like Happy Feet)
- or alcoholic wendigoes, or nightmares, or all of the above once the animation is in place for them

7) a hand-held version of the Museum statue (TSW)
- invite your friends to your museum and they can buy them from your gift shop
- Maybe make some other presets, like for major NPCs, or the devs
- Scrivnomancer action figure with Power Quill Mightier-than-the-Sword action!

8) low-QL Wen Wen with a little Santa Hat that shoots snowflakes (AO)

9) bring back the social Throw Snowball v 2.1 nano (and add it to TSW)
- maybe with a more useful name? Soft snowball, maybe? Or loose?

10) temporary hair dyes in festive colors

11) Santa Claus golem (TSW)
- or put a hat on a green Samsu Nasiru and call it the revenge of Gumby Claus, finally bigger than all the things and anxious to make them go squish for a change

12) squirrels in Agartha (TSW)
– are leets what happens when squirrels eat the giant nuts of Agartha trees?

13) bring back the Phasefront Sleigh nano (AO)

14) fix Santa Leet's workshop and other Christmas problems (AO)
– an Elfleet to teleport lowbies who can't grid between ICC and Meetmedere
- stop Grin'Cha corpse insta-despawning before you can loot
- sorting room zix were supposed to die in one snowball - how about giving them low HP so they die in one hit?
- more wild leets to hunt - they were too rare last year and got hunted to extinction as soon as they spawned
- find a better hiding place for that one hidden gift on top of the northeast buildings in Borealis with the candy canes nanospray; it's not reachable by lowbies

15) flares that say “Ho Ho Ho!” (TSW)

16) pet North Pole-style elves
- pointy ears, green felt outfit, green santa hat and curl-toed slippers, real short, toolbelt full of wooden tools for 1850's carpentry

17) Turn Newland City into Santa's Village (AO)
- like that one year there were little robots scampering around NLC and you had to catch them to get a snowman.

18) regifting boxes that can wrap up "Rarity: Social" items so you can trade them again (AO)
- that would be a lot of work; they'd need either a new box item for every Social item or a new per-object variable for it

19) harem pants to go with the bellydancer top (AO)

20) Christmas bikinis
- Naughty List Bikini variants (and copy the original to TSW)
- Santa Hat bikini: fluffy red and white nipple shields like miniature Santa hats and another triangular hat flattened out and tied on with ribbon below
- snowflake bikini
- faux fur bikinis in assorted critter patterns: leet and predator and hyena and swiftwind
- river pebble “heckler” bikinis
- reet feather bikinis
- mistletoe and holly bikinis

21) tandem waltz (TSW)

22) Santa Claws weapon
- painted wooden blocks like a toy from the 1920s, with halves of safety scissors between them

23) candy cane and icicle themed weapons (TSW)
- social weapons with visual effects that we can peel the skin off and apply to useful weapons
– or make the candy canes social toys and the icicles skins like the golden Anniversary ones

24) Christmassy drinks
- Egg nog
- Hot Cocoa/Chocolate with marshmallows/whipped cream
- mulled wine
- fire tongs punch (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feuerzangenbowle) - sounds just like something Krampus might have on those first few tables in Niflheim
- perhaps some kind of TSW visual effect like a wintery Animanhattan? Something like filtering the distant colors cooler and the nearby colors warmer?
- hot toddy

25) Gingerbread houses with a witch living in them (TSW)
– collect gingerbread pieces and assemble a house to get a pet witch and gingerbread house decorations

26) Advent calendar, or whatever nondenominational name you prefer for daily login gifts
- Most common are those with sweets every day, but it could be a nice place to hide the daily bags or some random things. Or do it out of game as website and give something else every day. Like one day a discount on some shop stuff, another day a code for an ingame item like a hat or something. or just a creepy voice message from the developers, a new wallpaper.

27) a belt of sleighbells wielded like a whip to summon reindeer

28) reindeer mounts

29) Segway-like mounts (TSW)
– Orochi Ourway will take you down the garden path and beyond!

30) Great White Boomers (kangaroos) as a mount or a pet
- per the traditional Aussie Christmas song

31) Australian-style upside-down bikini Christmas beach barbecue parties
- because AO is a summer planet, so it fits there, and in TSW, we can just have those parties at the oasis in Egypt, until you get around to making an Australian zone
- barbecued beef sausages and chilled spiced cider (“snags and bevvies”)
- graham crackers and chocolate and marshmallows for s'mores after the barbecue, because they're /not/ Australian, so the American visitors need to bring those for the Aussies to try
- thongs - the "flip-flop" footwear kind - see also "Christmas bikinis"
- water guns (and white t-shirts to go with them? There are no kids around at TSW Christmas parties.)
- cricket bats
- sea monster harness and water skis as a hydro vehicle, based on Adventuring skill instead of Water Vehicle
- tongs and BBQMate
- Make the BBQMate (or Sporkula) use Melee Energy skill and actually cook the food itself. The bonfire is just for atmosphere.

32) succubi in skimpy elf costumes
- they are sex demons after all, so fireproof Christmassy lingerie and an elf hat would work

33) red and green versions of the Perfumed Morning Robe with matching stocking hats

34) felt antlers (AO)
- like the ones Antleet wears, like the ones in TSW

35) personal snowstorm nano or aura
- or just summon snow weather effects, or snowing white fluffy cloud or something like that

36) Mission: Santa's missing the sheet music for the Christmas carol and we need to track them down, like a continuation of the Magic Flute mission

37) more ways to obtain Aspect of the Quabbit (AO)

38) The Beast dancing doll with a Santa hat (AO)

39) Grin'Cha plushy (AO)

40) white and red versions of the Bunny Outfit of Gridstream Productions

41) red ryder b.b. gun
- with both a blind proc for the target and a slightly less likely one for the user

42) Gift box costume
- overlaps you, so that you disappear inside it when you sit down and your head, arms, and hands clip on out of it when you move

43) Knit Slouch Hat, red, white, and green

44) sugarplum fairy costumes
- in separate parts, including a tutu as separate back item, like the fanny packs

45) Stationmaster's fascinating pocketwatch (TSW)
- appears in your hand when you click it so you can stand there and stare at it like the Stationmaster, works like Nassir's groovy gun

46) red bikini top with a white fishnet shirt over it
- or green with red, etc

47) sexier ski outfits, like the stereotypical "ski bunny" getup

48) working skis, or a snowboard
- to go skiing in Penumbra or the Carpathian Fangs

49) electric cowbell with a wooden handle
- because cowbells are metal, but acoustic
- equipping cowbells should give a bonus to Adventuring, to really explore that space

50) little pet/doll sized rhinomen with cowbells dancing in a circle, shouting "Ooka chaka!"
- Blue Swede – Hooked on a Feeling

51) cookie frosting as a wearable item

52) ice horses
– like the opposite of the usual fire-breathing Nightmare

53) Rompa Balloons
– like the hovering Balloons pet, but just two pink balloons with one lacy string between them as a decoration or pet

54) polar bear and panda costumes
- a big fuzzy battlesuit with a panda head
- snowman panda: black and white and fluffy with a carrot nose

55) a set of blessed dice we can keep in our inventory and click to roll and pray to RNGesus

56) d20 ball gag
- because RNG is gonna give it to you however it wants, so shut up and take it

57) magic leet ball
- little round ball with a leet face
- you push the button and it says the usual 8-ball answers, but in leet-speak

58) naughty elf costume, elf hat
- like Luella's dress
- green version of the Santa Hat

59) snow hecklers with carrot noses and top hats

60) elf morph nanos (AO)
- turns you into a tiny elf, like the Grind Girl morph, but a short, medium Opifex with 50% scale, a random head, one shoulder green fairy dress, green Santa hat, and green and red slippers
- preferably works on anyone, not just females

61) red and white teddy bears, and/or white polar bear dolls

62) pumpkin spice thneeds
- but that's from The Lorax, so some other name for an amorphous universal widget that can be anything you need, and whatever it is, it's always pumpkin spice flavored
- "Pumpkin Spice Anything" perhaps

63) indoor decorations (AO)
- in Reet Retreat, The Grind, general stores, holodeck arbiter's office, Freelancers agency offices, Borealis underground bar, The Cup, Babboons and Rompa

64) Niflheim Tiny, Christmas party edition (TSW)
- wearing just a little mistletoe and holly, maybe tinsel hanging from her horns

65) christmas lights wrapped around the hands, lit with anima (or nano)

66) gold thong and tinsel boa

67) polar bear, white tiger, and snow lion pets and paw mittens

68) wreath backpack (AO)

69) red, green, and white plaid flannel pajamas with footies
– back flap unbuttoned with cute bear undies

70) /texting emote
- and visible cellphones and looking at the cellphone when accessing maps, menus, skills, etc.
- similar emote for using a nanodeck if you have one

71) decorate the cities more
– trees in Brooklyn and Ealdwich parks
- little tree or menorah or “Happy Holidays" in shop windows
- Santa hats or antlers on NPCs
- more snowmen and strings of lights, like over the shop signs
- then the snowmen wake up and attack, or aliens pop out of them, or aliens come to attack them because they're allergic to snow

72) a snowglobe big enough to dance in

73) snow, snow accumulation, and street-lit night snow in the cities

74) Christmas cowbells
- candy cane designs on the wooden handles
- snowflakes etched into the sides of the bell

75) jester hats and shoes
- gold and red and green with jingle bells
- not to be confused with elf hats and shoes

76) belly dancing animation
- like the Stygian dance and belly combo

77) pet long-hair fluffy white cats, Persians for example, with little red santa hats

78) Satan Claws
- Kitties of Ulthar covered in blood and snow so they look like they're wearing red and white suits, but they're still made of claws and fangs

79) Christmas crackers with party hats, British style

80) gift wrapped weapon skins (TSW)
- wrapping paper and ribbon still on them, ripped where necessary

81) hand-held candy cane props for TSW like the ones AO has (TSW)
Last edited by Jezebelle on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Jezebelle » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:57 am

[Second reply also reserved because I'm just consistent like that. Go ahead and append new ideas and discussion after this, though.]
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby DaddyLes » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:08 am

MORE HAND-WAVY THINGS!

The only thing I ever see in anybody's hand in TSW is either a weapon or that torch that comes from whichever-mission-it-is. The people demand a big, wave-able candy-cane! Or something else Christmassy... like a flogger. In festive colours.
The dark's patience is infinite.
Eventually, even stars burn out.
DaddyLes
Best Speakiest Personage

Postby Jezebelle » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:39 pm

Sure, I can add a hand-held candy cane to the list, like the ones AO has, but it's time for voting now. Stuff added to the end of the list after voting starts still gets on the list, it just isn't going to get the extra detail the top 20 get.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Sent.

Postby Jezebelle » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:00 am

Dear Michizure and team,

The GSP crowd has come up with another list of Christmas ideas to help brainstorming this year's events. As usual, I've been collecting these since last Christmas, but most came from two weeks of asking around at GSP parties, then the DJs, staff, and dancers sorted them into this order to pick out which ones I'd put a little more time and detail into, but the whole list is here, because brainstorming. All ideas here are provided anonymously for the express purpose of helping your Christmas brainstorming and hoping you might like some enough to use them. To the best of my knowledge, there's no intellectual property infringed here.

1) Christmas lingerie

We always have several lingerie ideas on these lists. Always something a little different, but the specifics are less important than just wanting something new and sexy. There were some good examples and specifics brought up this year, though.
- strappy teddy or bra set with deep rich purple (like the Mysterious Cloak) silk and lace panels and shiny bright red (like red Christmas Gift ribbon) ribbon straps
- gift bow bra and/or single red ribbon and bow as an outfit (I think that's been on this list every year so far)
- the Strappy Stripey Candy bikini and thigh-highs I posted on the GSP forums last year (original design because I couldn't find examples to link to) viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21449&start=20#p226775

2) decorate the cities more

Both games could use a little more holiday spirit in the city areas. AO has the trees and presents, but last year, that was about it. Was there a snowman in ICC? Halloween got strings of lights and skeletons and decorations all around the towns, but Christmas was business as usual everywhere but these concentrated centers of specific decoration. It was a bit disconcerting. And TSW got no decorations.
- decorated trees in Brooklyn and Ealdwich parks
- little trees or menorahs or "Happy Holidays" in shop windows
- Santa hats or antlers on some NPCs
- more snowmen and strings of lights, like over the shop signs
- then the snowmen wake up and attack, or aliens pop out of them, or aliens come to attack them because they're allergic to snow

3) Thigh-high Christmas stockings

Yes, hosiery is a separate category from lingerie, even though AO requires thigh-high stockings to be part of the same texture that goes up to the waist. I'm still hoping you'll some day have time to make a lingerie, tattoo, and piercing layers for TSW. For now, perhaps they could come with a choice of matching bottoms. Something skimpy and sexy, like lacy panties with bows and garters, or something more outerwear, like a miniskirt over those panties.
- red and white and green stripes (online stocking examples are all white and either red or green, so how about alternating the red with with a pencil thin green line, like http://thumbs4.picclick.com/d/w1600/pic ... Ribbon.jpg )
- white and lacey with red bows
- red stockings with white lace
- sheer with white snowflakes and a few silver threads, like tinsel
- basic red and white candy cane pattern, like the ones with the "Strappy Stripey Candy bikini" above, which I would be great in separate bikini parts with and without the stockings

4) personal snowstorm nano or aura

A white fluffy cloud over your head, gently snowing, would be cool. Kind of like a Winter Wisp, but less glowy and energetic, more fluffy and calm. Maybe a bit more snow than the wisp materializes. Or just summon snow weather effects out of nowhere. Maybe a nano/anima thermal damping field originally designed for infrared cloaking, adapted to chill the air and cause humidity to condense and crystalize.

5) indoor decorations (AO)

Not as thorough as the ones ARK places out for a big party, but just a few items added to common and social indoor areas. A string of lights here, a candelabra and snow globe there, the indoor Christmas Tree we make with Pine Trees and Ornaments, not the giant ones in town. The new "holiday mode" systems should work in indoors areas too, right? I would hope the nanites could even construct those right in front of us when the time comes, without having to expire and reload the instance.
- Reet Retreat
- The Grind
- general stores
- holodeck arbiter's office
- Freelancers agency offices
- Borealis underground bar
- The Cup
- Baboons
- Rompa Bar

6) /texting emote

We've suggested this before, but it's not in yet and we still want it. Mostly for TSW, I guess, but an AO version could be neat. Basically, once you get around to the cellphone skins thing you were talking about way back when, we'd like to not only see our cellphones, but use them. For both role-playing and immersion, it would really be cool to see us hold up and tap on our phones when we're accessing our maps and skill menus, or the built-in browser, or the item store. Like the map scrolls in Elder Scrolls Online. That automatic part should probably be optional, though. Not everyone would want to advertise the fact that they're not currently aware of their surroundings. It should also just be manually available as an emote to start when you're AFK or on the phone or whatever, and leave running until you get back.

The AO version could just be the same thing, but using a nanodeck instead of a cellphone. If you have a nanodeck, that is. If not, maybe just some mystical finger-waving? Drawing in the air like a cartoon finger chalkboard?

7) Christmassy drinks

A whole bunch of these were suggested again, starting with the usual suspects, but there were some interesting new ones, too.
- Egg nog (virgin or with brandy and spiced rum, or peppermint schnappes, or kahlua, bourbon, cognac, Admiral Sugarfree Rum, whatever's handy - it would be fun to get it plain and mix our own, too, but as I understand it, the ratings prohibit actually calling it alcohol at all, so maybe the eggnog has a splash of something mysterious to chemically warm you up and it can magically taste like any of those)
- Hot Cocoa/Chocolate with marshmallows/whipped cream and steam
- mulled wine
- hot toddy
- fire tongs punch (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feuerzangenbowle) sounds like exactly the thing Krampus would have on those first few tables at the entrance of Niflheim
- perhaps give those warm drinks some kind of TSW visual effect like a wintery Animanhattan? Something like filtering the distant colors cooler and the nearby colors warmer?

8) t-shirts

What was the last new t-shirt we even got in AO? The Entvine ones? We used to get t-shirts for everything, even for just finding a dev in game. I think we're due for some t-shirts. Maybe TSW could use some Christmas t-shirts, too.
- Krampus t-shirts
- T-shirt of The Stationmaster: “Agartha Moustache Rides” (TSW)
- "Elves are Slave Labor" t-shirt and/or placard
- "I saved Christmas, yet again, and all I got was this lousy" t-shirt, and if you fail the T-shirt quest, you should just get your free inventory filled with coal. Or get morphed into a lump of coal, like a black mini-heckler
- "Global Warming is a Myth" on the front "All the Myths are True" on the back, because in TSW, it hasn't snowed in Brooklyn in five years.

9) candy cane and icicle themed weapons (TSW)

There's a giant candy cane, a candy cane grenade launcher, and an icicle sword in AO. They could use a few more, I guess, but TSW has none yet. They could be social weapons with visual effects, like the flute and torch, but with a normal weapon type, so we can peel the skin off and apply it to useful weapons if actually using a candy cane in combat fits our character concept. Or if there are too many issues mixing social and hostile weapons, maybe just make the candy canes social toys and the icicles ready-to-use skins like the golden Anniversary ones.

10) snow, snow accumulation, and street-lit night snow in the cities

I haven't personally finished the main story of TSW yet, but whenever this is brought up, no one seems to have any in-game explanations for why there's never a change to the weather in TSW. Maine is clearly October country, obviously caught in some kind of temporal anomaly. Seoul rains 24/7. Egypt is just dry, so however it ranges from hot to cold, there's not likely to be snow. The mountains of Transylvania somehow seem to be snowy here and there, as opposed to now and then.

So what about New York and London? Unless TSW is a world where climate change has progressed to the point that it never snows in those places any more, there should be snowfall, snow banks, accumulation on the ground and trees and buildings, etc.

Rubi Ka, of course, has an excuse, but that doesn't keep people from wanting to see snow, even if it's fake. Maybe an elfleet drunk on magic eggnog gets into the terraforming controls somewhere and makes small areas of snowfall for the duration of the holiday event?

11) sexier ski outfits, like the stereotypical "ski bunny" getup

Something tight fitted and showy, more suited to sipping those Christmassy drinks in a warm ski lodge than actually staying warm on the slopes. A bit warmer than the lingerie that was under the ski suit. (That's suggestion #1 anyway) Somewhere in between is a happy medium, possibly involving tights or leggings, a smallish (faux) fur-trimmed jacket (with an almost/completely unzipped variant) and earmuffs or a fur-trimmed hood.

12) pet long-hair fluffy white cats, Persians for example, with little red santa hats

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-stati ... 502-20.jpg

13) Christmas bikinis

I'm surprised this wasn't in the top ten this year, but it's close. As usual, we have a bunch of specific examples to suggest, some the same as every year, and some new ones.
- Naughty List Bikini variants, like white with mistletoe or wreath designs and red straps, green with red treeballs and white straps, and of course, copy the original to TSW
- Santa Hat bikini: fluffy red and white nipple shields like miniature Santa hats and a g-string like a tiny Santa hat tied on with ribbon
- snowflake bikini: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21449&p=177365#p177365
- faux fur bikinis in assorted critter patterns: leet, predator, hyena, swiftwind, etc.
- river pebble “heckler” bikinis
- reet feather bikinis
- mistletoe and holly bikinis

14) naughty elf costume, elf hat

We've been asking for Luella's dress for Halloween, too. Pairing that with a green version of the Santa Hat and the holiday slippers or socks we already have in TSW would make it an elf costume. The "naughty" part is making it maybe an inch more showy here and there. Short enough to be an AO miniskirt, so you can copy it there.

15) regifting boxes (AO)

I realize this would be a lot of work, but it would really be great if we could wrap up "Rarity: Social" items so we can trade them again. Or give the extra bikinis and boxers to someone who can wear them instead of deleting them. The real trick would be preventing people from wrapping up a microphone and selling it, saying it's the Affectionate Bikini. You might have to just leave the description of the contents in the wrapped gift's description or make re-wrapping turn it back into a random gift box. It's a complicated and thorny proposition, but if you guys can think of a way to do it, we'd love to have that option.

16) white and red versions of the Bunny Outfit of Gridstream Productions

And copy it to TSW, too. Unless you're saving that for the lingerie layer, for the fishnets. There's not much more to say about that.

17) Turn Newland City into Santa's Village (AO)

Remember that one year there were little robots scampering around NLC and you had to catch them to get a snowman? Those same snowmen that are dropping again, but are now NoTrade. Could we do something like that again, but with more decoration, ane maybe some snow? If a drunk leet were to sneak into a ventillation duct, thinking it was the one in MeetMeDere, and "accidentally" break the terraforming systems to make it snow, it would probably get fixed right away in ICC, but in Newland? Maybe it would take a couple weeks. And then all the Antleets and Iceleets would have someplace comfortably chilly to congregate. And Elfleets could stand around some fireplaces, serving warm drinks and directing you to Santa Leet. Or there could be a different Santa Leet there than the one in ICC. One who asks what you want for Christmas and gives you a hint where you can get it.

18) magic leet ball

A little round ball with a leet face. You push the button and it says one of the usual 8-ball answers, but in leet-speak.

19) christmas lights hand wrap

A string of lights wrapped around each hand, lit with anima, or nano, and twinkling merrily.

20) tandem waltz (TSW)

Probably the most complex thing we thought of this year besides the regifting boxes. I know you've mentioned wanting to do this before but it was prohibitively complex. A waltz is probably the simplest to choreograph symmetric dance animations for, and TSW's limitation on scale differences at least makes it more feasable than AO. If you're running low on new dance animations to introduce and feel like tackling the challenge, a lot of us would quite enjoy having this option.

21) leets
- Krampus leet
- yeti leet
- tinsel leet - either a leet who's gotten all tangled up playing in tinsel or wearing tinsel like dreads, like a silver Bob Marleet
- leets in tuxedoes that make them look like penguins

21(tie) a set of blessed dice
- keep them in your inventory and click to roll and pray to RNGesus
- and a matching d20 ball gag, because RNG is gonna give it to you however it wants, so shut up and take it

23) a snowglobe big enough to dance in

24) Australian-style upside-down bikini Christmas beach barbecue parties
- because AO is a summer planet, so it fits there, and in TSW, we can just have those parties at the oasis in Egypt, until you get around to making an Australian zone
- barbecued beef sausages and chilled spiced cider (“snags and bevvies”)
- graham crackers and chocolate and marshmallows for s'mores after the barbecue, because they're /not/ Australian, so the American visitors need to bring those for the Aussies to try
- thongs - the "flip-flop" footwear kind - see also "Christmas bikinis"
- water guns (and white t-shirts to go with them? There are no kids around at TSW Christmas parties.)
- cricket bats
- sea monster harness and water skis as a hydro vehicle, based on Adventuring skill instead of Water Vehicle
- tongs and BBQMate ( http://wiltshirebbq.com.au/sites/defaul ... 20copy.png )
- Make the BBQMate (or Sporkula) use Melee Energy skill and actually cook the food itself. The bonfire is just for atmosphere.

25) red bikini top with a white fishnet shirt over it
- or green with red, etc

26) fix Santa Leet's workshop and other Christmas problems (AO)
- an Elfleet to teleport lowbies who can't grid between ICC and Meetmedere
- Santa Leet's teleporter has been in R&D for years. Shouldn't he have fixed it to teleport you back to ICC by now?
- stop Grin'Cha corpse insta-despawning before you can loot
- sorting room zix were supposed to die in one snowball, but that would take two scripts - so how about giving them low HP so they die in one hit instead? Or they have -32767 Cold AC and the Elfleet buffs us with a short term change damage type to cold?
- more wild leets to hunt - they were too rare last year and got hunted to extinction as soon as they spawned
- find a better hiding place for that one hidden gift on top of the northeast buildings in Borealis with the candy canes nanospray; it's not reachable by lowbies - or put a Win button there that launches them onto that roof

27) bring back the social Throw Snowball v 2.1 nano (and add it to TSW)
- maybe with a more useful name? Soft snowball, maybe? Or loose?

28) red and white teddy bears, and/or white polar bear dolls

28(tie) Christmas crackers with party hats, British style

* Santa Claus golem (TSW)
- or put a hat on a green Samsu Nasiru and call it the revenge of Gumby Claus, finally bigger than all the things and anxious to make /them/ go squish for a change

* flares that say “Ho Ho Ho!” (TSW)

* Santa Claws weapon
- painted wooden blocks like a toy from the 1920s, with halves of safety scissors between them

* red and green versions of the Perfumed Morning Robe with matching stocking hats

* red ryder b.b. gun
- with both a blind proc for the target and a slightly less likely one for the user

* Knit Slouch Hat, red, white, and green

* electric cowbell with a wooden handle
- because cowbells are metal, but acoustic
- equipping cowbells should give a bonus to Adventuring, to really explore that space

* more ways to obtain Aspect of the Quabbit (AO)

* felt antlers (AO)
- like the ones Antleet wears, like the ones in TSW

* black rollerskates with rainbow laces and rainbow colored wheels that leave rainbow trails (TSW)

* Segway-like mounts (TSW)
- Orochi Ourway will take you down the garden path and beyond!

* Great White Boomers (kangaroos) as a mount or a pet
- per the traditional Aussie Christmas song

* Gift box costume
- overlaps you, so that you disappear inside it when you sit down and your head, arms, and hands clip on out of it when you move

* harem pants to go with the bellydancer top (AO)

* Gingerbread houses with a witch living in them (TSW)
- collect gingerbread pieces and assemble a house to get a pet witch and gingerbread house decorations

* Advent calendar, or whatever nondenominational name you prefer for daily login gifts
- Most common are those with sweets every day, but it could be a nice place to hide the daily bags or some random things. Or do it out of game as website and give something else every day. Like one day a discount on some shop stuff, another day a code for an ingame item like a hat or something. or just a creepy voice message from the developers, a new wallpaper.

* working skis, or a snowboard
- to go skiing in Penumbra or the Carpathian Fangs

* Rompa Balloons
- a decoration or pet like the hovering Balloons pet, but just two pink balloons with one lacy string between them

* polar bear and panda costumes
- a big fuzzy AO battlesuit with a panda head
- snowman panda: black and white and fluffy with a carrot nose

* snow hecklers with carrot noses and top hats

* polar bear, white tiger, and snow lion pets and paw mittens, and tails and ears

* belly dancing animation
- like the Stygian dance and belly combo

* hand-held candy cane props for TSW like the ones AO has (TSW)

* cookie frosting as a wearable item

* Stationmaster's fascinating pocketwatch (TSW)
- appears in your hand when you click it so you can stand there and stare at it like the Stationmaster, works like Nassir's groovy gun

* elf morph nanos (AO)
- turns you into a tiny elf, like the Grind Girl morph, but a short, medium Opifex with 50% scale, a random head, one shoulder green fairy dress, green Santa hat, and green and red slippers
- preferably works on anyone, not just females

* Niflheim Tiny, Christmas party edition (TSW)
- wearing just a little mistletoe and holly, maybe tinsel hanging from her horns

* Christmas cowbells
- candy cane designs on the wooden handles
- snowflakes etched into the sides of the bell

* sugarplum fairy costumes
- in separate parts, including a tutu as separate back item, like the fanny packs

* red, green, and white plaid flannel pajamas with footies
- back flap unbuttoned with cute bear undies

* something like a reindeer-drawn sleigh vehicle (TSW)
- maybe pulled by leather harnessed elves
- or all the shems (unlock like Happy Feet)
- or alcoholic wendigoes, or nightmares, or all of the above once the animation is in place for them

* a hand-held version of the Museum statue (TSW)
- invite your friends to your museum and they can buy them from your gift shop
- Maybe make some other presets, like for major NPCs, or the devs
- Scrivnomancer action figure with Power Quill Mightier-than-the-Sword action!

* low-QL Wen Wen with a little Santa Hat that shoots snowflakes (AO)

* temporary hair dyes in festive colors

* squirrels in Agartha (TSW)
- are leets what happens when squirrels eat the giant nuts of Agartha trees?

* bring back the Phasefront Sleigh nano (AO)

* pet North Pole-style elves
- pointy ears, green felt outfit, green santa hat and curl-toed slippers, real short, toolbelt full of wooden tools for 1850's carpentry

* a belt of sleighbells wielded like a whip to summon reindeer

* reindeer mounts

* succubi in skimpy elf costumes
- they are sex demons after all, so fireproof green Christmassy lingerie and an elf hat would work

* Mission: Santa's missing the sheet music for the Christmas carol and we need to track them down, like a continuation of the Magic Flute mission

* The Beast dancing doll with a Santa hat (AO)

* Grin'Cha plushy (AO)

* little pet/doll sized rhinomen with cowbells dancing in a circle, shouting "Ooka chaka!"
- Blue Swede - Hooked on a Feeling

* ice horses
- like the opposite of the usual fire-breathing Nightmare

* pumpkin spice thneeds
- but that's from The Lorax, so some other name for an amorphous universal widget that can be anything you need, and whatever it is, it's always pumpkin spice flavored
- "Pumpkin Spice Anything" perhaps

* gold thong and tinsel boa

* wreath backpack (AO)

* jester hats and shoes
- gold and red and green with jingle bells
- not to be confused with elf hats and shoes

* Satan Claws
- Kitties of Ulthar covered in blood and snow so they look like they're wearing red and white suits, but they're still made of claws and fangs

* gift wrapped weapon skins (TSW)
- wrapping paper and ribbon still on them, ripped where necessary

And that's it for this year! Thanks for reading and for letting us contribute to your idea pool. We'll all be looking forward to seeing what Santa Leet and Krampus bring us this year... as soon as the Halloween events are over. Speaking of which, I'm gonna go do that now. Thanks for all the work you guys put into our favorite games! Happy Pumpkin Spice Season!

- Jezebelle
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Shigy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:08 pm

Thanks for all the work you put into this Jez :)
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Jezebelle » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:11 am

Thanks for helping with the ideas and votes, everyone! And I'm happy to do it. It's fun. Spreadsheets and all.

What's extra cool is having this list mentioned on the AO front page news. And since the question comes up now and then about whether they actually use our lists, check out #1, #6, and #16 on our last Halloween 2016 Brainstorming list. The separate catgirl uniform is also something we've previously suggested. I can't wait to see what happens in TSW in the next couple weeks.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Return to General/Discussion