My Farewell...

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

My Farewell...

Postby Ashval » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:05 pm

So, I tried to do this retirement thing back in 2011. Somehow GSP sucked me back in for another five years. If I keep doing this, nobody is going to believe me when I say I'm quitting.

This time it's for real.

Probably.

;)

In all seriousness, I do firmly believe that I've hit the end of the road when it comes to my time with GSP. My health has deteriorated of late, and I can no longer consistently enjoy my shows. As many of you know, I've been cutting back on both my DJ time and my managerial role with the station in the hopes of preventing this outcome. Unfortunately, I've reached the point where I simply have nothing left to give to GSP.

It's been one helluva ride though.

I have so many memories that I will carry with me from this experience. GSP has been a huge part of my life for the last 12 years or so. I've gained friendships that will last a lifetime. I've experienced music that I would have never have found without my fellow DJ's and the listeners. Mostly though, I've gained a sense of pride for carrying on a tradition that was started by DJ Tarryk. Through the highs and lows (and a lot of blood, sweat and tears), GSP continues to entertain the masses with a focus on the communities in both AO and TSW. It has truly been an honor to be entrusted with both the directorship and ownership of GSP. It was a responsibility that I never took lightly. Maybe too seriously sometimes, but never lightly!

I'm stepping away from the station at a time when GSP is poised for continued greatness. New blood is stepping in to bring fresh talent to the stream. The station continues to have a strong presence in both the AO and TSW communities. Internet radio stations may have some serious hurdles to overcome on the licensing front in 2016, but I'm confident that GSP will find a way to endure...just as it always has. I'm handing over ownership of the station to a man who has been a friend I could always count on during my time with GSP. He shares my love for this station, and he has the respect of the staff. Shigy will be the new owner of GridStream Productions starting in 2016. He will be strongly supported by our current leadership group of Station Managers - Kriegshammer, Gemmikins, Vallikat and Daydreaming. The station is in good hands. I apologize in advance, however, if he ends up changing the station logo to a kangaroo or koala. Aussies are weird. :)

My final show as DJ Trevalin will be on December 23rd. My final show with GSP will be as DJ Ashval on December 30th during the usual Eye of the Storm show slot.

Please don't think that you're all getting rid of me though! As my health and time allows, I definitely plan to drop in on the shows. Trevalin will remain active in the TSW roleplay community after I take a bit of a break to recharge. I have way too many amazing friendships in GSP to not find a way to keep in touch and experience the shows. I will be around.

I want to send a heartfelt thank you out to all of the GSP staff (past and present), the GSP Dancers, ARK & Funcom and most importantly...you the listeners. If any of you feel like you owe me gratitude for the times we've shared over the years, then all I ask is that you show our current DJ's the same level of support that you've shown me. The DJ's are nothing without all of you. Believe me, there have been times that the support you've shown me has helped me through some very rough times in my life. From the early days of a packed Rumble Room in Reet's Retreat to the warmth I've felt from the TSW roleplay community at the Crusades on Wednesday nights, this has been an incredible experience.

I will always look back on my time with GSP and smile. It has been my deepest honor to be a part of it.

Thank you.

<3

DJ Ashval/DJ Trevalin (and DJ Veldron once upon a long time ago)
I may be retired, but I'm GridStream for life.
Ashval
Former Station Owner & Deacon of Doom

Re: My Farewell...

Postby Talidro » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:05 am

Not allowed sir!
Talidro
GSP Dancer

Postby Shigy » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:16 am

You've done more than any other one person for this station. I'm sad to see you go and I'll miss your shows mate. I understand why you are leaving though which is all anyone can ask for. So thanks for everything you've done.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Joanwilder » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:28 am

You will be missed. Thank you for everything hon.
Joanwilder
GSP Crew

Postby Dharzee » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:52 am

:(
#BlameDharzee
"I'm in love with my lust, burning angel wings to dust" - Nightwish, Wish I Had An Angel
Dharzee
Training Wheels Officer

Postby Samalicious » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:15 am

Thank you for the time, dedication, and effort you've put into GSP. Thank you most of all for the music. I hope your health improves and that I can make it to one of your last shows. I rarely log in but I listen in. Thank you for the drunken crazy, the metal, the insane hours of DJ'ing. I'll miss ya Batman.
Image I am the Goddess of my Destiny and Bringer of Love.
Samalicious

Postby Lia » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:19 am

I <3 you, my bff. *hugs*

Thanks for everything!
Community Liaison & Music Enthusiast
IG: Iolanthe - Lia Lester
'La Belle Dame Sans Merci'
Lia
Unstoppable!

Postby WestVillager » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:41 am

Right when I get here, huh? What can I say but, "thank you?" Your hard work, along with everyone else's, helped me find another place to belong.

I look forward to, someday, seeing you at my shows. How weird will that be?
WestVillager
Post Hunter

Postby Ashval » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:02 am

WestVillager wrote:Right when I get here, huh? What can I say but, "thank you?" Your hard work, along with everyone else's, helped me find another place to belong.

I look forward to, someday, seeing you at my shows. How weird will that be?

Don't drop that torch. ;) Time to pass it on to you youngsters.
Ashval

Postby Jezebelle » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:25 am

Thank you so much for coming back and keeping our home alive for five more years and even expanding out into a second game with its vibrant, enthusiastic community that keeps bringing more fresh new faces to our family. Thanks for the awesome shows and the kick ass music, some of which I can even understand now! You did an amazing job, Ash, and we're gonna miss your shows, but you have to take care of you. Well, okay, maybe Kira has to take care of you, but you should help.

I have plenty of confidence in the new leadership and I'm sure GSP will continue to thrive and we're not gonna miss you at all because you won't be far away. I hear someone has even been inviting past DJs to join her on the stream Friday nights, so maybe we'll even hear you live again from time to time.

See ya at the next show, Ash! *hugs*
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Mivat » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:00 am

It's been a long, long run, and now might be the time for a rest. Even though I haven't been active in the GSP-community in a very long time I will say this: I'll remember the shows with happiness and fondness, for a VERY long time to come!

It's been one helluva ride :D

Mivs
Mivat

Postby Innari » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:11 pm

Your dedication has always inspired me. I have not been around the community in the last few years because life can be like that, but we have always been friends and in contact. I'm sad to see you move on, but I am glad to see you thinking of your health. Much love to you.

Shig! Yay! I could think of no one better to take the reigns. Congratulations, my weird Aussie friend!
Innari
Forum Deity

Postby Tristalyn » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:32 pm

I'm sorry to hear you're leaving.. You'll always be DJ Veldron to me <3 I'd love to be able to make it to one of your last shows.. If I can remember my TSW password lol.
Shiggy is a good choice :) As were you. I hope you make appearances now and then. You'll be missed <3
Tristalyn
RL = Off

Postby Vallikat » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:48 pm

Ash, you know my feelings on this so I won't go into speeches here. Just know that I love you and I'll miss you and I am eternally grateful to you for everything. Who knows, one day I may even be convinced to be on air and should that day come I surely hope that you'll be there to cheer me on.

Shigy - I will be pleased and honored to call you "boss". You have earned this new role and I know you will do an extraordinary job.
Vallikat
Station Manager & Events Lead

Postby Kermie » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:21 pm

:faint: :(
Kermie
GSP Crew

Postby Meenstreek » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:01 pm

You are an epic human being! Thank you for everything you've done for GSP and gaming community in general.

I wish you all the best!
Meenstreek
Unstoppable!

Postby Ashval » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:02 pm

Thank you all so much for the kind words and support. Just when I think I have a grip on my emotions, I read another comment here or on FB/Twitter/TSW-RP and lose it all over again.

<3
Ashval

Postby Ashval » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:23 pm

Details for my final show can be found here.
Ashval

Postby Nerlani » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:19 am

Sorry to hear this only just started to go to your shows and such in TSW liked them and my char ( Nerlani Firhawk )sometimes flirting with yours in game :'(
Nerlani
F0rum n00b

Postby Express » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:58 pm

Sure sure, Express comes back and Ashval leaves ;) I see how it is. Jk, good luck man. See you around on TSW after you take your breather.
Express

Next

Return to General/Discussion