Will be lurking for a while....

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

Will be lurking for a while....

Postby Sneakpastu » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:34 am

It's been a crazy couple of months for me...again I know there have been a few sightings of me in Anarchy Online and Secret World (had to see what that was like) in 2015. A few weeks ago though...my laptop took a major tank - had to have it wiped and start all over with it thanks to a Windows Update. *grumble mutters and mutters some more* Apparently there is a Windows update that is making computers forget how to boot and be a computer...imagine that?!? *inserts a snarky comment that few have ever known me to utter* I'm not the most computer savvy person but even the computer expert was stumped by this one. To answer the next question...no...I had not updated to Windows 10...and was still on Windows 8.1 at the time.

The month of October has brought surgery to me once again...but this time for a good thing. I had a neurostimulator (Medtronics) implanted in my back to interrupt the constant pain I've been in since my back surgery three years ago. I am 12 days post-op and am finally getting some much needed relief from the pain. The only major pain at the moment is actually where the internal stitches are healing...but the next grrr on the list would be the back brace that I am stuck in for another 5-7 weeks.

I'm attempting to figure out what browser I'm going to have to use to download Anarchy Online again...since my internet times out the download on Chrome. I'm missing the game, and had actually enjoyed some of the changes Anarchy Online had seen this past year - the new Starter area being one of the liked changes.
Sneakpastu
GSP Dancer

Re: Will be lurking for a while....

Postby Kermie » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:34 am

WOOT! good to see you coming back! i downloaded it in firefox no problems.
Kermie
GSP Crew

Postby Jezebelle » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:50 am

Yay for pain reduction! Hope you can get AO downloaded and installed without too much further hassle. There's not much new Halloween stuff to get, but the old stuff is so plentiful, I actually finished collecting bikinis for all my playable alts in just one week. It feels so /crazy/ leaving them behind, now. And all frozen accounts (in otherwise good standing) can log in until Nov 17, so there's been lots of returning players stopping by this month. Hope to see you soon!
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Vallikat » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:09 pm

It would be great to see you around again. Glad to hear that you're getting some relief. I hope things continue to improve. I'm sure the back brace will be uncomfortable but I sure hope it does what it's supposed to do.
Vallikat
Station Manager & Events Lead

Postby Sneakpastu » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:53 pm

Thanks for the suggestion of using Firefox...as I never use Internet Explorer any more for anything. It's downloading...so hopefully within a day or so I'll be all set. It takes me forever sometimes to download things on my computer due to our Internet company only offering us DSL on old, outdated lines.
Sneakpastu
GSP Dancer

Postby Ashval » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:55 pm

Good to see you lurking about, Sneakers! :)
I may be retired, but I'm GridStream for life.
Ashval
Former Station Owner & Deacon of Doom

Postby Kermie » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:57 pm

anything for an old org mate!
Kermie
GSP Crew

Postby Shigy » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:45 am

Hooray for pain relief. Hope you get AO downloaded alright.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Kriegshammer » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:20 am

Shigy wrote:Hooray for pain relief. Hope you get AO downloaded alright.

+1
Would be nice to see you again some time :)
Kriegshammer
I Am Legend

Return to General/Discussion