RIP, Christopher Lee :(

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

RIP, Christopher Lee :(

Postby Caliana » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:33 am

I'm sure most of you have heard by now, though some may not, that Christopher Lee (famous for playing old horror movies like Dracula and Frankenstein, and more recently in roles such at Count Dooku in Star Wars) passed away recently at the age of 93. What many don't know is that not only did he contribute to the acting world and other things, but he also contributed to the music world with (2?) symphonic metal albums. The first of which was Charlemagne By the Sword and the Cross.

Have a listen, and remember a man who was still acting at 90 years old, claims descent from ancient royalty, was rumored to be a spy during the war, and managed to live a full live of action, adventure, and... music. :shred:
Caliana - 9 Swords, Rapier Division
Zellira - GSP Dancers, Leader
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Re: RIP, Christopher Lee :(

Postby Shigy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:16 pm

They were talking about him on Triple J today (national radio station in Australia). Sounded like a badass. Way more stuff than I knew about the man. They played one his tracks too :)
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Caliana » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:11 pm

I have a coworker who's really big into metal (I think I sent Ash a few recommendations from him). He's the one that told me about CL's metal albums. I was rather surprised. After he passed, some of the bios I saw of him expounded on his legacy, and he's done a LOOOOoooootttttt of stuff. 8)
Caliana - 9 Swords, Rapier Division
Zellira - GSP Dancers, Leader
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Lykeios » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:14 pm

Lykeios
RL = Off

Return to General/Discussion