[The Secret World] Introducing... [Make-A-Thing] GSP 13th Anniversary Competition

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

[The Secret World] Introducing... [Make-A-Thing] GSP 13th Anniversary Competition

Postby Lia » Thu May 14, 2015 10:12 pm

FULL VERSION OF THE IMAGE: http://i.imgur.com/n6YaHY1.jpg

The Secret World leaves it up for a ton of creative scenarios that begs the question: "What if?"

So, as a part of GridStream Productions' 13th Anniversary Celebration - we're humoring this creative thought with asking you to share some of your best ideas with us so we can give you FC bonus points!

Let's get to the details!

What is the Contest?

Answer the question: "If you could create an item, event, zone, or feature for The Secret World - what would it be?"

Share with us your ideas by either a drawing, diagram, some sort of creative element, writing us with no more than 200 words (in English, please) by submitting the entry to contest@gridstream.org (with the subject: 'TSW - Make a Thing' along with your username and best way to contact you OR by responding to this thread.

Seriously, that's it. Just a creative and (hopefully) original idea. Entertain us. Wow us. Impress us. Make us be dazzled by your ingenuity!

If your entry contains an image - this is how you submit:

Respond to this thread with a registered account and attach your image to your post with the required information (username + best way to contact you + any other details about your entry that you'd like known). You can use external linking services as well - imgur or photobucket if that is easier.

OR

Email: Send an e-mail to contest@gridstream.org with an attachment or link to your entry.

IF neither of those options work for you for some reason, feel free to poke me on twitter @HerVioletEyes or here on the forums. We can be flexible.

INFORMATION THAT IS REQUIRED: Your username and best way to contact you. We absolutely need this to make sure that Funcom is able to award you the points!

The prizes?

1st Place: 1800 bonus points
2nd Place: 800 bonus points
3rd Place: 400 bonus points

The GSP staff will vote on the entries and then we will announce the winners at a TBD time.

The deadline for entries is May 22 @ 11:59 PM Eastern.

Please - only one entry per game (by which, I mean you can only enter once for AO and once for TSW).

Questions? Feel free to ask!

Go forth and be creative!
Community Liaison & Music Enthusiast
IG: Iolanthe - Lia Lester
'La Belle Dame Sans Merci'
Lia
Unstoppable!

Re: [The Secret World] Introducing... [Make-A-Thing] GSP 13th Anniversary Competition

Postby Lia » Fri May 15, 2015 3:15 am

Dorian O'Brian's Entry!

Avalon, the mythical isle and legendary resting place of King Arthur - is becoming infected by the Filth. The corruption is rapidly threatening the sacred purity of the island. Indeed, should the Filth reach the hidden resting place of the Grail, the consequences would be dire.

The first story mission should be obtainable from John Galahad in Ealdwic Park. A specific talisman allows Gaia’s Chosen to enter Avalon through Agartha and be able to return.

Avalon should be a small village, on a rocky island, much like the Cornish countryside. Tombs of several deceased Knights of the Round Table are present in wooded areas, in a church, in a stout bailey and keep, and in a cave on the rocky coast. A small population of immortal squires and attendants care for Avalon, under the direction of Nimue, the Lady of the Lake, but they are overwhelmed.

A zone of Filth encroachment is present, along with a zone of remaining safety. Missions involve defeating the encroachment and re-sanctifying the resting places of the Knights. Additional lore involving the final disposition of Excalibur can be present, and perhaps a glimpse at the Grail itself.

-----

This is not part of his entry, really, but just a visual to help get across what he means by Avalon - http://iribel.deviantart.com/art/Avalon ... p-79627659
Lia
Unstoppable!

Re: [The Secret World] Introducing... [Make-A-Thing] GSP 13th Anniversary Competition

Postby Lia » Fri May 15, 2015 9:21 pm

Wavie's Entry!

I would include the Bingo Bomb, a device Nick made ICly to help him fight the filth. It uses the Filth's irresistible craving for the beverage to his advantage. Essentially it is a hand grenade you throw, that releases a bingo cola vapor like a smoke bomb, drawing all filthy entities near, allowing the hero a speedy getaway or making the enemy into a sitting duck. In game I imagine it would work as some sort of mission item, because I doubt they would let you carry it around all the time (might be OP). This seems to me like just the sort of invention one of the societies or the council would make, something specialized to fight the filth like AEGIS is. I am not a very artistic person, so unfortunately I cannot take credit for the art, but they would look something like this, only the hexagons would be a gold color, and it would have Vandask Technologies logo on it.

---

Not a part of their entry, but a visualization: http://i.imgur.com/GM3fUJG.jpg
Lia
Unstoppable!

Postby asmod » Sun May 17, 2015 5:22 pm

((not part of entry, shameless 'a club in new York' joke, if you know what I mean.))

Something for tsw...
I think I'd ask for socks slots. Cause we seem to have a lot of very cool socks, but you either run around getting them dirty or wear shoes. Which makes as much sense as sandals and socks. :p
asmod
F0rum n00b

Postby Lia » Sun May 17, 2015 7:20 pm

A new zone:

"The Isle of Avalon, final resting place of the One True King (more commonly known as Arthur) and his Knights of the Round Table. As with Solomon Island it should be under attack from the outside and also from within. The main parties involved should be: the Secret Societies, Cassandra King, the Filth, the Phoenicians and the Council. As Cassandra tries to awaken the full potential of Excalibur, drawing on the Gaia engine on Avalon, the Secret Societies vie to stop her and gain control of the weapon, whilst the Council tries to get ahold of the weapon so that none of the factions can get their hands on it. The Phoenicians intend to get hold of the weapon & other artefacts for theirselves. The overall danger would be the Filth threatening the island – to appeal further to Arthurian legend of the Romano-British celts fighting against the Angles, Jutes & Saxons, could involve the ghostly army of King Ælle of the Southern Saxons."

This is from the grand Beth G Bowen / Gwengwyvar
Lia
Unstoppable!

Postby Trasher » Sun May 17, 2015 8:53 pm

Best idea ever :
An award dedicated to the fiercest players in The Secret World !

For those who have accomplished every mission (and have done 5K missions) obtained almost all success "10K monster killed"
Who conducted all the investigations. Get all Lores. Who got all infiltration success...
Put simply , for the characters who have the most "Achievments Points."

Obviously , players who bought each " Issue " and got all their success would benefit with some achievments.
That's the whole point : to favor players who invest in The Secret World .

Reward :
Custidian's ARMOR

http://wiki.crygaia.com/images/e/e1/Agartha_Custodian.jpg

If you whant, i can make a concept art for the Custodian Armor.
Trasher
F0rum n00b

Postby HikariKenzaki » Wed May 20, 2015 4:34 pm

I’ve never been a fan of player housing because it seems to make people hide in their houses.
I do like user created places to RP, however.
I would allow Cabals to make public venues they could invite people to for use in events or RP.
Each could be upgraded with Pax, FC points and some form of Cabal currency.
This would be similar to bases/ships in City of Heroes and Star Trek Online except for the following:
They would be persistent and anyone could be invited (or removed) by Cabal leadership to use anytime.
They would have modules that could be switched out making certain areas Safe, PvE (like simulators), PvP and mixed.
With these interchangeable modules, one could make nightclubs, training facilities, bases, dojos, stores, bakeries and even general living quarters.
I, of course, would use this to create the House of Light(s) with Common room, Courtyard and Quarters (Safe areas), Simulators and Labs (PvE) and Dojo rooms (PvP)
Not only would it open up a lot of creative opportunities, it would give a tangible reward for joining a cabal.
HikariKenzaki
F0rum n00b

Postby Lia » Wed May 20, 2015 6:10 pm

#7 LadyLyra

Cupcake Flare or bag! We were talking about this during GSP 13th Anniversary ooc-party. Lyra needs one for her show! And Lyra'd walk around, giving cupcakes to everyone x). Imagine if they'd look metal - or cuppies with black topping and skulls etc!
Lia
Unstoppable!

Postby Lia » Wed May 20, 2015 6:12 pm

New Orleans, the city that I love. Home. It all makes sense, now that I've swallowed the bee. The lore, the lust, the pure insanity of the area. It's the secret world and war all wrapped up into a disorderly concrete package resting upon bones and swamp. Imagine fighting through a horde of undead to confront voodoo queen Marie Laveau in secret catacombs beneath St. Louis Cathedral. Putting down an ancient line of vampires as they masquerade through a Mardi Gras ball. Let's hunt the beasts of the swap, the rougarou and the lizard-creature that roams the area of Honey Island.

Take the fears of Solomon Island, Egypt, and Romania, add in a bit of cayenne and lagniappe and you have this place, this city. Remember the amusement park? We have our own, too. Jazaland or Six Flags, however you remember it, still stands - a rotting reminder of the destruction wrought by Hurricane Katrina. What better place to hunt spirits and ghouls than among the decrepit remains of roller coasters and fun-houses?

The city needs a hero, but not me. I'm simply... coming home.

by Aikateryna Ahntari
Lia
Unstoppable!

Postby Lia » Wed May 20, 2015 6:44 pm

By BlackTess

I would like to see a new PvP zone or game type with greater implications on the game world and the Secret War. Imagine a hybrid PvP/PvE zone where the factions vie to contain/control/exploit some occult disaster. Similar to Fusang you would have zones of control. The PvE elements come into play with monsters roaming the playfield, and even very tough bosses that would require coordination of the three factions to take down. Once the boss is defeated, the temporary alliance would break down and the three factions would fight over control of the area the boss was guarding. As a reward for controlling the zone, your faction (and only your faction) is awarded access to a special PvE area behind the boss with unique quests and rewards. This could reset once every few hours as the boss respawns, requiring the teams to take it down and fight for control all over again. It rewards non-PvP players with PvE quests, and also incentivizes PvP on a larger level than just minor faction buffs.
Lia
Unstoppable!

Postby Jingi » Fri May 22, 2015 3:40 am

Introducing Gin "Jingi" Synrio's Submission!

Item Concept - Orochi C.A.T. (Rare)

"In a box on one of the Anasai floors in the Orochi Tower buzzes to life as you pass it. The box shakes. The unit comes to life. It wants to stay in the box yet it does not. A meow is heard. With the help of its built in lasers, it destroys the box, only to look up to you. Its bright blue eyes look at you and utters, 'Unit Companion Android Tracker Standing By. MEOW.'"

Possible side mission names to accompany getting the item -
"Schrodinger's Mechanical C.A.T."
"Companion Android... What?"
"Congratulations it's a... cat?"

http://imgur.com/4huSJVI : Dark Version
http://imgur.com/L8fFEGk : Light Version
Jingi
F0rum n00b

Postby Lia » Fri May 22, 2015 4:11 am

by Nevaan

I have decided to design a TSW-themed ouijia board mini game for TSW in-game. It can be an item found through mob drops or bought from store. By clicking on it, the player can engage their friends in their party into a pop up mini-game on the ouijia board item! Careful, creepy things might happen as you play the game!
Attachments
ouija.png
Lia
Unstoppable!

Postby Lia » Fri May 22, 2015 8:13 pm

Add a side mission in TSW where your character travels back in time to take part in a Murder Mystery- based in instanced historical versions of the Faction cities. Starts in Victorian-era London, then WW II-era Seoul, then 1950's New York. The mystery unravels over each time period and shows earlier versions of each Faction.

The mystery involves the deaths of people being considered for inclusion into each faction, as if there's a person stalking each recruit and killing them before they can be inducted. At different points references are made to existing characters, what they were doing in earlier eras (or who their predecessors were) and snapshots the Factions during important historical events- what did the Templars do during the Ripper murders? What was the Dragon doing during the Japanese invasion of Manchuria? How did the Illuminati expand during the McCarthy anti-Communism era?

In the end, the player finds that the murderer is a Secret Worlder who had been recruited by the Phoenicians and driven insane, who believes that Gaia must be served directly, and that by forcing the Factions into open war, they will be wiped out and Secret Worlders can serve 'the Pure Source' (Gaia.)

by Rottweiler
Lia
Unstoppable!

Postby Lia » Fri May 22, 2015 8:15 pm

What about the Illuminati having an exclusive Nightclub that has random "Celebrity Guests" that appear throughout the night? They can rotate new celebrities in during the week or on specific days during the month. Zee-J, or Ayonce, or any number of other parodies of current celebrities!

Sound good? Great! Have your people call my people and we can do lunch!

You may contact me via this email address, or Twitter @Kyelle_TSW, or even in game: Kallina.
Lia
Unstoppable!

Postby Lia » Fri May 22, 2015 10:19 pm

from Kira-Agumi

two words: twerk emote
Lia
Unstoppable!

Postby Lia » Sat May 23, 2015 1:18 am

by Natalyia

I'd like to see TSW add an item (or items) that let you create an instance of one of the existing maps, unpopulated with monsters. People in the user's team/raid can get in. (Ideally, you could meet-up into it up to typical zone limits, but a raid would do for a lot of purposes)

There's a lot of great spaces that are impossible/awkward to use for RP purposes, and this would let folks use them. Perhaps use the sim rooms in Venice as the gateway, and the terminal there to select it?
Lia
Unstoppable!

Postby Tsw_Distance » Sat May 23, 2015 3:07 am

Distance's Entry

-----------
El' Dorado Reborn
-----------

While my mind goes a mile a minute with new ideas or theories about The Secret World, I always find myself going back to the basics. I would really love to see a Direct X11 friendly version of El' Dorado (ED). This is one of the more common PvP arenas and it deserves a makeover! In light of this, I present to you my rendering of El ' Dorado. It is bigger, better...and multi-tiered goodness. Wanted to climb up those pyramids? Now you can. Wanted to fight in the slag pit with 20 ft. walls barricading you within? Sure, we can do that. Basically, this is everything I envisioned for the arena and more. I hope a video submission is okay but it's the best way for me to convey my feelings! I hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1e8P8FQGig
Tsw_Distance
F0rum n00b

Postby Lia » Sat May 23, 2015 5:07 am

The Butterfly House:

Deep in the corners of Seoul is a place. A small place, just a door, set in the lower wall of a quiet home, away from cars and gatherings and people. Wind-chimes made of metal butterflies clinkles quietly in the gentle, afternoon breeze. If you watch, you will see men and women enter the place, and later leave. You never go to the place, and you don't necessarily know why. This is the Butterfly House.

For those who know of the Butterfly House, it is a haven. It offers fine wines served by beautiful women and handsome men, and a quiet atmosphere. Here is where some of the most competitive gambling in the world takes place. Cards. Dice. Fights. Races. Leaderboards from around the world show odds, and three old women quietly take money and enter the wagers.

Unlike many other gambling dens, the house doesn't always win, but no one - No. One. - cheats at the Butterfly House. Those that do often find themselves in another room, another place, in competitive Russian Roulette games, hoping to be the only survivor.

All watched over, of course, by the gentle eyes of a child in green robes.

And closed for submissions.

Thank you so much for entering! Voting has begun!
Lia
Unstoppable!

Return to General/Discussion