To blog.. or not to blog.. that is the query..

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

To blog.. or not to blog.. that is the query..

Postby Dharzee » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:47 am

I have recently been finding myself troubled by certain thought patterns that recur on a regular basis. My normal practice is to find something (usually a book, movie or game) to distract myself and hopefully forget about them until the next occurrence. Lately my mind has been getting stuck in a rut more often than not so I have almost decided to try something new. I don't normally let things out so I have pondered that perhaps it might be a good idea to find somewhere that I am safely anonymous and allow for some of my thoughts to vent. Maybe by letting them out they might not be trapped inside and therefore be less likely to recycle themselves quite so often.

I am curious if anyone else has ever tried this kind of thing and whether it helped or not.
#BlameDharzee
"I'm in love with my lust, burning angel wings to dust" - Nightwish, Wish I Had An Angel
Dharzee
Training Wheels Officer

Re: To blog.. or not to blog.. that is the query..

Postby Kriegshammer » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:54 am

When that happens to me, I usually try to write short stories or incorporate the topic into a pen & paper RPG I'm hosting.
Kriegshammer
I Am Legend

Postby Gridfan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:33 am

Or youtube, it helps sometimes, or not*.

*(that's a real thing, it's from the crossover episode they did)
(also, apologies to those I've scarred for life linking to that, hope ya stilled laughed though *grin*)
Gridfan
Gridstream Developer

Postby Shigy » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:03 pm

I've done pretty much exactly that. Blogging let's you think about it but in a structured way write down how you are feeling then leave it be. I can send you a link to my blog if it'll help you reading it.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Kermie » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:09 pm

blogging is an excellent way to get your thoughts out there. its kind of like keeping a journal excepet that everyone can read it.
Kermie
GSP Crew

Postby Gemmikins » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:50 am

You can make blogs private by setting them up to be private, either settings side or by passwording posts off. Either that or take up the old fashioned world of pen and paper writing :)

For me I write posts up, poetry and random story musings to vent whatevers floating around in my head. Sometimes just thinking of doing that action can help.
Tomorrow is another day for tainting and corrupting more innocent souls :)

"Do I detect the formation of a new org? Bacon Appreciation Society? I have first dibs on the head post at the Tastier As Rashers Division...Yes...that would make me The Man from B.A.S.T.A.R.D !."
Gemmikins
Station Manager & Promotions Lead

Postby Vallikat » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:01 pm

I sometimes worry that if I blogged things out to where people can actually read them you'd all think I'm certifiable (that is if you don't already think that). I tend to just journal privately and it does help me a lot. Sometimes just getting the thoughts down is enough, after which I just delete the journal. Sometimes I leave them there and then just go back and re-read if it was something I felt like I needed to be reminded of later.

However I have also done what you have with finding another distraction. I turn to Big Fish Games for that. They're pretty mindless for the most part and I don't have to deal with anyone or anything at all.
Vallikat
Station Manager & Events Lead

Return to General/Discussion