Game Director Letter for December 2014/January 2015

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

Game Director Letter for December 2014/January 2015

Postby Lia » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:05 pm

So, I'm *terrible* and forgot to post a link to the Game Director Letter that came out the other day.

Highlights -

An overview of the accomplishments in 2014. I'm not going to list them - read about them. Sure, Tokyo was a long time coming, but can you really say it disappointed? (shhh that's a rhetorical question - but in all seriousness - the assets that have come with Tokyo are awesome)

What's planned for 2015?

The focuses are:

-Completing the Tokyo storyline
-Quality of life improvement for the experience of new players
-Releasing new multiplayer content

One big point is....

Opening up Tokyo to all players. No, not that Issue #9 will be free, but that they want to open up the Venice and Subway portions for access. I assume this will be clarified once they figure out a way to do this. The mentality behind this? They want people to be able to play the new content... and to find groups for said content easily.

For GSP? This could mean we could potentially visit Tokyo with our shows! ...which has some of the best art assets in the game for locations, albeit much of it is quite dangerous. Still, we look forward to what is announced to see how this could apply to the social elements in game.

Cheers!
Community Liaison & Music Enthusiast
IG: Iolanthe - Lia Lester
'La Belle Dame Sans Merci'
Lia
Unstoppable!

Re: Game Director Letter for December 2014/January 2015

Postby Dharzee » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:12 pm

Iolanthe wrote:What's planned for 2015?

The focuses are:

-Completing the Tokyo storyline
-Quality of life improvement for the experience of new players
-Releasing new multiplayer content

One big point is....

Opening up Tokyo to all players. No, not that Issue #9 will be free, but that they want to open up the Venice and Subway portions for access. I assume this will be clarified once they figure out a way to do this. The mentality behind this? They want people to be able to play the new content... and to find groups for said content easily.

For GSP? This could mean we could potentially visit Tokyo with our shows! ...which has some of the best art assets in the game for locations, albeit much of it is quite dangerous. Still, we look forward to what is announced to see how this could apply to the social elements in game.

Cheers!

Just so happens I tripped over their post on Facebook before going to bed last night. I'm not sure how the opening Tokyo thing would work. Technically anyone who buys the issue can access it but only after they progress through the storyline. I wouldn't mind seeing a way to circumvent that for the lower leveled/less experience/more casual/more social players. They might not be equipped to handle the missions but they could hang out at the Bathhouse, Noodle shop, etc.

As far as opening Venice and the subway... I remember Lykeios doing a couple shows in the Sunken Library. I don't remember a whole lot about how the subway areas looked, besides kind of creepy, as I fought my way through them.

Quality of life improvements.. for new players and old I think it might be nice to open banking locations in New York and Seoul. :)
#BlameDharzee
"I'm in love with my lust, burning angel wings to dust" - Nightwish, Wish I Had An Angel
Dharzee
Training Wheels Officer

Postby Shigy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:39 am

Does Tokyo have any clubs yet? Would be cool to add more party locations.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Shigy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:19 pm

Okay after spending some time in Tokyo tonight I reckon the bathhouses would be a great spot for a show if they opened them up to everyone (which of course there is no talk of but I can dream).
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Shigy
Station Owner

Return to General/Discussion