OMYGERD!

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

OMYGERD!

Postby Kermie » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:23 pm

So I wrote to a university Friday because the address on their website is not a valid delivery address according to USPS.com, I asked if there was an alternate address. They wrote me back and gave me the same address i said doesn't work.
Kermie
GSP Crew

Re: OMYGERD!

Postby Dharzee » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:38 pm

I never would have thought of trying to look up an address before trying to ship something there. On the other hand, now that I'm writing this, I think when I shipped a package to my friend who was in college in Grenada that she gave me a special address to have it shipped to.
#BlameDharzee
"I'm in love with my lust, burning angel wings to dust" - Nightwish, Wish I Had An Angel
Dharzee
Training Wheels Officer

Postby Shigy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:13 am

Quality :lol:
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Nicksa » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:41 pm

Going to play devil's advocate here...

UPS, FEDEX, and even USPS have more than once called me telling me my address is non-existent and that I need to provide a correct address. Even though my mail comes here, and I've had packages delivered here, and I most assuredly do live here and exist. My address looks really weird, it looks like a European address with a USA city, state and zip. It weirds people out, but it's real!

It really may be a mistake on the USPS side.
Nicksa
Post-Traumatic

Postby Kermie » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:49 pm

It is totally a mistake on the the side of USPS. The claim the address is not in AMS zipcode system (or what ever they call it) and i should call the post office to talk to them about it. ???? I am telling them its wrong, why don't they fix it? Though they also just made chamges to USPS.COM again, 2nd or third time this year. Still doesn't work right for me. I hate the post office.
Kermie
GSP Crew

Return to General/Discussion