Christmas 2014 Brainstorming

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

Christmas 2014 Brainstorming

Postby Jezebelle » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:58 am

Christmas in September! I know, I know. It's not even Halloween yet, but this is how long it takes to get ideas, vote on them, write them up, and send them in before FC actually gets down to planning the hard work that goes into this stuff. It takes a while to train all those Elfleets to push buttons with their noses, you know.

I'm going to be collecting ideas for both TSW and AO, since it's the same team that will be making them anyway, and some of the ideas overlap, and an idea meant for one might inspire a related idea for the other. So whichever game you prefer, go ahead and make your suggestion.

The rules:

1) Don't infringe anyone else's Intellectual Property. There are Fair Use exceptions for parody and such, and oblique references are fine, but a direct copy of someone else's IP isn't going to happen. Grey areas are not worth the trouble of having a court decide.

2) Keep it within the game's rating and rules. Items should be social in nature rather than providing any gameplay advantage. Clothing can be pretty skimpy, like the various bikinis we already have, but remember, only monsters go to "clothing optional" beaches. Ingesting drugs or alcohol, including tobacco, is similarly prohibited. I don't recall anyone suggesting anything patently offensive in the past, but if even suggesting it would be against he EULA, it's probably not very Christmassy anyway. Then again... Krampus. So, you know. "Christmassy" is relative.

3) New ideas are preferred. If you want to go back to last year's thread and copy one or two favorites, because they're still your favorite ideas, go ahead. I'll probably be doing that myself toward the end. Don't just paste the whole thread here, though. Similarly, please look over this thread before you add to it, to make sure someone else hasn't already said the same thing. If they have, adding some details and/or options to it is fine.

If you want to refer to the lists from previous years for old favorites, or to pick up some inspiration for new ideas:

Christmas 2013
Christmas 2012
Christmas 2011
Christmas 2010

The schedule:

Sep. 09 - Sep. 22 - (two weeks) I'll be collecting Christmas ideas at all the GSP shows I can get to and posting them in this thread. If you think of something in between shows, just post it here or PM it to me. You can also tell any of the other Dancers if I'm not at the show when you think of something.

Sep. 23 - Sep. 30 - (one week) GSP DJs, Staff, and Dancers vote on their favorite ideas.

Oct. 1 - Oct. 10 - (ten days) I'll write up the top 20 ideas in a big, detailed suggestion list with links to reference art. attach the remainder as additional brainstorming, and mail it to FunCom with a link back to this thread, in case they want to see any additional discussion we have about it here.

some time mid-October - FC normally starts planning the event two months ahead to have time to plan, design, create, implement, test, and debug the new items and events.

some time around Dec 12-19 - the AO Christmas event starts shortly before Christmas. How shortly depends on whether they're doing a "12 Days" event. It's been a few years since they did that, so maybe it's time to do that again. TSW has added new stuff each year so far, so who knows what might be in store this year. "Leetzilla vs. Santa Leet trashing Tokyo" was a joke I made last year, but this year there's actually a Tokyo for it to happen in. We'll have to wait and see. Or suggest something crazy enough and then wait and see.
Last edited by Jezebelle on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Re: Christmas 2014 Brainstorming

Postby Jezebelle » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:58 am

1) make snowman parts tradable so we can *cooperate* in building snowmen (AO)

2) Christmas Gift backpacks (AO & TSW)

3) "Elves are slave labor" AO placard and TSW t-shirt

4) shiny gold tinsel dress, about as shiny as last year's golden tux in TSW, but made of strategically hung strands instead of solid golden cloth

5) sweater puppies (elaborate on this, please)
- a puppy wearing a sweater
- a top that makes it look like each of your boobs is a puppy
- a midriff v-neck sweater with two puppy faces on the chest and two tails on the back that looks from a distance like you're topless and holding a dog under each arm
- a knit pullover for small dogs with a design on each side of a blue-footed booby
- cleavage-enhancing sweater, perhaps a low-cut tight sweater with a v-neck wide enough to see a bit of a lacy push-up bra underneath, adding a bit of suggestive shadow to make the "sweater puppies" look more full grown

6) moar quabbits!
- maybe a Christmassy variation of the "Aspect of the Quabbit" that's more seasonal and less exclusive
- a clickable toy like the Valentine's Day picnic table that spawns a temporary dish of quabbit treats and summons wild quabbits to come nibble on them, but doesn't permanently tame them
- quabbit treats you can hold in your hand and get quabbits come to you and follow you around instead of always hopping away
- summon pet quabbit nano

7) nanos or Holiday Holograms that cast a festive red, white, and green shimmering sparkly glow, like an Adventurer damage shield

8) striped stocking hats, like the Santa Hat, in red and green or red, white, and green, with matching leggings

9) Uncle Pumpkinhead comes back with Santa's hat on and tries to steal Christmas, ala Nightmare Before Christmas

10) skimpy, shiny red satin ribbons and bows bikini

11) extra sharp antlers
- with icicles and/or Christmas Tree ornaments

12) ice / snow flake halo

13) pumpkin spice latte

14) “Santa Leet gave me this” t-shirt – I saved Christmas, yet again, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

15) Christmas and other holiday decor (including snow) in environments, where applicable - It doesn't even have to be a huge deal; subtle things make all the difference.

16) Christmas pet succubus (mini-Hel in a little red and white Santa hat will do)

17) Christmas teddy bear

18) Christmas teddy lingerie

19) Christmas thigh-highs (stockings, not socks like last year)

20) the rest of the elf costume to go with last year's booties

21) mistletoe, usable on another PC to give them a smooch

22) consumable champagne, eggnog, hot chocolate, hot toddy, and/or grog
- (consider making grog/champagne year round - served from a proper stein for the grog (or ale!) and proper slim wine glasses for the champagne)

23) Christmas flask - to keep the crazy relatives from making you crazy (also, because people RP with one anyway)

24) /texting emote
- an emote gifted during the xmas times where people get the looping emote where they idly pull out their phone (one they can actually see, not the invisible phone we have now when we do /phone) and tweet/text/play angrybirds on the brand new model of the phone we probably got for Christmas. Reaching? Yeah, but modern Secret Worlders will thank you.

25) wigs (especially pompadours)

26) floating leet candles like the Halloween skull shoulder candles

27) gift certificates or reward cards or coupons for the various bars, with mission waypoints, especially Rompa and “Enjoy it While it Lasts / Chick Fight”

28) hair styling devices to change your head to a similar one with different hair, like the plastic surgery system, but less expensive and more limited

29) cheesecake poster of Santa Leet

30) Santa Hat that doesn't expire and can be changed to differnt colors: green, white, blue, purple, black, etc. like the Thong of Many Colors

31) Satan Hat – a Santa Hat with a skull on it, possibly horns sticking out of it

32) Something for AO like TSW's Tentacle Topper to make a persistent personal snowstorm

33) ridable reindeer vehicle, a jetbike I suppose

34) Snowflake wings

35) crowns and tiaras (maybe the new engine can do this properly, but making them hover like the veteran shop halos would be adequate)

36) candy cane dress

37) mistletoe bikini

38) snowflake bikini

39) snowflake pasties with icicle or tinsel tassels

40) giant snowmen attack Borealis

41) trees catch on fire and giant snowmen put it out ("piss on it" was the phrase actually suggested)

42) miniature snowmen attack and leets run from them and need to be saved

43) tone down Grin'Cha and/or his summons a bit

44) Nerf the Sorting Room so mid-level and melee characters have a chance

45) move the Santa Leet's workshop location and/or quest NPC closer together or provide a transport between Newland and Meetmedere for lowbies who can't grid there yet

46) animated lava lamps that glow red, green, blue, blue and purple, or Christmassy combinations like red and green
- 1% of them explode if left on too long

47) early release of one of the new low requirement general composite nanos with red and green sparkles

48) variant Naughty List bikinis (and in TSW, too)

49) TSW Christmas-themed weapon skins

50) "rock candy" hecklers

51) Jayne hats

52) panda leet

53) quabbit slippers

54) snow hecklers with carrot noses and top hats, possibly as an invading army to fight for presents

55) candy cane stockings and peppermint bikini

56) Christmas balls bikini

57) red satin camisole and matching frilly little skirt with fur trim

58) red and white teddy bears, polar bear dolls, red panda plushies

59) red bustier with white trim, or red/white corset

60) plaid pajamas
Last edited by Jezebelle on Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:38 am, edited 8 times in total.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Jezebelle » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:59 am

[added during voting]

61) Black Christmas. Everyone drinks cyanide laced egg-nog, everyone dies. I turn off the fucking christmas music playing everywhere and actually have a -silent night-

62) Candy cane-striped dancing pole

63) TSW Golem event where the golems are in santa hats and give approrpriate xmas themed loot

64) beer hat with eggnog cartons instead

65) Santa Kreigshammer with a suit of chainmail under a red leather robe, a big sack over one shoulder, and a two-handed warhammer in the other hand

[added after voting ended]

66) Tree Dress or Holiday #2 with animated blinking christmas lights, like http://www.yandy.com/Light-Up-Red-Tri-T ... -Skirt.php

67) A dark green skii outfit, same look as the already exiting purple one, but dark green. (Like Macrosuns Tshirt)

68) Floating gift torch, red with green tape

69) Another Holiday Hologram; one that makes it look like you have the gauntlet buff/NT nano regen buff, but its flashing green and red.

70) Make the already existing shirts "The Logo Shirt" drop.

71) A placard: Michi was here! //Cool down! // I (picture of a leet) j00 // I g0t c0al dis year
Last edited by Jezebelle on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Shigy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:18 am

Sweater puppies :P
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Jezebelle » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:52 am

All right, fine. Now that it's been officially suggested, does someone want to specify what that means, or are we going to leave it up to FC's imagination? Recall that we've been asking for bunny ears to wear on our heads for years now, and the closest we got was Michizure coming up with a way to wear a four-eared quabbit on his head, hopping. And then give out a handful of quabbit-taming nanos at ARK events.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Shigy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:54 am

I think leave it up to FC. They know their age restriction stuff better than we do.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Kermie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:39 pm

MORE QUABBITS! and sweater puppies just makes me think of BOOBIES!!!!!
Kermie
GSP Crew

Postby Jezebelle » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:35 am

More of the same kind of quabbits? Or more kinds of quabbits? Quabbit pets? Quabbit dolls? Quabbit shirts? Quabbit flails? Quabbit stew? Quabbit pie? Quabbit nanos that summon self-replicating herds of infinitely reproducing quabbits and crash the server? Vorpal quabbits that look cute and helpless until they soundly thrash your knnnnnigghits and need devout and divine snuffing applied by a Holy Handgrenade of Antioch? Nah, skip that one. It's been done before.

And of course sweater puppies make you think of boobies, but that doesn't clarify the situation much. What if the design on the knit pullover they put on the little dogs was a blue-footed reet?
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Shigy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:06 am

Jezebelle wrote:More of the same kind of quabbits? Or more kinds of quabbits? Quabbit pets? Quabbit dolls? Quabbit shirts? Quabbit flails? Quabbit stew? Quabbit pie? Quabbit nanos that summon self-replicating herds of infinitely reproducing quabbits and crash the server? Vorpal quabbits that look cute and helpless until they soundly thrash your knnnnnigghits and need devout and divine snuffing applied by a Holy Handgrenade of Antioch? Nah, skip that one. It's been done before.

And of course sweater puppies make you think of boobies, but that doesn't clarify the situation much. What if the design on the knit pullover they put on the little dogs was a blue-footed reet?

Could have a christmas leet on it to make them festive :P
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Jezebelle » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:25 am

This is a booby. Specifically a blue-footed booby, or Sula nebouxii. We could ask for "sweater puppies" as an innuendo gift to be a knit pullover for small dogs with the design of one of those on each side.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Vallikat » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:10 pm

I have to admit being a little confused on the "sweater puppies" request. I mean I know it is a euphamism, but you know...we have boobs (fairly large ones in the case of most solitus females). So...?

Anyway, I will try to come up with something to request as well, but I suspect a lot of what I will want are things from AO ported to TSW.
Vallikat
Station Manager & Events Lead

Postby Kermie » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:32 pm

sorry I was just feeling juvenile and I want a quabbit. a Christmas quabbit would be fine, but I want on on my head. thought the self replicating server crashing ones could be funny.

or an in game wiener dog....
Kermie
GSP Crew

Postby Jezebelle » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:44 am

Iolanthe suggested "Alison Brie Sexy Santa Dance" so I looked it up on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpCc_86yf6s

I agree. I like everything about this. But... how would that work in AO or TSW? We do already have some sexy little red Santa's Helper dresses in both. Maybe not as sexy as that one, but pretty good for their respective engines. In what way do you think they should be more like this? Or is it the dance we want to ask for? I'm okay with that, but I think it's a bit of a longshot. Might be better to ask for some particular part of it. Heck, I'll even put a "pet Alison Brie" on the list if that's what you all want for Christmas, but I think they'd just cross it off as infringement. (And then keep her for themselves.)
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Jezebelle » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:58 am

Kermie wrote:or an in game wiener dog....

Anything particularly Christmassy about a wiener dog? Or is that just the kind of puppy you'd like to pet in a booby sweater? Throw some wiener jokes into the mix?
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Lia » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:57 am

I don't know if this has been suggested. I'm putting my thoughts in stream of consciousness form.

And for the record, I'm not sorry. My mind is a scary place and I'm a terrible person.

-I'm a big fan of the environment taking on the theme of the season. Christmas and other holiday decor! It doesn't even have to be a huge deal - subtle things make all the difference. I believe I recall some of this happening in the past in TSW - I'd just love to see more! :) Snow in London/Brooklyn/Seoul (if apt)!

-A Christmas Pet Succubus (Hel will do)

-A Christmas Teddy - both the bear version AND the lingerie.

-Christmas thigh-highs

-Elf Costume - we got the booties, give us all the things :)

-Usable Mistletoe on a PC to give them a smooch.

-Champagne / eggnog / hot chocolate / hot toddy / grog consumable (consider making grog/champagne year round - served from a proper stein for the grog (or ale!) and proper slim wine glasses for the champagne)

-Christmas Flask - to keep the crazy relatives from making you crazy (also, because people RP with one anyway)

-/texting - an emote gifted during the xmas times where people get the looping emote where they idly pull out their phone (one they can actually see, not the invisible phone we have now when we do /phone) and tweet/text/play angrybirds on the brand new model of the phone we probably got for Christmas. Reaching? Yeah, but modern Secret Worlders will thank you.
Community Liaison & Music Enthusiast
IG: Iolanthe - Lia Lester
'La Belle Dame Sans Merci'
Lia
Unstoppable!

Postby Shigy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:58 am

I like that whole list personally Lia. Ingame phones with a proper emote would be awesome for TSW 8)
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Lia » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:17 am

Shigy wrote:I like that whole list personally Lia. Ingame phones with a proper emote would be awesome for TSW 8)

I'm glad you like it! I actually have a lot of cool ideas of using the phone interface in TSW. Imagine... an actual phone interface with "apps" that let you access the various panels within the context of that interface. It would have been perfectly suited with their reliance of a flash based GUI. It would look a lot cleaner and keep the 'feel' of a modern gaming experience. It would be neat that every time you used your phone to pull up a map by hitting the hotkey, your character went into /phone mode where it is messing with the phone, as if they are trying to do the GPS thing. ESO does this with actual scroll maps. I thought it was a nice touch!
Community Liaison & Music Enthusiast
IG: Iolanthe - Lia Lester
'La Belle Dame Sans Merci'
Lia
Unstoppable!

Postby Shigy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:06 am

Iolanthe wrote:
Shigy wrote:I like that whole list personally Lia. Ingame phones with a proper emote would be awesome for TSW 8)

I'm glad you like it! I actually have a lot of cool ideas of using the phone interface in TSW. Imagine... an actual phone interface with "apps" that let you access the various panels within the context of that interface. It would have been perfectly suited with their reliance of a flash based GUI. It would look a lot cleaner and keep the 'feel' of a modern gaming experience. It would be neat that every time you used your phone to pull up a map by hitting the hotkey, your character went into /phone mode where it is messing with the phone, as if they are trying to do the GPS thing. ESO does this with actual scroll maps. I thought it was a nice touch!

Yeah I've seen a couple of fantasy based games where like you say your character actually pulls out a map. Would completely work in TSW to pull out your phone :)
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Jezebelle » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:52 am

A bunch more ideas came in tonight at Gemmi's show, and I threw in a few from previous years, bringing the total up to 60 ideas. Voting commences now, but if you have something to add, you can tack it on here anyway. It probably won't get a fair vote since some folks will be done voting already, but it can still go in the final list I send in next week, which I'll post here at the same time.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Peppercake » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:03 pm

Time to shine!

All these are for AO only, Please judge.

1. A dark green skii outfit, same look as the already exiting purple one, but dark green. (Like Macrosuns Tshirt)

2. Floating gift torch, red with green tape

3. Another Holiday Hologram; one that makes it look like you have the gauntlet buff/NT nano regen buff, but its flashing green and red.

4. Make the already existing shirts "The Logo Shirt" drop. Found them by searching around on my org bot :)

5. A placard: Michi was here! //Cool down! // I (picture of a leet) j00 // I g0t c0al dis year
Pepper is actually good on sandwich cakes.

>Re- Renamed to Peppercake cause it is 10 times more sexy.
Peppercake
Post Hunter

Next

Return to General/Discussion