New to Roleplay? Not sure what to expect at RP shows?

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

Re: New to Roleplay? Not sure what to expect at Trevalin's shows?

Postby Vallikat » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:39 pm

Here's my thought on being called by your name when someone hasn't been introduced to you yet (either callsign or given name). You're in a public area. Other people around you greet you and speak to you and call you by whatever name they are used to. It only makes sense that other regulars would hear you being called that name and be able to deduce that must be your name. I've certainly done it in RL situations so for me that translates easily into RP.
Vallikat
Station Manager & Events Lead

Postby Lia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Antu wrote:Hush! Antu's a goddess with psychic powers. Your soul and all it's secrets are laid bare to her.

It's hard for her not to stare. :twisted:

I doubt very much her soul is laid bare to Antu. :p
Community Liaison & Music Enthusiast
IG: Iolanthe - Lia Lester
'La Belle Dame Sans Merci'
Lia
Unstoppable!

Postby Lia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:23 pm

Vallikat wrote:Here's my thought on being called by your name when someone hasn't been introduced to you yet (either callsign or given name). You're in a public area. Other people around you greet you and speak to you and call you by whatever name they are used to. It only makes sense that other regulars would hear you being called that name and be able to deduce that must be your name. I've certainly done it in RL situations so for me that translates easily into RP.

When the situation allows for it, absolutely. I've had many situations where it simply wouldn't be reasonable for a person to know someone in that manner.

Via twitter.. That adds a layer to it as well as many take those twitter interactions as getting to know people or being aware of them that way.
Community Liaison & Music Enthusiast
IG: Iolanthe - Lia Lester
'La Belle Dame Sans Merci'
Lia
Unstoppable!

Previous

Return to General/Discussion