Damn! I made a big blooper...with GridStream Player v3.7.3

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

Damn! I made a big blooper...with GridStream Player v3.7.3

Postby Gridfan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:55 pm

There is a new v3.8 of Gridstream Player available at http://player.gridstream.org/

Please spread the word and tell everyone to update.

Why? Well... look at the first line in the changes log below.

v3.8 2014-01-05 Guru Meditation Edition:
  • A great start on the new year, the improvements in v3.7.3 on the way timers work caused the automatic version check to not trigger at the time the player is started. Automatic version check should now work properly again.
  • The automatic tray balloon tip will now only show the show name once, afterwards it will show the station name instead. Clicking the tray icon or hovering over the main window will still show the show name.
  • Really long show names would cause the balloon tip to not display properly, long show names will now be truncated to a maximum of 63 characters. The show name in the info window will always be fully shown regardless of length.
  • libwebp decoder updated to v0.4.0 x86.
  • This will probably be the last release for a long time, there really is nothing to change/improve upon further, the ToDo list is now empty here!

Yup! I managed to break the automatic version check at startup. The manual check (just press the version button in Preferences window) still works though, although if you run the player non-stop for a week then the automatic check will be done (a few of you probably understand what the bug was, yep, in adding a proper check timer I forgot to trigger it at startup first, doh!).

On the plus side, the ToDo list for the player is now empty, which means I can focus on a few other projects, some are GSP related and some are private, I'm sure I'll brag about it when the time comes.

So ask others what version they are using, as v3.8 is where it's at now and if they have not updated then tell them they are so last version'ish don'tcha ya'know.
It is unlikely a new version will be out anytime soon, in fact it could be the last (pending any obscure bugs or super awesome ideas/suggestions somebody makes that I wish I'd thought of), a future v4 would have to be something new or fresh in concept to be worth the time to make.

If there are any more releases then those are most likely just maintenance releases.
GridStream Player v3.8 works on any Windows OS ranging from Windows 2000 all the way up to Windows 8.1 (and most likely Windows 9 and Windows 10 as well unless MicroSoft does something dramatic to the way their OS works, if that happens I'll obviously update the player if possible.)

I was going to call this edition the Gridyear Edition, but with the stupid mistake I did I find Guru Meditation more apt.
Gridfan
Gridstream Developer

Return to General/Discussion