Moonflame passes away

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

Moonflame passes away

Postby Lodestar » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:45 pm

With the closing of Ouroboros, I have not been around for months. But, I felt it fitting to drop by and make this post out of respect for Dawn Grinnell Brain (Moonflame).

Yesterday her husband Darren informed of of her passing the night before. Sad tidings indeed, as the two of them embodied so much of what Ouroboros truly stood for. My thoughts are with her family now, as I offer my sincerest condolences.

Dawn will be missed, but will always still be treasured with much love and affection. I know a good number of you also spent time with her. I made a post in memory of her on TSW boards.

From my thread on the TSW forums http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=73796

Lodestar wrote:Yesterday morning, I awoke to the sad tidings, that valued TSW community member, treasured Ouroboros member, and dear friend of mine Dawn Grinnell Brain, known to many here as Moonflame, passed away the night before.

Dawn, had touched many who met her, as she radiated, warmth, kindness and quirky humour. One can definitely paint her as the type that wears their heart on their sleeve, and make you laugh while doing it. As many in the community here, and in Ouroboros will gladly concur.

No sooner had Dawn and her husband Darren, joined Ouroboros, than they made a massive positive impact. Friendly, helpful and caring, always going that bit extra, embodying many of the things I looked for in members as well as friends.

Many are the times, Dawn would go out her way to see how everyone was doing, always on hand to offer friendship, guidance, support and kind words where needed, along with her wonderful ability to cheer you up and make you laugh.

It is often said that online friendships are not much value. But, in Ouroboros we saw this challenged everyday, on a massive scale and, it was the very soul of our community, to have such amazing deep friendships. Dawn, was one example of many, though it has to be said, of many online friends I have had, it is a testament to her character, that she stands out among so many I also have fond memories of.

Anecdotes of kindness, and fun, go hand in hand when people speak of Dawn. Of which I can say I am truly blessed. When I was unable to continue in my role as active head of Ouroboros, it was Dawn, who co spearheaded a project, to surprise me with the funding, she and others had spent time raising, to buy me a brand new computer. Again, a testament to her character.

No one can or ever will replace anyone of us. And when someone so bright touches us as Dawn has, then the feeling of loss can be overwhelming. But, we are all blessed with the experience we share with them. And much richer people for it. Dawn was a one of a kind to be sure. And while she will be greatly missed, she will always be a treasured memory, we will be thankful for.

My thoughts are now with her husband Darren and her children, one of whom I have also had the pleasure of speaking with. I along with many will always be on hand,with an open door should you ever feel the need to be with friends, and just as much respect your need for privacy.

For Dawn Grinnell Brain (Moonflame)

Much love and fondness Paul Whincup (Lodestar)
Lodestar
Forum Raider

Return to General/Discussion