Some tips for Pvp

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

Some tips for Pvp

Postby DarkEnvy » Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:37 am

Ok, i get asked this alot, i wrote alittle something about it in my last Blood sport, but heres a few pointers, and some truths about Pvp here on Rubi-ka

STAY CALM:in pvp your heart is going to raise, your adrenline is going to pump, which makes it fun, but dont freak out and push buttons, keep it cool, and think about what your doing.

Melee fighting a ranged rooting player: always have a stupid Debuff ready if your a melee and u get rooted/snared, this is pretty common info, but some do not know, Get a pistol debuff in your local gen store and cast it on yourself when rooted, also Ma heals break roots sometimes (Note: it may take more than once self casting your debuff to break the root) Enforcer are lucky in this area if they are smart, Mongo breaks roots on the first cast.

Know who u are fighting: Pick your fights, in the arena anyways. Size up the person u are going to fight, check out their gear, it takes a bit of knowledge in armor to know whats best, All elite armor, and senpai have low chem/radiation Dmg so if your weapon/fist do these dmg types your in luck, cuz no matter what these dmg acs get mega hits,Examine the gun they are using or fist, Most enforcers use melee dmg ac, fixers usually chem or radiation, agents traders and soldiers Projectile/energy.

Spotting outside buffs: This is more or less sizing up your oppent, take a look at their class, also pay attention to your fight, If your taking massive dmg from a agent that seems to regain health quickly its time to duck outta there( Hots and Reflect Sheild) if the opi fixer, or ma your fighting is amazingly tall your in for some trouble(essence) Basically know the class your fighting and know what they can self cast.alot of people use outside buffs, its a common thing, personally i dont fight with outside buffs, and ive been known to duck out of fights with people with outside buffs.

Your Gear: Alot of Pvp is playing with OE, the best over all armor to use in Pvp would have to be flowers tech until you get your MK2 armor from smugglers den that is =P, i dont like twinked low lvl chars, but basically, you gotta have a gun QL that is high to do a good amount of dmg, their is no way around it, with ranged chars here on rubi-ka(unless your an nt)

Evades: ive come to notice that evades are very important in pvp, as well as pvm, On full AGG your evades will be working at half of what they could be, check out your Init, if you can still hit fast with your AGG bar on half do so, and it will make quit a differnce in the out come of your battle. The downside to evades is this, nano resist still doesnt work properly, Ive won many battles with melees using a root that ive had since lvl 4 and they never resist, even Mas do not resist these, your Nano Resist, and lvl must be well above the ql of the root nano to resist(we're talking a lvl 100 wouldnt resist a lvl 4 nano) until you get near thousands in nano resist, it will nnot matter) WATCH OUT for all of the Smurfs, beware of them, Most fixers with GA are on Half AGG or less, meaning you will rarely hit them with any attack, GA does not stop specails, so soldier may have an upper hand in this with alpha strike.

PvP with pet classes:Most pet classes, are NOT good at pvp until their high lvls, beware the few Mps that Pvp, tho, be sure u take out the heal pet first.Easier said then done it seems, your targetting gets messed when the offensive pet attacks, and the player attacks at the same time. if your a rooting class this is easily solved by rooting both pets and running away from them, easing off your attack and attack the rooted heal pet. for melees it may be harder, switching targets is tricky.

TMS and reflect: Is you are fighting someone with a massive reflect sheild on, the attacks of the player wont even be what kills you, Watch out for this, their is no way around a strong reflect sheild and it will send u to the reclaim. TMS is simple with rooting classes, but sticky with melees, if you can root, then be sure u root, while the soldier is starting his TMS cast run out of the range of his run and wait out the TMS. Mas Use your heal as much as possible within the TMS time, once the sheild drops he's toast. enf use mongo.

Last and biggest hint: No one is born good at Pvp here on rubi-ka, it takes alot of testing, alot of math, alot of reclaim trips, alot of knowledge of the game, to get it right, and even then u will still lose from time to time, if u have a thing for pvp, dont get discouraged if u dont win at first,With enough brains, alittle cash, some info, sharp eyes, and cool head. You'll be neophyte in no time =P, bye all
I will suffer for my lover,
I will suffer for his Sins,
Murder me with lies and lust,
Bless me with your sinful kiss....

~Love And Latex~

~ www.myruin.com ~

~ http://www.night-sky.net/switch/ ~

~ http://www.nightwish.com/ ~
DarkEnvy

Postby grandpoobaaa » Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:15 am

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
thanks for da tips
even though i think pvp is sorta a waste of time
no offense
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
grandpoobaaa

Return to General/Discussion