Question: Between Shows?

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

Question: Between Shows?

Postby InfamousBrad » Sat Aug 03, 2002 8:58 am

I know that between live shows, you leave it on a playlist. But I'm curious, because I'm not finding what I expect during those times. Whose playlist? Tarryk's every time, or the previous live DJ's?
Sheriff Brad "InfamousBrad" Bradley, TCSD
InfamousBrad

Playlists

Postby Wyldthing » Sat Aug 03, 2002 9:48 am

Normally it is Tarryk's playlist that runs through the US Morning, Afternoon and Evenings. It is his server that we connect to, then he connects to Live365.

Any DJ can put up a playlist in the daytime, we have stated that before, but usually it is Tarryk's whose runs.

Which DJ are you looking for a playlist or two from? Perhaps we can arrange to alternate playlists in the daytime. Just let us know, we aim to please.
~~ Wyldthing
Taking entertainment to a whole new level on Rubi-ka!
Wyldthing

Postby Flyhard » Sun Aug 04, 2002 5:18 pm

I'd like to have the day playlist more like the shows. The amount of heavy metall is a little too big for my taste. I like it one song at a time, but not 3 in a row...
Flyhard

Postby Tarryk » Sun Aug 04, 2002 5:44 pm

We had already planned to do so, but this post spurred us a little quicker into discussing this situation. My playlist is admittedly VERY tuned to the metal/grindcore genre, and we know that's not what everyone wants to hear all the time.

Because of this, we've discussed several options of rotating playlists between the DJ's, to create a wider variety of between-show music. It will be implemented starting this week, but we need time to catch up to the new system, so please bear with us! :)
Tarryk
GSP Creator

Postby nanosorceror » Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:41 am

I think it would be cool if there were seprate stations for the times between the shows. For example: one could have a Metal playlist(I like metal 8) ) and another one could have a techno playlist(Alot of people like techno, and I can tolerate it in limited doses :wink: ) and maybe a couple other stations with playlists for other genres. When a dj comes on, all the stations should just go to the dj and the dj plays whatever he wants.

Diffferent people like different music, it would probably be cooler to put up seperate playlist stations between shows than trying to cater to everyone in one playlist.(maybe each dj could run one since it seems that each dj has a different focus) Thats my suggestion for stuff between shows.
nanosorceror

Postby Gridfan » Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:22 am

Great suggestions!
Problem is the all of current DJ's cant broadcast 24/7.
And then there is having enough material to play.

There is also technical issues and finaly. COST.
Yep. just the 1 station/stream today cost money.
And right now Xtrophic pays the bill on that. So a big cheer for him ppl comon :)

We do this for free ya know :)

But you did read my mind I did ponder this possibility recently.
Tough smaller scale. But the problems above esp cost is a pain in the ol ..... hehe.
Gridfan
Gridstream Developer

Postby Leviathun » Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:29 am

There are multiple stations as is just not all provided by GSP crew.. just gotta listen for people spaming radio stations or ask around to see whats available :wink:
Leviathun

Return to General/Discussion