Christmas 2011 Ideas brainstorming

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

Christmas 2011 Ideas brainstorming

Postby Jezebelle » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:12 am

I know it seems early to start talking about Christmas when it's hardly even Fall out there, so just get out one of those Snow Globes from last year and break open a Vacuum Packed Santa Hat and get a mug of whatever holiday cheer works for you, because it really is that time again.

The rules:

1) Don't infringe anyone else's Intellectual Property. There are Fair Use exceptions for parody and such, and oblique references are fine, but a direct copy of someone else's IP isn't going to happen. Grey areas are probably not worth the trouble of determining whether they're legal.

2) Keep it Teen-rated, or at least as Teen-rated as the rest of AO. That includes some pretty skimpy attire (Naughty List Bikini, for example) so this shouldn't be a problem.

3) New ideas are preferred. If you want to go back to last year's thread and copy one or two favorites, because they're still your favorite ideas, go ahead. I'll probably be doing that myself toward the end. Don't just paste the whole thread here, though. Similarly, please look over this thread before you add to it, to make sure someone else hasn't already said the same thing. If they have, adding some details and/or options to it is fine.

The schedule:

Sep. 10 - Sep. 24 - I'll be collecting Christmas ideas at all the GSP shows I can get to and posting them in this thread. If you think of something in between shows, just post it here or PM it to me. You can also tell any of the other Dancers if I'm not at the show when you think of something.

Sep. 25 - Oct. 1 - GSP DJs, Staff, and Dancers vote on their favorite ideas.

Oct. 2-8 - I'll write up the top 20 ideas in a big suggestion list and mail it to FunCom with a link back to this thread, in case they want to see not just our favorites, but the whole brainstorming list.

Oct. 8-10 - A weekend for GMs to find the list in the incoming mail and forward it to the devs, so it should actually be in the devs' inbox by the Monday before they're likely to start planning.

roughly October 12 or so - FC starts planning the event two months ahead to have time to plan, design, create, implement, test, and debug the new items and events.

some time around Dec 12-19 - AO Christmas event starts shortly before Christmas. How shortly depends on whether they're doing a "12 Days" event.

The Ideas:

I'm going to try keeping a numbered list of the ideas in the first two replies and editing them as ideas are added, to keep them all together. That will make it easier on both GSP and FC reading over them. The rest of the thread can be for suggesting more ideas to go on that list, adding details or options to them, discussing them, and asking for clarification.
Last edited by Kwaut on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Jezebelle » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:12 am

These three came in since last Christmas and have been sitting on the waiting list.

1) Santa tutu (red and white, of course, and wearable with the Naughty List Bikini)

2) “Elves are slave labor” placard

3) cheese and rice (paella?) dinner platter

--- 9/10/2011 ---

4) pink silvertail doll and/or pet (assorted colors like the braindogs would be good, as long as pink is one of them, and preferably selectable - click the doll to change its color, resummon until you get the right color)

5) holiday beverages (in decorative mugs)
- hot chocolate (+10% run speed?)
- eggnog
- peppermint cocoa
- "hopped up on mocha caramel capuccino"

6) a nano that makes it snow (not necessarily on the whole playfield, but at least in a radius of the caster. That "rain of cinders" effect, painted white and scaled down a bit, would be about right)

7) elfleet (green hat, little brown booties, backpack full of gingerbread cookies like the ones from previous Christmas events)

8) gift wrapped leet [*]

9) Christmas catgirl pet (miniature "elf sized" Grind Girl in a skimpy little green "Santa's Helper" bodysuit and green boots, holding a candy cane, following you around and dancing)

10) Christmas mitaar

11) confetti explosion effect nano

12) Christmas Tree pet nano

13) Christmas decoration nano to make players glitter and glow like Christmas Trees, as if they're wearing a box of Christmas Ornaments and a few strings of lights.

14) yalm-mounted snowball launcher (works like the mech weapons maybe)

15) sleigh yalm (sitting in it like a "hoverchair" would look better, but it should fly like a yalm)
- the team of Antleets pulling it are optional
- jet-powered variant was also suggested

16) candy cane shotgun (because Santa has violent moods too...)

17) brown silvertail morph

--- 9/12/2011 ---

18) little toy piggy (like the ones Gir plays with in Invader Zim)

19) smudged, sooty stocking full of coal

20) honey leets (leet-shaped bottles of honey, like the plastic bears on RK4)

21) Mr. Squeaky boat (hydro vehicle shaped like a big rubber duckie)

22) reindeer antlers for advy morphs (wolf and cat at least, leet is all ready, and I don't think reet would be necessary, but it would be funny)

23) nutcrackers

24) maple syrup and bacon (as an outfit?)

25) carrots (maybe on a stick, hanging from a string, if the new engine can manage that)

26) snowflake bikini (same as suggested both last Christmas and this Halloween)

27) carrot and oyster pie (see better and see something better)

28) snowshoes (and snow to go with them?)

29) Dreidel chair (you sit on a top with heiroglyphics and spin until you're dizzy)

30) snow hecklers with carrot noses and top hats
- or a snowman pet
- or a nano that summons either a snowman or an ice heckler

31) snowball/marshmallow gun (fires the Throw Snowball v2.0 effect)

32) Sprig of Mistletoe replica (This isn't in the item shop! Why not? It's been a long time and it's dated, so how about dropping replicas, then adding it to the shop?)

--- 9/13/2011 ---

33) Christmas present disguise (like that box you hide in for Contingent Spy daily missions, or wearable and tradeskilled from items like the ones collected for the Desert Rider)

34) present delivery quest [*]
- or quest to deliver gifts to a “white elephant” mech NPC to get the present the last person gave it, along with some once-per-character quest reward

35) Emoticon shirt - Christmas edition: Emoticon shirt in red/white

36) Throw "Yellow" Snowball

--- 9/14/2011 ---

37) red satin ribbon bikini (top like “Santa's Sweet Heart” top at http://www.3wishes.com/Christmas.asp and the bottom from http://www.sparklingstrawberry.com/prod ... Thong.html)

38) Red Pumps, like the black and white ones we already have, maybe green too

39) Santa Goes Postal event (big fat troxes with white beards and red suits smacking people with giant candy canes)

40) Christmas Tree hat (miniature Christmas Trees you wear on your head to provide lots of blinking and sparkling light)

41) chocolate covered potato chips

42) dancing elf doll (like the Dancing Mrs. Claus, but even shorter and wearing green - and if you make an elf costume for her, we want it too!)

43) beer helmet
- or iced coffee helmet
- or generic beverage helmet
- or empty beverage helmet that holds whatever beverage you combine it with
- or default to beer but make each variation combine with various beverages to change into that (this would go well with that object personalization suggestion I sent in a while back)

44) xmas pimp hat (like the one suggested for Halloween, with holly)
- and coat (leopard coat + 35 lbs of gold chain)

45) +scale nano that turns social pets into mounts (maybe not the rollerpumpkin, though... that woud be icky.)

46) snowman morph (like the snowman from a few years ago, 3 snowballs, 2 branches, 2 pieces of coal, 1 carrot, and a top hat)

47) snowball / snowman vehicle, like the Maximajack

48) Gargantuan Santa Leet morph nano (about the size of a Heavy Assault mech)

49) shoulder-hovering snowflake light
- or a Christmas Star, like the ones that go on top of a tree

50) Christmas lanterns like the old Halloween ones, but with candy canes hanging from a string of Christmas lights

51) heckler morph (like the ARK weird candies) with a Santa hat on

52) red and white teddy bears, and/or white polar bears

--- 9/16/2011 ---

53) more Naughty List bikinis (similar to the old ones, but different colors and designs)
- white cups/panels with a red gift box design and green straps
- green cups/panels with a white snowman design and red straps

54) more Holiday Holograms
- the blue shiny thing the Beast does
- particle fountains like Expertise nanos, but in red, white, and green, and more spread out, in a larger, sparser cloud
- personal snow machine (a spray of snow up into the air, flurrying down around you, resulting in snowflake decals or thick white fog on the floor)

55) My Little Bronto (little minibronto dolls in various pastel colors)

56) Christmas Balls bikini (either full round silver cups like two big christmas ball boobs, or tiny little round christmas ball nipple shields, with matching silver g-string) and Holly Shorts (tennis shorts with a holly branch and a couple red berries)

57) pumpkin ale (could also go in the Halloween list, but doesn't really fit with the "traditional winter beverages" listed above)

58) “reindeer palooza" t-shirt (pic on the front of a whole team of reindeer-headed Atroxes in tuxes pulling a sleigh full of dancing Opifex girls)

--- 9/20/2011 ---

59) reindeer-shaped hoverbike with blinking red nose (possibly with jingling bells sound effects in its wake, maybe the driver hears it too, but only on activation - that would probably require the next engine)

--- 9/21/2011 ---

60) ridable brontos

61) Mr. Wheelie ground vehicle

62) a new outfit for Circe Levi that fits her better (she's the female Nanomage NPC pacing back and forth through Reet Retreat in Miiir's Blue Lightning outfit)

63) scarves

--- 9/23/2011 ---

64) candy cane rainbow or double rainbow (maybe a visual effect from a nano or Holiday Hologram, although if you're going to make more "nanosprays" this would be a good one)

65) reindeer bikini (tan thong with silver jingle bells on the hip ties, white cups with reindeer faces, big blinking or glowing red noses right in front - would go great with that fluffy white bunny tail I'm hoping to get for Halloween and a pair or antlers like the ones Antleet wears)

66) a Fraiteliner doll to go with the dancing elf doll (an Atrox in Tank armor who just sits and watches the elf dance, but there's a 1% chance of him getting up and dancing like the Santa Claus doll)

67) full set of candy cane weapons (sound like more work than it's worth to me, but a few people suggested various different kinds, so one for each major weapon skill would be fair, I suppose)

68) Something less cute than leets to kill for loot, like “Uncle Not-the Grinch-but-close-enough-you-know-what-I-mean”

69) Pumpkin pie t-shirt

70) 2% XP boost candy

71) fr00b-only items - just something simple like an armband, or maybe a minor boost that doesn't quite make up for not having expansions.
Last edited by Kwaut on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:41 am, edited 16 times in total.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Jezebelle » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:13 am

--- some ideas from last Christmas that made the top 20 ---
[last year's top 20 post]
(I'll renumber these after the new ideas for this year are closed)

72) candy cane stockings

73) plaid pajamas

74) sexy Mrs. Claus costume

75) yeti leet

76) The Tinker's "Beautiful Ribbon Bow" wearable as pasties.

77) fur, fur trimmed, or fur lined bikini (faux fur, of course, and maybe different styles that look like they come from different mammals; leet, wolf, tiger, swiftwind, maybe not silvertail - those would be translucent)

78) sexy Mrs. Claus costume (something in between the Naughty List Bikini and a Santa Suit)

79) snowbabe costume (maybe alter last year's ski suit a bit to be more appropriate for, well... anywhere but Penumbra, really)

80) plastic toy guns that shoot confetti or bubbles or rainbows or marshmallows or something along those lines

81) headphones with reindeer antlers (Antleet's antlers on the DJ Headphones)

82) red bustier like the Bunny Body of GridStream Productions

83) satin camisole and matching frilly little skirt with fur trim

84) peppermint candy bikini top (would go well with the candy cane stockings)

--- other posts from last year that didn't make the list ---
[last year's brainstorming list]
(feel free to copy and paste a couple of your favorites too, if they're still what you want for Christmas)

85) Christmas pillows with mistletoe designs on them (possibly right-clickable for other designs like Santa Leet or a Christmas Gift)

86) normal sized candy canes that come in a box of a dozen or so (right-click to take one out and it's tradable, holdable, and the right size to suck on instead of playing lacrosse with)

87) hand holdable cat-shaped pillow (like a Grinning Hunter lying down, but a little bigger than a leet doll, and preferably without the sharp pokey uncomfortable bits, must be held such that when you /sleep it is lying on its side and your head is on its belly)
Last edited by Kwaut on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Sprkly » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:38 am

All I want for xmas is a:

Pink silvertail doll or pet
Sprkly
I Am Legend

Postby Jezebelle » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:06 pm

I thought "gift wrapped leet" was pretty obvious at the show, but when I added it to the list just now, I thought of two alternatives

a) either there was a leet in one of those presents under the tree and now his feet and tail are sticking out of the bottom of the box as he peeks out the slightly open top, or

b) if that doesn't animate well (ankle biting idle and rolling around) a leet tried to wrap himself up with the Desert Rider's gift wrap and super tape and ribbon bow, but didn't do very well, possibly due to the lack of hands.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Andyz » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:15 am

the Candy Cane shotgun. Because santa has violent moods too....

Also. Brown silvertail morph! :P
Andyz

Postby Jezebelle » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:32 am

Sprklygrrl wrote:All I want for xmas is a:

Pink silvertail doll or pet

So... your avatar. Love it by the way. It's SO you!

Andyz wrote:the Candy Cane shotgun. Because santa has violent moods too....

If it's a useful weapon, everyone but the Traders would feel cheated, and making a whole new set of weapons to keep everyone happy would be a lot of work. It could be a toy weapon, like the Mr. Squeaky Ray Gun, without upsetting anyone. Maybe it's a NERF shotgun? Maybe Santa's violent moods don't get much worse than an air-propelled foam dart with a suction cup?
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Kriegshammer » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:00 pm

Jezebelle wrote:21) Mr. Squeaky boat (hydro vehicle shaped like a big rubber duckie)

Nice idea, I like it! Would be fun to have swanboat/Squeakyboat races at Lake Newland. And on Halloween they can bring out Evil Squeakyboat :twisted:
That would redeem an old and obsolete skill, in my opinion.

My ideas:

- Christmas present disguise (similar to Agent's tree disguise; could be to be collected, like the Desert Rider stuff, and tradeskilled to be a "suit" that goes on the back - or make it a "nano" like the box in the Contingent Spy daily mish)

- Snowman pet (summon nano, like leet)

- Quest idea (solo/team):
The reindeers got taken out by aliens - find a way to deliver the presents!
Solo:
You get some presents and have to deliver them to others (either NPCs, or players even); if successful you get a random Christmas item you could not normally get from a present. The idea is to give lowbies a chance to get the rare items without going into too much danger.
Team:
Work together and pull the sleigh yourselves! Players put on a temporary reindeer costume (like the Cyborg Infiltration daily mish costume) which sets Runspeed to a certain fix amount, so all players pull with the same speed. The hard thing is to direct everyone in the same direction. Reward could be handled like in solo.

- Emoticon shirt - Christmas edition: Emoticon shirt in red/white

- Throw "Yellow" Snowball ;)

That's it for now.
Kriegshammer
I Am Legend

Postby Sprkly » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:18 pm

I LOVE that quest idea, Vithar. We should offer more of those for the holidays. Sometimes I hear players complain that all we get for the holidays are "useless" social items instead of new content. (Blasphemy!) I'll see what I can think up when it's not morning here. :D
Sprkly
I Am Legend

Postby Kriegshammer » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:24 pm

Aye, I liked the idea with the Desert Rider, people working together to spawn him, but in the end some collected the stuff and others with the high level teams (or the lucky few who got there at the right time) got the cool loot like the Yalm Clio.

So I think it would be better to make some smaller team missions which really reward those who put their time into completing the quest. Wouldn't be too hard to make something up, I guess.

Something social like giving out presents to others, reciting christmas carols (several sentences, select the right order or something like that), stuff to give the lowbies a chance to get the items, too, and maybe get to know the other players. Maybe make them give presents to 220's or TL5+ or some such.

Others prefer fighting, well, believe it or not, Chief Santa Leet has been abducted by aliens and yes, they'll probe the poor thing if the players don't free it! And just as we all celebrate Santa Leet realizes that one of his reindeer was severely wounded during the assault, so kick some Cyborgs around and get an implant/transplant to save Blitz or whatever they're called.

OK, I'll stop here :)
Kriegshammer
I Am Legend

Postby Jezebelle » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:49 am

And that's 87 ideas in two weeks. Not bad. Voting starts today, so any ideas added after this point won't get a fair vote, but you can throw them in anyway. FC might stop by to check out the whole list, and I can always start next year's list with them, like I did with the first three this year. Two weeks from now there should be another post here with the final list of suggestions I'm sending in.

And remember, anyone can send in ideas, so if your favorite doesn't make that list, you can just write it up yourself and mail it to feedback@anarchy-online.com or, if you have a paid account, post it in the Suggestions area in FunCom's official forums.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby bratitude » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:00 pm

01) Red Pumps, like the black and white ones we already have, maybe green too

02) Santa tutu (red and white, of course, and wearable with the Naughty List Bikini)

03) a nano that makes it snow (not necessarily on the whole playfield, but at least in a radius of the caster. That "rain of cinders" effect, painted white and scaled down a bit, would be about right)

04) smudged, sooty stocking full of coal

05) snowflake bikini (same as suggested both last Christmas and this Halloween)

06) snowball/marshmallow gun (fires the Throw Snowball v2.0 effect)

07) shoulder-hovering snowflake light
- or a Christmas Star, like the ones that go on top of a tree

08) “reindeer palooza" t-shirt (pic on the front of a whole team of reindeer-headed Atroxes in tuxes pulling a sleigh full of dancing Opifex girls)

09) a new outfit for Circe Levi that fits her better (she's the female Nanomage NPC pacing back and forth through Reet Retreat in Miiir's Blue Lightning outfit) 54) more Holiday Holograms
- the blue shiny thing the Beast does
- particle fountains like Expertise nanos, but in red, white, and green, and more spread out, in a larger, sparser cloud
- personal snow machine (a spray of snow up into the air, flurrying down around you, resulting in snowflake decals or thick white fog on the floor)

10) confetti explosion effect nano
bratitude
GSP Dancer

Postby Jezebelle » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:14 am

Oops. A couple duplicates snuck in there. The toy or candy cane weapons and the sexy Mrs. Claus outfit aren't listed twice on purpose. All it means is I was tired when I pasted my notes into the list. So we actually have 86, not 89. Still a good list.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby TheBalanceGuardian » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:20 pm

Well, I'm late, I haven't read ideas that already are here, I probably going to pick some idea that was used last year, because I don't know what originality is, but if I post there I can force people to read one more giant pointless post, so I will try to think of something.

Well... Let's start from the most stupid.
1) Create some monster and put it in some dark corner so people would kill him and receive something good. Like, some Ergo statue that was possesed by Santa Claus who uses his nano-programm or something stupid like that.
2) Create NPC and do the same. Ergo-Santa-Claus still fits.
3) Greatest gift for low-levels - merchant on island who sells weapon actually, in honor of Christmas, says that Solar-Powered Pistol can be patched and serve you for half of the game.
4) Extended version of tag - somewhere on Rubi-Ka there is weapon (only one on entire server) which don't kill the one whom it attacks, but gives "curse" or something like that, and after that goes to his inventory (after which it can't be used for half of an hour). After that player can attack and be atacked by everyone despite suppression field, but its owner can't be killed in PVP, only by monster, and in that case he doesn't lose weapon. Would need to think how to not make curse harmful (it would be unpleasant on Christmas), but how to give players motivation to give this weapon to something else. Could be one weapon that transforms with right click of the mouse (a bit boring relatively to other option) or could be several weapons of this type, each of different skill (would be interesting). Also can be inverted (not curse, but bless and motivation is to keep it for yourself), but in this case needs to be thought how not to make this "hunt" too violent.
Other details still need to be thought of, also.
5) All motherships look just like Christmas tree.
6) Mask of Cthulhu with Christmas hat. Just like this.

So, that's what my brain raved right before sleep. Hope, you liked it, because it means your brain is no better, so I won't suffer alone.
Oh, wait a minute, I'm not suffering from it. Actually, I'm pretty enjoying it.
Oh, then I don't care. Do whatever you want.
"You see,senorita, mystery is important. To know the whole truth, there's no magic in that", - Cortez.

"The Balance Provides, the Balance Protects. Trust the Balance, and trust yourself", - Venstrum Tobias Grensret.

"The coin is still turning", - Kain's legacy words.
TheBalanceGuardian

email sent

Postby Jezebelle » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:19 am

I finished writing up the email and just sent it off. Here's the final version of this year's top 20 with descriptions and reference links:

Two weeks of asking for Christmas ideas at GSP parties yielded 71 ideas, not a bad list considering how early it was. And then 16 more were pulled from last year's favorites and GSP DJs, Dancers, and Staff voted for their favorites to bring those 87 down to a top 20. So here you go. GSP's top 20 Christmas suggestions for 2011.

The full brainstorming list, with all the ideas gathered together in the first two replies this time, is at
http://www.gridstream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19052

1) snowflake bikini

This has been a favorite since Vallikat first mentioned it a year ago and I still haven't found a good reference photo. The basic idea is to take a few of those snowflake nanosprays, shrink them down to just the right size, and wear them as a bikini. If Shades can get away with wearing just tattoos, why can't the rest of us have some spray-on tattoos to wear the same way? Alternatively, white lace snowflakes with silvery lace straps would be good too. That was suggested as an alternate form of the Spiderweb Bikini for Halloween, but at the time I'm writing this, I don't know yet whether we'll be getting that.

So, since I still couldn't find a good reference photo that really captures this idea, I made one. We want this:
http://www.gridstream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=159604
Oh, and you'll have to actually click the image to get the full color version. The previews in that forum are reduced quality.

2) a nano that makes it snow

ARK Yarkona summoned a couple layers of nice white fog at Tarryk & Sprklygrrl's wedding and if that were just a little bit more opaque, it would look like accumulated snow. Add in a white version of the rain of cinders effect, with smaller, sparser particles, and you've got a little localized snowstorm. That might be a little harder on the engine than those Holiday Hologram Blasts, but easier on the eyes.

3) Santa tutu

The tutu mesh is already in game. Just make it red with white trim and wearable with either the Santa Suit or the Naughty List Bikini. Maybe it fits either the clothing or social back or leg slots and just adds the tutu without actually changing the leg graphics, regardless of what else is equipped in the other slots.

And if you think a "Santa Tutu" sounds silly, check out this example:
http://www.yandy.com/Sweetheart-Santa-Bustier.php

4) snow hecklers with carrot noses and top hats

We know the old engine can handle translucent critters because there are Silvertails. So how about pet ice hecklers that are silghtly bluish and translucent? Or pet snowmen? Or a cross between the two, a snow heckler with a carrot nose, coal eyes, and a top hat?

5) candy cane stockings and peppermint bikini

This one was suggested last year, too. This time I have a clearer idea of what it should look like, and still I can't find a good reference photo. The top is a twisted bandeau style bikini with a red and white swirl design on the cups, like a peppermint candy. The twist in the middle and sides are silvery to look like the twisted cellophane peppermint candies are wrapped in. The back is a flat strap of either the same silver or diagonal red and white stripes. Thigh-high stockings with red and white spirals like candy canes. Red and white diagonally striped boyshorts. Or maybe that's too many stripes. Red boyshorts with white trim would work, too.

I had to make my own examples of this, too, but you can't see the twists from these angles. If I have time, I'll make a side view that shows the twists. There are two versions, one all striped and one with less stripes, because the first one was a little much.
http://www.gridstream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=159670
http://www.gridstream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=159671

6) Christmas balls bikini

There are three versions of this idea, and in any case they should be nice and shiny in the new engine. The old engine will have to make do with bright colors, I suppose.
a) a full cup bra in red, green, silver, or white, with silver buttons on top to look like you're wearing two big Christmas tree decorations on your chest
b) Christmas ball pasties, no bigger than necessary
c) a microbikini that's basically the pasties tied on with a string of Christmas Lights instead of glued on.
The shoulder straps for either a or c could be green with little tassles all along the length, attaching to the button on top of the decoration to look like an ornament on the end of a fir branch, and the back strap a string of Christmas lights either by itself or on top of a tassled green lace "branch". I couldn't find good reference photos for this either, and didn't have time to make my own.

7) satin camisole and matching frilly little skirt with fur trim

We have a red tank top, but it only goes down to the waist. Wearing that with the red thong is kind of the right general idea, but a camisole should be lower. A top that sets the default legs to match would be good, but I think I'd rather have separate parts the same color as the new red thong so we have options to match.

I found a couple decent images of similar styles to what I had in mind, but none were quite right, so I made my own. It's posted on the GSP forums, here:
http://www.gridstream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=159605

8) red and white teddy bears, and/or white polar bear dolls

Are the only teddy bears on Rubi Ka creepy looking Childhood Memories? What did they look like when they were new? They weren't originally made and sold to parents like that just to give kids nightmares, right? So where are the new ones?

9) candy cane shotgun

"Because Santa has violent moods, too." Various candy cane and icicle weapons have been suggested from time to time. This time, they actually got quite a few votes, especially for the shotgun. You could make them toy guns like the Mr. Squeaky Ray Gun, so they're sure to not impact game balance, or you could make a whole set and base them on mediocre Rubi-Ka weapons with one common special, so they're on par with your average vendor fodder. Maybe give them the same stats as the basic versions of those old Rubi-Ka weapons that can now be upgraded with kits. Pretty much any ranged weapon could be shaped like a candy cane. Hold the other end of it and it's a blunt weapon. Piercing and edged weapons could be either hidden inside the candy cane, like sword canes, or made of icicles. A candy cane with both ends curved would be a bow, and snowballs are grenades.

10) variations on the Naughty List bikinis

I'm sure you've noticed the Naughty List and Midnight Pumpkin bikinis are very popular. They've both been around for a while, though. How about some new variations on the Naughty List? Keep the same style and give them a new color and design and call them v2.0. For example, white cups/panels with a red gift box design and green straps, or green cups/panels with a white snowman design and red straps. Boxers too, of course, but preferably without the "Female only" and "Not Female" tags this time.

10) sexy Mrs. Claus costume

This one's a repeat, too. The Santa Suit and Naughty List Bikini are both great in their very different ways, but it would be nice to have something in between. A short, low cut dress the same color as the Santa Suit.

There are tons of examples of this on the net, but I just picked my two favorites to link here.
http://www.intimatewholesalers.com/Holi ... g-5250.htm
http://www.yandy.com/Mistress-Claus-Teddiette.php

12) snowball/marshmallow gun

A toy gun that fires marshmallows or snowballs, possibly triggering the Throw Snowball 2.0 effect or something like it.

13) shoulder-hovering snowflake light

A utility item like the Floating Torch or Never-ending Being of Light, but shaped like either a snowflake or a Christmas tree star.

14) little toy piggy

A little pink stuffed pig doll, holdable like a leet doll, but not by the tail. Maybe by a collar? Inspired by the one Gir plays with in Invader Zim, so preferably it should look close enough to remind someone of that. Not identical of course, but close enough for Gir fans to appreciate.

15) Christmas catgirl pet

A miniature Grind Girl pet, the size of a Dancing Mrs. Claus, in a little green "Santa's Helper" dress. And if you're going to make the dress for her, you may as well make a full size version for us, too. A social pet who follows you around and dances when idle would be preferable to making her a dancing doll that only lasts a few seconds like the others. I still think she should run and hide from danger, but if that's too complicated, maybe just unsummon her if you're attacked?

This dress is also easy to find lots of pics of at costume sites. Here's a good example:
http://www.santaclaussuit.com/10-10050/ ... stume.html

16) more Holiday Holograms

Three specific visual effects were suggested, but if you guys have something particularly shiny and sparkly and new in mind, that's good too.

- the blue shiny thing The Beast does (I haven't seen that myself, so I don't know what it looks like)
- particle fountains like the Expertise nanos, in red, white, and green, and more spread out in a larger, sparser cloud, perhaps lasting a little longer, since Expertise is already easy to cast in a wide variety of colors.
- personal snow machine (similar to the "snowstorm nano" suggested above, but in a smaller area and instead of falling anonymously from the sky, the flakes shoot up from the caster before floating down in a narrow arc)

17) red bustier like the Bunny Body

I'd love to see this shiny and satiny in the new engine, but for now, just a red version of that top, or better yet, the whole outfit, would be great.

18 (tie) pink silvertail doll and/or pet

DJ Sprklygrrl is *not* the only one who wants this, but she's probably the one who wants it most. And for the rest of us, more colors than just pink would be nice. Specifically white, tan, purple, fushcia, and light blue. Maybe peach. Zebra stripes would be neat. Leopard spots or tiger stripes would be funny. Rainbow stripes would be great. Whatever the color options are, they should be selectable by right-clicking (for dolls) or resummoning (for pets) so those who do have a strong preference can choose.

18 (tie) Christmas Tree hat

At Michizure's last MMOATP he replaced someone's head with a giant Christmas tree. That was disturbing on many levels and really isn't the idea we're going for here. This is a _small_ Christmas tree worn on top of the head as both a costume accessory and a light source. Strapping it on with a band that wraps under the chin should look right... except maybe on an Atrox. That kind of requires a neck to see under the chin, and this does sound like the kind of thing troxes would wear.

20) cheese and rice (paella?) dinner platter

A variation of the Christmas dinner plates from previous years, inspired by one of DJ Joanwilder's sayings. Paella is a fairly vague rice dish one might call the Spanish version of Chop Suey. Basically, it's leftovers and rice fried in a pan. In this case, with cheese. Maybe there's some diced malle or ground bronto in it. What would be the Rubi-Ka version of saffron?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope some of it is useful and/or inspires some ideas for you.

In case you want more brainstorming, the whole list these were picked from is at http://www.gridstream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19052 That thread is still open, so there might be more there by the time you're ready to plan for Christmas.

Looking forward to Christmas already! And Halloween, too!

- Jezebelle
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Postby Gridfan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:56 am

"Personal Firework" for new year, "battery" pack with x shots, it is placed on the ground and fires more than one effect up into the air, each shot with different colors/shapes/patterns, outdoor only, can also be bought in the Funcom store in the off-season for those special occasions.
Possibility of related fireworks too like fountains placed on the ground, going up only a few feet, or spinners, or colored sparklers one can hold in their hand (sparklers are indoor and outdoor).

PS! During appropriate seasons or events sparklers and firework could be handed out by ARKs/GMs, or mini-quest NPCs.
Gridfan
Gridstream Developer

Postby Jezebelle » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:38 am

That's a good idea, but I think it's a little late for this year. New Year's Eve is during the Christmas event, and they're probably already working on Christmas now. It's on my list of suggestions to send in, though.
Jezebelle
GSP Dancer

Return to General/Discussion