Auto Join the TSW GridStream Chat Channel...

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

Auto Join the TSW GridStream Chat Channel...

Postby Ashval » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:05 pm

It can be a pain to remember to join the GridStream chat channel every time you log in, so here's a quick shortcut for you and a guide on how to make a script in TSW.

How To Create Scripts
To create scripts in TSW (Exactly how it is in Anarchy Online but with a capital S on Scripts).
  1. Create a folder inside of your TSW folder called 'Scripts' - c:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\The Secret World\Scripts
  2. Create a text file (i.e. auto_login.txt)
  3. Open up the text file in Notepad and enter the code (auto login example is below). Click on Select All and Ctrl+C and paste it in to your new file. Save & Close.
  4. Rename the file to remove the extension, dot and all (i.e. name_here). It will give you a warning asking if you really want to do it, say yes. - If it looks like the extension is already gone, make sure that you have unchecked "Hide extensions from known file types" under Organize > Folder and search options > View tab
  5. Use the script in game just like AO (i.e. /name_here...not needed for the auto_login script, as it runs automatically)
  6. That's it :)

Auto-Login to GSP Private Chat Channel
To make this script automatically run when you login create the file with the name 'auto_login'
Code: Select all
/delay 5000
/chat join GridStream
I may be retired, but I'm GridStream for life.
Ashval
Former Station Owner & Deacon of Doom

Return to General/Discussion