The Mass Effect.

Talk about anything!

Moderator: Station Managers

Re: The Mass Effect.

Postby Shigy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Those appear to be the same picture. Tali looks hot in it though ;-)
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Talidro » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:18 am

Ashval wrote:I <3 Tali.

I knewz it!!!!
Talidro
GSP Dancer

Postby Caliana » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:45 am

Shigy wrote:Those appear to be the same picture. Tali looks hot in it though ;-)

Almost. One is with the Helmet, and one is without. So every 5 minutes Tali puts on/takes off her helmet.

Oh.. I see what happened. I fixed the link, it should properly be 2 different links now :crazy:
Caliana - 9 Swords, Rapier Division
Zellira - GSP Dancers, Leader
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Caliana » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:41 pm

I beat Mass Effect 1 Huzzah! I need to go back and try to clear more of the side missions though. I kinda missed a few.

I started ME2, and I'm kinda mad. The game is so pretty, but the controls are different. Not bad, I just.. keep trying to do ME1 controls by instinct, and messing stuff up. Also: It won't let me port my ME1 character in for some reason. I keeps saying it can't find the destination folder or something, and I can't find where to manually manipulate that.

Another nitpick: the default ME2 story has fucked up every story decision I made in ME1. Without going into details or revealing spoilers for anyone who didn't play, let's just say that key decisions involving the Crew, the Council, and anything else the intro and starter characters talk about when referring to past events are the opposite of what I did, and that makes me frumpy. Every time an NPC mentions what "happened" I want to shake them and shout "NO IT DIDN'T! I WAS THERE! Youshutchermouf" :flame:
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Cherri » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:49 pm

:flame: That sucks. Story continuity (when offered) is important to me, so I understand your frustration. Particularly with ME when, depending on the type of player you are, the whole point of the game is to create your particular story. And then they get it wrong??! And speaking as someone who is obsessive about character creation... yeah, I would be pissed. Maybe the character import error is causing the story import error, but I'm stretching for reasons. I played the ME line on 360 and it imported everything nicely. I do DA on the computer and it's good as long as I don't use mods. Which I usually only used to give my characters pink or purple hair anyway... >.> Sounds like that might not matter for the 3rd installment anyway.
Cherri

Postby Ashval » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Whoa...time out.

A) Your char should import fine. I'll have to get home to double-check how to do this, but I think it's a matter of going into the options in ME2 and setting the destination directory and importing there. This may be done at the launcher...I can't recall. A quick google search would probably answer this.

B) This importing of your character is also what makes certain that your decisions carry over. So, it's pretty important. Again, if you can't find it via a google search...I'll try to remember to poke around for it when I get home from work.

I hope you won't try to play too far in without figuring this out. It's hugely important to have those decisions carry over (and they do).
I may be retired, but I'm GridStream for life.
Ashval
Former Station Owner & Deacon of Doom

Postby Ashval » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:16 pm

Also, you can still tinker with your char's appearance if you're not happy with how it carries over from ME1 to ME2 (there are some subtle differences in the graphic engine). That's after, of course, you figure out how to set the import directory. :)
Ashval

Postby Ashval » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:27 pm

This is the general FAQ answer I found on Bioware's ME2 site. I wouldn't think it's any different for the collector's edition. I hope this helps!

Q: How does the save import work?
If you played Mass Effect 1, and kept your save game files, you will be able to continue your progress in Mass Effect 2. You will be able to select the import on a by career basis. From the main menu, start a new game then choose to Import ME1 character. The save game import utility will walk you through the rest, including giving you basic information on the save file. For example, did you save the council, did Wrex survive, what was your character level, and more. On PC there is a Configuration Utility that will help you locate and import your ME1 save games. On Xbox 360 all you need is the gamer profile and save games to get started.

Q: How exactly does the PC Configuration Utility work with ME1 save games?
Here are step by step instructions on how to run and use the Configuration Utility to import your ME1 save game.
Run the Mass Effect 2 Configuration Utility from the main launcher
Click the 'Save Games' button
Click the 'Copy Mass Effect 1 Save Games' button, and select the appropriate location for your ME1 save game. (the default location is My Documents\bioware\Mass Effect\Save)
This will copy the appropriate save games from your Mass Effect 1 directory into the proper place in the Mass Effect 2 directory.
Run Mass Effect 2, and from the main menu select 'New Game'
Select 'Import ME1 Character'
Your savegame should now show up in the list.
Ashval

Postby Caliana » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:35 am

I got it fixed :) I had to look up where they hid both the configure tool AND the save folder.

Do any of you happen to have the Genesis pack? I see that it says it's an interactive comic book, but that it also allows you to make the key Choices of ME1 and implement them into 2. I guess that's a little bypass pack so if you haven't played 1, or if you did and don't want/can't port an old character, you can still make the selections. Has anyone used it? I'm thinking of getting it so I can make some characters that weren't ones I beat the game with.
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Ashval » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:51 pm

I have Genesis. I honestly didn't end up using it much because I still enjoy replaying ME1 and making those different decisions that way, but it covers the big decisions well enough. There are some smaller decisions that Bioware actually brings back in ME2/ME3 though that I don't think Genesis fully covers (some may even be hidden in those side quests you didn't get to, so another go at it might be worthwhile).

I'm glad you got it working! :) I really love the character interactions in ME2, and it has one of the most thrilling endings ever.

Make sure you poke around on your ship and visit with your crew as much as possible. They have a lot to say in between missions. Also, there are some great giggle worthy moments on the Citadel when you return.

Have fun!
Ashval

Postby Caliana » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Ashval wrote:I have Genesis. I honestly didn't end up using it much because I still enjoy replaying ME1 and making those different decisions that way, but it covers the big decisions well enough. There are some smaller decisions that Bioware actually brings back in ME2/ME3 though that I don't think Genesis fully covers (some may even be hidden in those side quests you didn't get to, so another go at it might be worthwhile).

I'm glad you got it working! :) I really love the character interactions in ME2, and it has one of the most thrilling endings ever.

Make sure you poke around on your ship and visit with your crew as much as possible. They have a lot to say in between missions. Also, there are some great giggle worthy moments on the Citadel when you return.

Have fun!

Oh my yes, I've discovered. I was quasi afk a minute behind Joker while I was checking on something right after a convo, and he did several things. I came back to what I think was female moaning, then him quickly cutting off the comm and saying "sorry, that was meant for headphones". I love how he hates the AI, and I make sure to talk to him often :lol:
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Gridfan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:07 pm

*lalalala* not listening, I've Romanced Tali through the trilogy, and am would probably like to replay through with 3-4 other gals but, but you know time and everything *lalalalala* (fingers in ears)
Gridfan
Gridstream Developer

Postby Talidro » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Gridfan wrote:{snip}I've Romanced Tali through the trilogy{/snip}

Aww, griddy, I didn't realize you felt that way!

Lol
Talidro
GSP Dancer

Postby Caliana » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:16 pm

Talidro wrote:
Gridfan wrote:{snip}I've Romanced Tali through the trilogy{/snip}

Aww, griddy, I didn't realize you felt that way!

Lol

I see what you did there, and I like where this is going :lol:
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Caliana » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:08 pm

I think Joker is my favorite character for off idle/mundane dialogue so far, but the doctor is great too.

Mordin:
"Perhaps later. Trying to determine how scale-itch got onto Normandy. Sexually-transmitted disease. Only carried by varren. Implications unpleasant."
"Some other time. About to test new bio-weapon. Not on us, of course. Didn't think I had to specify, but Joker got nervous."
"Having trouble working between your interruptions and EDI's insistence that 'insane' experiments endanger entire crew. Hard to concentrate. Affecting morale."

Joker:
"Commander, can I get a mirror up here? You know, so I can see when someone is standing behind me?"
"Yeah, this is 98 percent of my job. I just watch buttons flash. Sometimes I press one."
"We need a deflector dish so I can realign that mother."
"Why is it always claw and guns? Why can't we piss off a fuzzy planet? Still dangerous, but hey, bunnies."
"Know what I hate about deep space? Crap radio stations from two centuries back. Gosh, we were idiots."
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Ashval » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:15 pm

Yep! Definitely two hiliariously written characters there! :)
Ashval

Postby Caliana » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:48 pm

"It's not like dating humans where you just stick it out for a century..." o.0

"... she'd put the old commando leathers on for special nights with dad. Goddess that was embarrassing."
" he [her dad] liked to show off his scars. Kroggan think they're sexy. I, go for asses."
Last edited by Caliana on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Shigy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:50 pm

I love Joker :)
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Shigy
Station Owner

Postby Caliana » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:36 am

o.0

I.. um... I just got my first penis enlargement spam message in Normandy's mail system. This made me laugh, facepalm, and also cringe. Especially since the header was "YOUR 2 Small!!"
:crazy:
Caliana
GSP Dancer

Postby Caliana » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:46 am

Awkward moments in combat dialogue. Grunt + Harbinger

Harbinger: I know you feel this.
Grunt: RIGHT ON YOUR ASS!

I need an adult.